Baker Mayfield

The title of this thread basically summarizes my concerns about Mayfield.  I could give two s***s about his "character issues": people see issues, I see competitive fire.  But yeah, I don't know if he can.  And that, coupled with his height (sorry but a fact), gives me pause.

There were only 3 great offenses that played under center 50/50. Saints, pats, falcons.

The rest of the great offenses in the league are almost 70/30 out of shotgun. It's time for the bills to enter the 21st century already.

Edited by Elite Poster

12 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Because that will finally give me a solid point to support my long standing hunch that the NFL is too inbred. Too many football people and not enough variety in things people bring to the organization. 

You are right about this point.

Belichick has made a career of taking advantage of all of the billion dollar organizations who let their success be decided by what are often just glorified PE teachers.

You need balance.

And btw my impression of Mayfield is his forehead was more of a two-head so maybe he's really the equivalent of a 6'2" guy.:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

There were only 3 great offenses that played under center 50/50. Saints, pats, falcons.

The rest of the great offenses in the league are almost 70/30 out of shotgun. It's time for the bills to enter the 21st century already.

Honest question: do you think it's a fad?  the tilted shotgun ratio, i mean?  it's something i think about...

13 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

The title of this thread basically summarizes my concerns about Mayfield.  I could give two s***s about his "character issues": people see issues, I see competitive fire.  But yeah, I don't know if he can.  And that, coupled with his height (sorry but a fact), gives me pause.

These are reasons why I believe Mayfield may be one of the "Big 4" that's gonna drop.  Honestly I believe Darnold/Allen or Allen/Darnold are gonna be the first two QB's taken.

Rosen has a series of red flags such as concussion history, political viewpoints and leadership issues and propensity to take a lot of hits in the pocket.  I see him dropping and the issues with Mayfield playing in a systems friendly offense and no experience under center may see him drop.

In all honesty I see only 2 QB's taken in picks 1-10

unless some team (Arizona is highly probable) comes up.

The Dolphins have issues all over the field, limited salary cap space and too much money tied to Tannehill after his contract restructure to pick a QB at 11.

So, Rosen and Mayfield could drop to 12, If this occurs the Bills have options and in theory if they like both equally they could switch picks with Arizona and grab an additional 3rd round pick to get the other QB.

Very interesting scenario.

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

These are reasons why I believe Mayfield may be one of the "Big 4" that's gonna drop.  Honestly I believe Darnold/Allen or Allen/Darnold are gonna be the first two QB's taken.

Rosen has a series of red flags such as concussion history, political viewpoints and leadership issues and propensity to take a lot of hits in the pocket.  I see him dropping and the issues with Mayfield playing in a systems friendly offense and no experience under center may see him drop.

In all honesty I see only 2 QB's taken in picks 1-10

unless some team (Arizona is highly probable) comes up.

The Dolphins have issues all over the field, limited salary cap space and too much money tied to Tannehill after his contract restructure to pick a QB at 11.

So, Rosen and Mayfield could drop to 12, If this occurs the Bills have options and in theory if they like both equally they could switch picks with Arizona and grab an additional 3rd round pick to get the other QB.

Very interesting scenario.

I follow your reasoning, but I don't think Rosen will drop that far.  I feel like fans pump up Mayfield (who again, I have nothing against).  I just don't think the NFL GM's value Mayfield as high as his fanboys.  But back to the point, I will eat my hat if Rosen falls out of the top 10.  And I love my hat, it's a Bills hat and I've had it for years! :D