2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

On 5/24/2018 at 3:07 PM, B-Man said:

Capitals were not to be denied. Great series by them. Full value for the win. Congratulations. :)

After the Sharks lock down Taveras we may see in the final next final.

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Caps seemed to have more in the gas tank than Vegas did.  

And another franchise is removed from the "never won a championship" list.

They definitely brought the heat in the 3rd period to outscore them 2 - 0   

Christ I'm tired I couldn't spell definite (seems a good excuse) 

VGK had a good run and beat some very good teams.   But the way the Caps were playing for the most part) they seemed destined to win the cup.  

58 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Gratz to the Caps

Now I enter my 3 month sports desert between the Stanley Cup and the start of NCAA NFL football :(

fixed it for you.  

21 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I have been pulling for Vegas!

The idea of an expansion team taking the Cup in their first year, when other middling franchise like the Sabres can't get the job done in 50 years, is hilarious.

Sabres made it to the final in their 4th season, the Panthers in their 3rd..lets see where Vegas goes from here. in 50 years, may be calling them "middling and never won the Cup" as well!

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you know whats in that article and it still drives nuts??? Fans screaming" O "during the national anthem. DC has a freaking baseball team now...no need to do this anymore. Ravens fans i get..not Caps fans!!!

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Glad Vegas didn't win...with the Sabres bottom-dwelling, I'm not sure I could have handled an expansion team winning the Cup.

Still...Vegas has nothing to be ashamed of.  Years from now, people will remember the Caps winning a championship primarily because if "Oh yeah, that was the Golden Knights miracle season..."

At first, I was a bit resentful of the Knights. Got a much nicer kick-start than every other expansion team. As I thought about it more and the initial emotional response faded, I realized maybe this is how it should be done. If it was me investing a half a billion dollars to divided up amongst all the other teams I should get something besides an admission into the league. And really, it doesn't seem to be a good plan to have a horrible product in a non-traditional market at launch. So I came to terms with how this was done. 

Then I started to enjoy all the Vegas bullshite that comes with this team. I just like the fun aspect of it. It's Vegas and that's how it is there.

I was a bit let down by the final as the Knights seemed to run out of steam. For whatever reason, they just were not the same team. Maybe they finally realized they were out of their depth and lost confidence? 

Anyway as far as the Sabres go it really appears that they are acquiring (or going to with the #1 pick) some nice pieces to put a playoff team together in the next couple years. Eichel, Dahlin and I watched  O'Reilly in the Worlds last month and he looked really good. The key is acquiring quality players whose value is more than what you budget under the cap. Something like what the Penguins do. Top heavy salary but great scouting fills the roster with value players.  And getting a solid goalie would be nice as well.

32 minutes ago, Dante said:

O'Reilly in the Worlds last month and he looked really good. 

most experts seem to think a better chance than not he will be playing elsewhere next year. Should find out in the next week or so..trades should be heating up now the Cup is won!

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

Son Mike was at the MGM in Vegas last night and got this video of Ovi!  Not even close to being a Cap's fan but amazing he was there to get the vid.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1He1E6zottlHpxJE7ck4XF9URM5n3BQas/view?usp=sharing

That's freaking awesome! But I am somewhat shocked a drunk Russian hockey player still had his shirt on!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sabres made it to the final in their 4th season, the Panthers in their 3rd..lets see where Vegas goes from here. in 50 years, may be calling them "middling and never won the Cup" as well!

you know whats in that article and it still drives nuts??? Fans screaming" O "during the national anthem. DC has a freaking baseball team now...no need to do this anymore. Ravens fans i get..not Caps fans!!!

I haven't been in DC that long.     I thought the O  was for Ovechkin   with it being 13 years on the team 

@CowgirlsFan   guess what I was eating as the 3rd period started?

superstitions they may be but damn it worked out.  

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I haven't been in DC that long.     I thought the O  was for Ovechkin   with it being 13 years on the team 

@CowgirlsFan   guess what I was eating as the 3rd period started?

superstitions they may be but damn it worked out.  

The salsa and chips? ?

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nah, it started in BMORE for the O’s. And the O’s were DCs team for a long time. But they ain’t no more... we got the Natinals!

and yes misspelling is intentional, the Nats actually had jerseys with that misspelling on them!

1 hour ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Congrats Washington... You guys more than deserved the cup! Hopefully we can land Tavares and Karlesson/Carlson and take you out next year! Man, how did I live without hockey all these years?!

VGN player hard (and a tad bit dirty)

they should be proud.  

It was a good series, the Caps have been one of the more talented teams for awhile. When Holtby returned they seemed to put it all together at the right time. The Knights deserve a ton of credit, they got worn down by a better team. The 2nd period of last nights game was their only good period in the last 3 games or so. 

16 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Congrats Washington... You guys more than deserved the cup! Hopefully we can land Tavares and Karlesson/Carlson and take you out next year! Man, how did I live without hockey all these years?!

Not sure if anyone seen this tweet but a certain Caps fan in Vegas couldn't contain her "excitement."  (Warning: NSFW!) Be sure to scroll through all the photos.

https://twitter.com/LanceHerman79/status/1005153793321811968

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not sure if anyone seen this tweet but a certain Caps fan in Vegas couldn't contain her "excitement."  (Warning: NSFW!) Be sure to scroll through all the photos.

https://twitter.com/LanceHerman79/status/1005153793321811968

I'm wondering if that is photo shopped.

Watch the various videos of Ovechkin hoisting the cup.  He didn't do that for very long...and there is no woman dressed like that anywhere near the glass in the video...at least not that I can see.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, Commonsense said:

Did you see the picture of Ovi carrying the cup on the ice and the chick with her boobs out pressed against the glass? She is a yes on the do me test.

I think this guy saw it.  So being photoshopped seems unlikely if she is the same woman.  

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I'm wondering if that is photo shopped.

Watch the various videos of Ovechkin hoisting the cup.  He didn't do that for very long...and there is no woman dressed like that anywhere near the glass in the video...at least not that I can see.

I’m looking at the DVR live game and I’ll look for it. 

Convince or not.  Local TV feed had split screen of DC crowd and as the rink image got larger as Ovie started skating with the cup the screen went all distorted and grey for a split sec but I didn’t see any woman in white clearly.  

They didn’t have time to bleep the !@#$s on the audio.   There was something or someone in white but it was not clear enough to see it as it was OOF

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Someone sent me a very clear picture from Instagram or bar stool. Barkovsky is clearing giving her a round of applause too. I don’t think a picture that graphic is welcomed here. Boobs full on pressed against the glass.

That I just saw on video from google.

Barkovsky definitely points at her  

Ovie must have taken a second lap because I didn’t see Barkovsky near Ovie on the recording.   Local tv had taken over the feed.