Will the 2018 Bills be better then the 2017 Bills???

Scorp83

38 minutes ago, nucci said:

Bills made the playoffs last season

You got me.  Clearly I have failed to recognize the dynasty here. 

23 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I have no doubt the team will be better. Players are returning to pretty much the same system with pretty much the same team.

I think you will find the Bills will easily fill holes. There will be a large number of offensive linemen available at the final 53.

The only problem will be a stronger AFC-East

So new CB, LB's, DT on defense and then a whole new offense and outside of McCoy and KB an almost completely new set of players starting but other than that I suppose you're right.

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

this roster is hot garbage. 4-12 at best. Post draft is 4-12 to 6-10 at best.

I like McDermott a lot as HC, but he needs some talent to help.

This roster could be the worst I've seen in 30 years of being a Bills fan.

wow.....some of you guys need help...sheesh:o

58 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I have no doubt the team will be better. Players are returning to pretty much the same system with pretty much the same team.

I think you will find the Bills will easily fill holes. There will be a large number of offensive linemen available at the final 53.

The only problem will be a stronger AFC-East

thank you and true...but we finally have an oc that will create an offense to suit his players and not an oc that demands players fit into his antiquated system. WE ARE GOING TO KICK ASS!

we are about 50 %...or less to molding this roster before camp. take a deep breath and watch the process unfold.B-)

Edited by billsredneck1

44 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

You got me.  Clearly I have failed to recognize the dynasty here. 

So new CB, LB's, DT on defense and then a whole new offense and outside of McCoy and KB an almost completely new set of players starting but other than that I suppose you're right.

Thanks, I see no problem

IMHO the roster looks horrible right now.

McCarron is your starting QB

We realistically have only one building block on the offensive line (Dawkins) Every one else is a journeyman at best.

Historically, most any RB McCoy's age begins their  decline, if not completely falls off a cliff. My guess is at this point next year we will consider his contract way too much compared at what level his production is at. No backup. Ivory? Overpaid, should never have been signed at that price.

By any measure your FB and TE are overpaid in comparison to production. They are not ascending players.

Wr corps i the worst in the NFL. Benjamin is a free agent after this year. Will he be healthy? What will he eamn to get paid considering he isn't a true number one. (Runs a limited route tree(though, I do like him alot, he is not a high volume WR)

The DL line is solid. Though, Star was way  overpaid, considering he is not a penetrator, just a run stuffer. He averages 2 sacks a year.

LB, my god, a night mare. Possibly Milano can be a solid starter, I like him, but lets see what he can do this year. The other LB'S are as old s dirt.

Love the safety's and Dvis and White at CB, though, we certainly could add another CB.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:02 PM, TFBillsfan said:

I could easily see us having double digit losses this year. Just way too many holes to fill. OL, LB, WR along with a big ? at QB.  Multiple holes on the OL.  After this season KW will be done and Shady will be another year older. So we’ll need a replacement in both of those positions as well. At this point, call me greedy but I’d rather move up to the 6-7 spot and keep the majority of my picks. With the current roster, not sure it’s wise to start any rookie QB this year. Keeping next years #1 is a must.

Just said the same thing in a different thread. Was talking to a Jets fan at work and he is convinced they are going to do something boneheaded like taking Allen. 

If The Giant don’t go QB we could possibly wait till 5 and still have a shot at a good QB and some picks to build around him with.... this year sand next.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

4 hours ago, nucci said:

But why do think Beane is cocky when it comes to drafting?

Cockiness or just bad choices? It happens often. Picks don't work out all the time

Beane's purged the roster for cap space and extra picks in a weak draft year, so yeah, I think thats cocky. Clearly he thinks he's better than Wailey.

8 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I seriously doubt we see less than 4 games with single digit points scored over the next 3 years. The low scoring wasn't a thing until 2017 when we hired a LB for our OC.

i believe ....ummm...dennison is no longer here:blink:

10 hours ago, Greatdane21 said:

Bills are cap strapped and have a tougher schedule next year .unless rookies come through big time 

there may be a slide.

is the schedule out?  i thought last year was supposed to be the hardest in a long time.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Remember  to change your posting alias to "Bag of sour milk".

Whats yiour take then? I feel I am being realistic about mine.

Have you ever had a post that isn't a snarky one line like reply?

Feel free to discuss and rate each position group.

I'm beginning to think that 2018 will be the season when the team hits the rock bottom that many expected to see last season. The vast personnel turnover, the purging of all of the pre-2017 draft picks, the likelihood of a QB who is new to starting or even a rookie, the decimated offensive line, the dearth of linebackers, the terrible receiving corps, no depth behind McCoy. This looks like a 3-5 win team.

I think the future after that looks brighter, assuming they have drafted reasonably well in 2018 and have established a good quarterback for the future. If not, Cleveland Browns territory. 

16 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

wow.....some of you guys need help...sheesh:o

thank you and true...but we finally have an oc that will create an offense to suit his players and not an oc that demands players fit into his antiquated system. WE ARE GOING TO KICK ASS!

we are about 50 %...or less to molding this roster before camp. take a deep breath and watch the process unfold.B-)

If I hear "The Process" one more time, I will go homicidal. To this day I have heard no rational explanation of what "The Process" (cue heavenly choir singing hosannahs) is other than "we do it our way, stop questioning it."  This is no different than any other management team in football. The proof is in the personnel and coaching choices made by the GM and coaching staff. McDermott in my opinion has earned some respect from the results he got last season; Beane I am more skeptical about, though I expect they are on the same page about the big decisions so six of one, half dozen of another.

Clearly Beane & McDermott's plan was to get rid of everybody who was on this team before they took over, regardless of talent level and productivity, stockpile draft choices and build their own team essentially from scratch. They want "their guys" and they've gotten them. Fine. But I don't see how anybody can look at the Bills roster and not at least have some misgivings about what we see. Maybe an adequate offensive line with drop from the skies in the first week of June and they will hit on every draft choice or the QB they trade up for will start like a house afire. But from this corner of the room, it will be a miracle if they win five games next season. 

That's fine too, if they have built the foundation of a better team, but the proof of that has yet to be seen.  

4 hours ago, Dr. K said:

If I hear "The Process" one more time, I will go homicidal. To this day I have heard no rational explanation of what "The Process" (cue heavenly choir singing hosannahs) is other than "we do it our way, stop questioning it."  This is no different than any other management team in football. The proof is in the personnel and coaching choices made by the GM and coaching staff. McDermott in my opinion has earned some respect from the results he got last season; Beane I am more skeptical about, though I expect they are on the same page about the big decisions so six of one, half dozen of another.

Clearly Beane & McDermott's plan was to get rid of everybody who was on this team before they took over, regardless of talent level and productivity, stockpile draft choices and build their own team essentially from scratch. They want "their guys" and they've gotten them. Fine. But I don't see how anybody can look at the Bills roster and not at least have some misgivings about what we see. Maybe an adequate offensive line with drop from the skies in the first week of June and they will hit on every draft choice or the QB they trade up for will start like a house afire. But from this corner of the room, it will be a miracle if they win five games next season. 

That's fine too, if they have built the foundation of a better team, but the proof of that has yet to be seen.  

PROCESS!  PROCESS!   PROCESS!  PROCESS!  PROCESS!  WHAT DON'T YOU GET?:D

EDIT: MY BAD: THE  THE  THE  THE:lol:

EDIT: SORRY ....FORGOT THE QUOTATION MARKS:rolleyes:

Edited by billsredneck1