Belichick & Rosen

I've read some reports that the reason for the Brandon Cooks deal is to gain draft capital to move up in the draft.

Just read an article that the Patriots are interested in acquiring the 2nd pick in the draft, giving up both firsts and both seconds.

If they do this and take Josh Rosen I can't wait to see how Rosen and Belichick get along.  Just don't see Rosen as "A Patriots Way" kind of guy.

I see an implosion of epic proportion coming if this occurs.

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

I've read some reports that the reason for the Brandon Cooks deal is to gain draft capital to move up in the draft.

Just read an article that the Patriots are interested in acquiring the 2nd pick in the draft, giving up both firsts and both seconds.

If they do this and take Josh Rosen I can't wait to see how Rosen and Belichick get along.  Just don't see Rosen as "A Patriots Way" kind of guy.

I see an implosion of epic proportion coming if this occurs.

No way!

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Both of NE's 1st's and 2nd's (2,106 pts) aren't enough for the 2nd pick (2,600 pts). 

/thread

I was going to say that the 23rd and 31st overall picks aren't going to move NE anywhere near high enough to nab one of the top QBs.  They would have to really mortgage they future to get that high, and I'm not sure that even then the Giants would be happy moving all the way down to the bottom third of the first round.  I bet the Giants would want 3,000 points or more.

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I was going to say that the 23rd and 31st overall picks aren't going to move NE anywhere near high enough to nab one of the top QBs.  They would have to really mortgage they future to get that high, and I'm not sure that even then the Giants would be happy moving all the way down to the bottom third of the first round.  I bet the Giants would want 3,000 points or more.

Speculation is they don't want to move much lower than 5 and that we'll have to trade up again if we want to get to 2.

So, yeah, under no scenario are they dropping to 23.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is there a team more inside Bills fans heads? 

Is there a team that is a bigger thorn in our side?  A lot of it is the Bills own doing, but still, they won't just go away.

I don't feel as though giving up that much draft capital and moving up that far fits Belichick's way of doing things. He hit gold with Brady in the 6th round and drafted Garoppolo in the 2nd. I think he would find Brady's successor in a similar fashion. Maybe he would be interested in a guy like Rudolph or Lauletta , but I don't see Belichick trading way up. Just my 2 cents.

22 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is there a team that is a bigger thorn in our side?  A lot of it is the Bills own doing, but still, they won't just go away.

I sorta agree with your point.... BUT getting the GOAT at QB with pick #199, a COMPENSATORY pick in the sixth round no less, who ALSO continually takes less money on extremely team friendly deals is really not "the Bills own doing".

He needs to fix his defense as they got lit up by Nick Foles of all people.  Solder walking away also puts a hole at OT.  Cooks was a locker room problem in New Orleans and that may have carried into New England.  I don't see them going for a QB.

9 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I sorta agree with your point.... BUT getting the GOAT at QB with pick #199, a COMPENSATORY pick in the sixth round no less, who ALSO continually takes less money on extremely team friendly deals is really not "the Bills own doing".

Yeah, the Pats* struck lightening in a bottle with Brady; I bet they won't be able to repeat that.  Brady and Kraft have some side deal, which is beside the point.

I was thinking along the lines of poor FO and HC selections.  Horrible drafting and FA pickups for years.  That is how the Bills screwed themselves.

27 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, the Pats* struck lightening in a bottle with Brady; I bet they won't be able to repeat that.  Brady and Kraft have some side deal, which is beside the point.

I was thinking along the lines of poor FO and HC selections.  Horrible drafting and FA pickups for years.  That is how the Bills screwed themselves.

Yeah.... That is why I said sorta :).  Truly though imo our front office (and the rest of the AFC East's)  would have looked much smarter without that 199th pick leading the Pats*.

Edited by aceman_16