Zuckerberg's fate

Will Zuckerberg Step Down as CEO of Facebook?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zuckerberg step down as CEO?

• He will step down as CEO
    • He will stay on as CEO

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for him to step down and be replaced by someone who won't use the platform in politically motivated ways.  Fat chance, he's not going anywhere and even if replaced it'll be with someone out of that liberal California/Hollywood mold.  I'm barely on the site though and only care because it influences so many. 

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why would he step down?  Facebook answers to him and no one else.

From how I'm reading the tea leaves, it seems regulation is edging from possible to likely. That might change that calculus. 

But if it doesn't happen - or if this scandal doesn't escalate (which I'm thinking it may) - then he will absolutely survive. Just seemed like an interesting topic considering his upcoming testimony to Congress. 

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From how I'm reading the tea leaves, it seems regulation is edging from possible to likely. That might change that calculus. 

But if it doesn't happen - or if this scandal doesn't escalate (which I'm thinking it may) - then he will absolutely survive. Just seemed like an interesting topic considering his upcoming testimony to Congress. 

:lol: Regulating Facebook.  The government regulating a capability they wish they had.  Like that won't be a complete disaster.  

I've been saying for 20 years, AOL IM marks the start of the downfall of western society.  I had no idea I'd be so literally correct.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

He stays on - who would willingly give up this kind of power?

Wow, I would in a second.  Power’s overrated.  I’ll just take those assbaskets of cash on my way out and live in peace.  The only things I need power over are the alarm clock and tv remote.

I guess that explains why I’ll never be faced with a choice like that.  :D

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I'd love for him to step down and be replaced by someone who won't use the platform in politically motivated ways.  Fat chance, he's not going anywhere and even if replaced it'll be with someone out of that liberal California/Hollywood mold.  I'm barely on the site though and only care because it influences so many. 

You have no effing idea what you are talking about.

Facebook doesn’t use its platform for anything....the reason it is in the news is because a RIGHT WING ORGANIZATION was able to use it as a platform for its own use...FFS

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

:lol: Regulating Facebook.  The government regulating a capability they wish they had.  Like that won't be a complete disaster.  

I've been saying for 20 years, AOL IM marks the start of the downfall of western society.  I had no idea I'd be so literally correct.

More like music videos and the resulting drastic reduction in attention spans and requirement of the constant "next thing" resulting in news cycles and lack of patience.  I've been saying that for 30 years.

10 minutes ago, baskin said:

Facebook doesn’t use its platform for anything....the reason it is in the news is because a RIGHT WING ORGANIZATION was able to use it as a platform for its own use...FFS

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted.  That's really saying something.

14 minutes ago, baskin said:

:o:o:o

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, baskin said:

Not only did you just go full retard, but you bought a T-Shirt, sent a post card, and earned a free night on your trip

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, baskin said:

How do you think Facebook makes money?

Seriously?  You have no idea how they make money do you?

They're a data-mining company.  The product they procure for their clients is information.. They sell the information they mine to individuals and entities who find it useful to their own ends.  Be that other businesses, political campaigns, governments.  Whoever, really.

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

How do you think Facebook makes money?

Seriously?  You have no idea how they make money do you?

They're a data-mining company.  The product they procure for their clients is information.. They sell the information they mine to individuals and entities who find it useful to their own ends.  Be that other businesses, political campaigns, governments.  Whoever, really.

All those little quizzes and such on FB are so innocent!

1 hour ago, baskin said:

You have to be a parody account.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

Wow, I would in a second.  Power’s overrated.  I’ll just take those assbaskets of cash on my way out and live in peace.  The only things I need power over are the alarm clock and tv remote.

I guess that explains why I’ll never be faced with a choice like that.  :D

That's a great point - if you're talking assbaskets of cash, then I'm going to have to agree completely. :lol: