ESPN: Josh Rosen isn’t going to just “shut up and throw” and has big plans for his NFL career

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Don’t think so. It was a joke.

Wearing a hat that says F@:* Anybody is a special kind of idiocy.

If you read the article, he did apologize for wearing a hat with the f word.  But Trump’s whole platform is about trying to bullying/ attack people.  Personally, I was the type who would bully the bullies.  But I do agree wearing something with profanity is a bad look.  Sadly, I feel Rosen at 21 is more mature than a 72 year old man. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t care what your politics are, walking around with a hat in public that say F anybody is just plain stupid and shows really bad judgment.

If one of my kids pulled a stunt like that I would be ashamed and would seriously second guess my parenting skills.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I don’t care what your politics are, walking around with a hat in public that say F anybody is just plain stupid and shows really bad judgment.

If one of my kids pulled a stunt like that I would be ashamed and would seriously second guess my parenting skills.

Like he said, it was stupid.  But let’s be honest.  If your child’s worst acts were wearing a hat with a swear word & having a hot tub in his dorm room, all while becoming a millionaire, you did a hell of a job as a parent.  I don’t have kids and like to think I’m a pretty good person, but I did much, much worse.

Honest question, what’s worse to you: the hat or running away from police while you’re drunk?  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Like he said, it was stupid.  But let’s be honest.  If your child’s worst acts were wearing a hat with a swear word & having a hot tub in his dorm room, all while becoming a millionaire, you did a hell of a job as a parent.  I don’t have kids and like to think I’m a pretty good person, but I did much, much worse.

Honest question, what’s worse to you: the hat or running away from police while you’re drunk?  

I don’t condone either, but Mayfield was impaired; Rosen was thinking clearly when he did what he did.

Most people regret something they have done when they were drinking. How many people to you know waking around in public with F somebody hats.

I would take Mayfield over Rosen without a moment of hesitation.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha.  Yes, Rosen was clearly the problem with UCLA.  Not the Bruins 117th ranked defense.  If Rosen was any good, he would have led the Bruins to 40 points/ game instead of 32.5 (which includes games he didn’t play in).  What a bum!!!

some of you are working way to hard to hate on him because for whatever reason, you don’t like his personality. 

I honestly don't dislike the guy for any other reason than he was injured a lot on a bad team. The guy can't escape the pocket and his durability is a huge question mark. Then when he runs his accuracy percentage goes out the window. He played in a WCO style of offense with shorter throws so he put up some really good numbers as he had really good stats but not many wins.

My take is the way this current offensive line looks the very last guy this regime should be thinking of drafting is Josh Rosen. All I can do is think of Sam Bradford who at times is as good as they come as a starting NFL QB but can't stay on the field due to injuries. I don't much care for Sam Darnold either if that helps. 

I also stated I like the kid as a person with the audacity to wear a fu*k Trump hat to one of Trump's golf courses. He is just a kid, a 6'4'' 218 lbs. 

I look at it like this, back up what you say you will do and I will respect it 100%. You wanna be Babe Ruthe and point out the home run, then knock that thing out of the park. If he pointed and didn't hit the home run he wouldn't be a legend. You dig?

You talk the talk and don't walk it out, then it's just a joke and I will have a good laugh about it. Now that Rosen is spoken he will have to back it up.

Edited by Lfod

On 4/10/2018 at 9:20 AM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

He is a Idiot. This guy will flame out, why not come in humble and listen and learn. Guys like this never work out. Talk about putting pressure on yourself. Even if you believe you will win more championships then Brady you should never say it out loud. We’re is Troy Vincent when you need him. You think the Vets like that kind of talk. This guy will end up like Ryan Leaf, lots of talk and no brains. 

I can't stress the importance of proper grammar enough when calling someone an idiot.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/04/2018 at 6:25 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

For those worried about him being Jewish (which is a really ridiculous concern btw):

Interview question in bold: 

Your high school coach said you're also curious about religion, and while you're Jewish, you attended Mass every Sunday.
That's right. I went to a Catholic school, and it was cool to learn. You have to have an open mind. It'd be naive to think you're just born into the right religion that will get you into heaven. My opinion will evolve and grow. Where do you sit on it?

