So what if the Bills don't trade up or go QB?

kota

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

It is 100% a failure. 

That is what this was about. Get the capital to make any move you want and need to secure a too QB this year. 

That is why you passed on QBs last year. 

So if you do not take your swing it is a failure 

^^^

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The plan was to draft a top QB this year. That plan may not work out. Plan B is a QB later in the round that may need more development. No first round QB as the OP stated ? That is absolutely a failure to address the situation with any kind of plan. I don't think this will happen, but it would clearly be a failure if it did. 

So, you two are obviously either privy to what the Bills' FO office staff were thinking last year, or  you're mind readers who've personally met with McDermott.  So, why are you wasting your time and talent posting on a fan message board rather than trading on connections and/or talent to make some real $$$? 

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No shows Colts would have moved for the right package. Didnt offer it or got shut out by Jets. 

Thats not true at all.  What it showed was they were willing to move to 6 and thats all it shows. Theres a huge difference from 6 to 12

Edited by Skins Malone

7 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Thats not true at all.  What it showed was they were willing to move to 6 and thats all it shows. Theres a huge difference from 6 to 12

No there really isnt. A package can be built to get to any location you want if the team is willing to move. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No there really isnt. A package can be built to get to any location you want if the team is willing to move. 

Lol exactly what ive been saying.  Do you understand that just becuz a team is willing to drop to 6 doesnt mean they want to drop to 12?  How do you not get this?  So your saying becuz a team moves back a few spots they are willing to move anywhere?  Well then forget 12 we can get them to move to the 20s.  Please explain how theres no difference between 6 and 12.  So your saying it is exactly the same scenario if the Bills drafted 6 or 12??? Come on man.

49 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Lol exactly what ive been saying.  Do you understand that just becuz a team is willing to drop to 6 doesnt mean they want to drop to 12?  How do you not get this?  So your saying becuz a team moves back a few spots they are willing to move anywhere?  Well then forget 12 we can get them to move to the 20s.  Please explain how theres no difference between 6 and 12.  So your saying it is exactly the same scenario if the Bills drafted 6 or 12??? Come on man.

Do you understand thag any package will make a team move. It really is that easy. 

You planed for two years to get a top QB THIS Draft. If that doesnt happen it is a FAILURE and they deserve heat

sugar coat it all you want. 

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

If we can't find a way to get a top qb with all our draft capital. Draft bpa  then start Peterman all year to guarantee the top pick in 2018

Sadly that is not a option 2019 draft has zero to offer for QB and we have no guarantees we would get the top pick. Its this year or bust for a QB IMO. They already failed IMO by letting the Jets into the top 5 and IMO will bite them hard for it when fighting to sign the next contract here when this staff proves it also failed at finding a franchise worthy QB in the draft and is stuck with a roster of backup QBs for next season starter.

Edited by xRUSHx

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Do you understand thag any package will make a team move. It really is that easy. 

You planed for two years to get a top QB THIS Draft. If that doesnt happen it is a FAILURE and they deserve heat

sugar coat it all you want. 

Im not sugar coating anything.  It is what it is.  The bills will get a qb in the draft.  You just said in your other post IF a team.is willing to move.  Now your saying that any package will make a team move??  And no sorry its not that simple.  You cant just throw every pick you have away to move up..it has to be done within reason.  There is a fair price to pay for everything.  

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The Bills are most definitely selecting a QB by round 2.  They are trying like hell to find answer at QB.  Don't worry, there will be a 3rd QB in mix with AJ and Peterman

Well said and true

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not sure what the purpose of this post even is Mr. 12 posts

You said we have to move up because we lost our starter of 3 years.

we dont have to move up, anyone we draft at 12 is better than Tyrod

AJ macarren is better than tyrod

if the price is right we should move up, if not, we dont HAVE to

there is a cult like mentality going on around this board of having to trade up

20 minutes ago, DrDare said:

You said we have to move up because we lost our starter of 3 years.

we dont have to move up, anyone we draft at 12 is better than Tyrod

AJ macarren is better than tyrod

if the price is right we should move up, if not, we dont HAVE to

there is a cult like mentality going on around this board of having to trade up

AJ is better than Tyrod? That is pure conjecture, people forget just how bad the QB position can be, you don't trade away a guy that is around the 20th best QB in the league if you don't have another option. 

So what if the Bills don't trade up or go QB?

suicide watch?

6 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Sadly that is not a option 2019 draft has zero to offer for QB and we have no guarantees we would get the top pick. Its this year or bust for a QB IMO. They already failed IMO by letting the Jets into the top 5 and IMO will bite them hard for it when fighting to sign the next contract here when this staff proves it also failed at finding a franchise worthy QB in the draft and is stuck with a roster of backup QBs for next season starter.

do you ever see the bright side of things. you are so negative man, so negative.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

suicide watch?

do you ever see the bright side of things. you are so negative man, so negative.

I want a dam QB and I want a good one for once. I have been waiting since Kelly and if this staff fails to get me one I will for sure be one of those on the suicide watch. Am I negative right now? Yes, yes I am but with the waiting game going on and the Jets sliding in for the kill I can see this staff doing what all the others did and I don't think I can take another let down from OBD when all the cards were in prime location to make it happen right for once. Got my fingers crossed it works out but man as much as the cards are in the right place they are also in the wrong place just missing by this much again. Once the draft is done until then I am going crazy waiting esspecialy since the Jets just jumped us and we still sit at 12 with other teams wanting the same thing, one of the top 2018 QBs.

I'd be okay with it. I think the FO drafts well.. and it feels like we've drafted terribly AND never gotten a QB since we've been in the bills dark ages. I'd at least like one of those things to change. Baby steps boys.

Those Juaron teams were so god awful

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

No way AJMcbackup is the master plan at QB. No way that counts for anything but a dog chasing its tail.

It's all about what QB we draft. That is the plan. We have nothing going on at QB man. They had options in free agency and skipped it. So I have to assume we are going big in the draft. If not then I guess the countdown to the next GM and HC will begin.

Edited by Lfod

On 4/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, John from Riverside said:

I cannot fathom in my mind that QB is not right at the top of the list

- We traded our starter of 3 years

- The vet we have on the roster was in the Tyrod situation where he was backing up a entrenched starter.....the other qb is a 2nd year guy who threw 5 picks in one half

They have to be thinking QB

That is SIX completions in one half !!!

On 4/2/2018 at 7:05 PM, MAJBobby said:

If Beane and McD do NOT get one of the top four QBs. The reality is their two year plan FAILED. 

And should take MAJOR Heat for it. 

Yep,  getting into the play-offs for the first time in forever, means they failed.  Yep. If they win the superbowl, then they failed because they got pick #32 the next year.  Yep.

5 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I want a dam QB and I want a good one for once. I have been waiting since Kelly and if this staff fails to get me one I will for sure be one of those on the suicide watch. Am I negative right now? Yes, yes I am but with the waiting game going on and the Jets sliding in for the kill I can see this staff doing what all the others did and I don't think I can take another let down from OBD when all the cards were in prime location to make it happen right for once. Got my fingers crossed it works out but man as much as the cards are in the right place they are also in the wrong place just missing by this much again. Once the draft is done until then I am going crazy waiting esspecialy since the Jets just jumped us and we still sit at 12 with other teams wanting the same thing, one of the top 2018 QBs.

Yep,  we had two first round picks.  With #12 we took a tight end.  With #14 we took Kelly.  Seems that to repeat this success we should trade down from #12 to #14 and pick up an early 4th round pick.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan