Saban's response to Rosen's comments regarding the demands of college football

36 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Greg McElroy was a Rhodes Scholar finalist. He finished an undergrad degree in marketing and was working on his MS while he was still playing football at UA.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/greg_mcelroy_is_a_rhodes_schol.html

I never heard him whining.

Also, you mean this guy:  https://espnmediazone.com/us/bios/greg-mcelroy/

He isn't exactly working to cure cancer....

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

He also has a Master's degree in Sports Administration.

So what?  That's not relevant to anything being discussed.  It's a post graduate degree he did not earn while simultaneously trying to play college football for a major program.

What is Rosen's degree in?

Rosen doesn't have a degree.  He's a third year college student with a major in economics.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

This is a fair debate. And no, I don't mind snark. Not alot of peolple interact with high end physiologists, because few exist. They are out there, absolutely. But not alot of them. 

Yes. This is exactly what I am talking about, actually. 

And you know that lots of Doctors are snarky !@#$s too, right, who think that sports science sucks, and that its not as important of other areas of research. 

And this is actually a problem, by the way, because its hard to find a doctor who has up to date, expertise in sports science. Its way sexier to be studying cancer treatments, and stuff like that.

Sounds like we are actually on the same page for the most part. Cheers friend!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He also has a Master's degree in Sports Administration.

What is Rosen's degree in?

Business, marketing and Sports Administration.....are you claiming these are difficult to obtain.

I had a 2 sports admin classes in college.  I was taught (not lying at all) how to seed teams and create a bracket for rec league tournaments and the other was referring different sports.  

We were given those classes to keep our GPA's up because you basically made automatic A's and it kept you above the 12 hour limit to be eligible to play.  I didn't sign up for these classes, our Athletic Department Admin got us in.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

QUITTER. 

He is Doug Marrone

couldnt hack it in the big leagues so went back to Minors. At least Doug stayed in the Big Leagues. 

Quitter 

now i notice you didnt answer why bring up an August 2017 Article again?

Thank you so much for this. No more truth has been spoken. Want a comparison, look at Pete Carroll (not a fan but...) who hacked it at both levels... Saban is and always will be a choade. Is he the GOAT (NCAAF Coaching), probably? However, is D-Bag Belicheck the GOAT (NFL Coaching), also a probably? Who cares, both are choades and I would not want either.

Edited by FrankoElTanko

59 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Thank you so much for this. No more truth has been spoken. Want a comparison, look at Pete Carroll (not a fan but...) who hacked it at both levels... Saban is and always will be a choade. Is he the GOAT (NCAAF Coaching), probably? However, is D-Bag Belicheck the GOAT (NFL Coaching), also a probably? Who cares, both are choades and I would not want either.

Hate winning? :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

So if it is so easy playing football and having a top end degree someone explain to me why 

Harvard, Yale and the IVY leagues are no longer competitive?

Y Notre Dame has a hard time landing recruits 

i mean all school Degree Programs are the same wouldnt as a too end athlete wouldnt you want to play for one of thise schools make it to league and get a prestigious degree as well?

oooo wait because they are not. No matter what comes out of the quitters mouth 

IVY league schools don't offer athletic scholarships. Stanford isn't technically an Ivy League school, but it's elite. Stanford has good sports teams because they offer athletic scholarships.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

ND fans when Alabama whipped them in the national championship.

2-sad-notre-dame-fans-2012-13-bowl-seaso

100%.

I was there, front row, and it was a terrible experience. 

They look a bit sober though. Edit: And mine's funnier. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

13 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

100%.

I was there, front row, and it was a terrible experience. 

They look a bit sober though. Edit: And mine's funnier. 

Yours was good. :)

Sober ND fans? It must be staged. I usually root for ND...when they aren't playing Alabama.

Should we go for Nelson or McGlinchey in the 1st? We need OL help.

Edited by Sky Diver

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Yours was good. :)

Sober ND fans? It must be staged. I usually root for ND...when they aren't playing Alabama.

Should we go for Nelson or McGlinchey in the 1st? We need OL help.

Doubt Nelson will be available. If there is some way we trade up and get a QB or stay put and one falls to us - a scenario in which we retain #22 - then McGlinchey would seem to provide good value there. Would certainly be a top notch RT and hedge our bets with Dawkins at LT.