I'm Muslim by heritage, and I used to attend Mass too, but it was partly to impress a Catholic girlfriend. Now I'm agnostic.
[Laughs] Same. But agnostic and atheist are loaded words -- people get scared, like, "Whoa!" Look, I don't know, and I don't think it's possible to know. Don't tell me how to live my life, but I'd love to hear about how you live yours.

Seems like a great kid to me. The stories I have heard are that he has interviewed extremely well all around the league and that GMs have really responded well. There are some died in the wool old fashioned scouts who hate him because he is without question smarter than they are. 

• Like (+1) 3

On April 10, 2018 at 11:34 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

The verb hear means to perceive sound or to listen. Hear also means to receive a message or gain information. The past form of hear is heard. The adverb heremeans at, in, or toward a place or a particular point in a process

In next week's class, please explain the difference between "their", "they're", and "there".

You have a lot of work to do around this place.

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

In next week's class, please explain the difference between "their", "they're", and "there".

You have a lot of work to do around this place.

I generally never criticize grammar on a message board but this guy has been on a crusade on calling Rosen an idiot....just needed to point out he’s not a Sir Isaac Newton.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, kdiggz said:

this kid is next level.  he's 21 yrs old and he's more mature than I am.  he is very conscientious and self aware.  that is something you usually don't learn until much later in life.  when i was 21 it was all about me.  he is very advanced for his age to do the type of critical thinking he is doing.  nothing wrong with trying to understand the world and where you can fit in.  isn't that why we are here?

not on sunday afternoons.....

13 minutes ago, Bakin said:

My question: are Buffalo fans ready for a Jew at QB?

from my seats in the stands at Orchard Park, they certainly weren’t ready for a Black one. 

Those Bills fans need to move out of the Jim Crow days and get over it. 

11 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I heard that Trump is going to show up to Rosen’s first game wearing a F*#* Rosen hat.

Just a rumor at this point.

There is a good chance he keeps lists like Baker Mayfield. He should be too busy for that, but it is what it is. 

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Those Bills fans need to move out of the Jim Crow days and get over it. 

There is a good chance he keeps lists like Baker Mayfield. He should be too busy for that, but it is what it is. 

Seriously, who walks around with a hat that says F**% Somebody on it? It's bizarre.

In his interview he says he says he regrets wearing the hat because it had the F word and then he goes on to use the F word in the interview?

"Again, it's about tailoring the message -- I don't want to get political, but the thing I regret the most about the Trump thing is using the F-word. I'm a role model for kids. I regret the F-word."

Haha.

Edited by Sky Diver

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Seriously, who walks around with a hat that says F**% Somebody on it? It's bizarre.

In his interview he says he says he regrets wearing the hat because it had the F word and then he goes on to use the F word several times in the interview?

Haha.

Is it worse to wear a hat with a curse word on it or beat a woman until she's covered with bruises and ruptures an eardrum.  

I honestly think that you are less mad at Foster for beating a woman than you are at Rosen because of his comments.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is it worse to wear a hat with a curse word on it or beat a woman until she's covered with bruises and ruptures an eardrum.  

I honestly think that you are less mad at Foster for beating a woman than you are at Rosen because of his comments.

Non-sequitor.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your entire thread is non-sequitor.  You're arguments have veered off the original point and you can't seem to grasp it.

You didn't answer the question either....so it seems you believe what Foster did is not as bad as Rosen's comments.

Saban probably just thinks those cops who arrested him are bitter LSU fans again 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_d824fa3e-490c-11e6-b23a-cb756310fab5.amp.html

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Your entire thread is non-sequitor.  You're arguments have veered off the original point and you can't seem to grasp it.

You didn't answer the question either....so it seems you believe what Foster did is not as bad as Rosen's comments.

Um, this is a thread about Rosen. 

Where do you get from my comments that I believe what Foster did isn't as bad as Rosen wearing a ridiculous hat, lol?