Dear Allen Supporters...

Scorp83

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

I'm trying to like the guy, but it is tough.  No accuracy, which is what we desperately need/deserve.  So, I watch some interviews and he isn't even likeable there.  

I get a Philip Rivers vibe, which turns a lot of folks off, but I don't mind it.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Some folks are under the impression you only looked at one game.  I've yet to see a really compelling counter-argument to your points.

Agreed. I'd really like to see some of the detractors put up a compelling analysis; I'm hardly closed-minded on the subject 

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed. I'd really like to see some of the detractors put up a compelling analysis; I'm hardly closed-minded on the subject 

Bandit, you're one of the handful of posters whose opinion on college players I listen to. However, whether it's the contextualized qb data or any other data set with analysis of accuracy and ability to progress through reads, Allen shows poorly. Maybe his tools translate well to the pro game. But the one actual complete game I saw of him this year where he played against a poor Oregon defense, he was pretty bad. Maybe when surrounded by other nfl players, he'll find his way, but damn, that seems a long way off for someone with his faults. Sitting behind someone like Eli or Ben for a couple years is his best bet. I don't want him to have to learn behind our kiddie corps of QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Bandit, you're one of the handful of posters whose opinion on college players I listen to. However, whether it's the contextualized qb data or any other data set with analysis of accuracy and ability to progress through reads, Allen shows poorly. Maybe his tools translate well to the pro game. But the one actual complete game I saw of him this year where he played against a poor Oregon defense, he was pretty bad. Maybe when surrounded by other nfl players, he'll find his way, but damn, that seems a long way off for someone with his faults. Sitting behind someone like Eli or Ben for a couple years is his best bet. I don't want him to have to learn behind our kiddie corps of QBs.

Agreed that he'll need time, and that I'd be worried about him trying to play with our current crop of WRs

For me, the best situation would be Denver--they have Keenum and two solid WRs, plus he'd be close to home 

On 3/30/2018 at 1:03 AM, Scorp83 said:

Allow my guy Chris Brown to provide some facts on Allen. If he was at 12... the Bills will draft Calvin Ridley before they take Allen! It's just common sense. Some of you have to pay attention the way this front office works. If there is one person the Bills are not interested in... That's Josh Allen. & that's not opinion...its a fact!

03-26 John Murphy Show HR 2 - Chris Brown destroys Allen

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122301576.mp3

So let me get this straight Chris Brown knows how bad he thinks Allen might be and destroys him. But most draft Experts have him going number 1 over all to cleveland. So he is not good enough to go in the middle of the first round or even 2nd or 3rd round. So who am I to believe The Draft experts or Chris Brown who knows nothing about drafting QB’s. I’m going to be laughing my ass off in a couple years from now when Allen becomes the best QB in the draft class 

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Agreed that he'll need time, and that I'd be worried about him trying to play with our current crop of WRs

For me, the best situation would be Denver--they have Keenum and two solid WRs, plus he'd be close to home 

Maybe Paxton Lynch can give him some tips on what not to do? One of the reasons why I don't think that the Broncos are going to draft a qb with their high first round pick is that Lynch has shown a commitment to his profession this offseason that he hasn't shown before. Elway may try to salvage what up to now has been a mistake. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Maybe Paxton Lynch can give him some tips on what not to do? One of the reasons why I don't think that the Broncos are going to draft a qb with their high first round pick is that Lynch has shown a commitment to his profession this offseason that he hasn't shown before. Elway may try to salvage what up to now has been a mistake. 

I hope that's the case, as it leaves more volume for us...I have never been a Lynch guy; just didn't seem to make NFL throws often at Memphis. Gotta give the kid credit for his approach this offseason though 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I hope that's the case, as it leaves more volume for us...I have never been a Lynch guy; just didn't seem to make NFL throws often at Memphis. Gotta give the kid credit for his approach this offseason though 

My impression of Elway is that he isn't viewing the upcoming season with a long term perspective. I think he believes that his window to win is now and is starting to close. If he did select a qb I think he would prefer either Rosen or Mayfield who are more ready to play sooner. In this draft if Elway bypassed a qb he could either select an elite positional player or trade down and get more picks to address other needs. 

On 3/30/2018 at 2:09 PM, NewDayBills said:

Allen is going to be a great QB, I think Rudolph will be an above average starter too. Both players get criticized wrongfully IMO. People will defend players like Lamar Jackson with his whopping 13 points, to bad there isn't an affirmative action for wonderlic tests. Meanwhile Allen and Rudolph triple Jackson's score yet people still defend the guy when intellectually he can't compete with 99% of the QBs in this class but yeah, keep criticizing Allen and Rudolph.

I'll take irony for 500, Alex

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/30/2018 at 7:35 AM, thenorthremembers said:

I am more convinced now, than ever, that Allen is going #1.   I dont think he should, but I am not paid to do that job.

Allen to Cleveland #1

Darnold to Jets #3

Rosen to Broncos #5

so giants are not trading out of the pick at 2 ?   And they are not drafting a QB ?

Fair statement, not sure about the Allen Darnold order. But i still feel nothing is in stone yet

9 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

The people that need to watch him more are folks that claim "bad accuracy", which is de facto repetition of talking heads with zero research behind it.

Whether someone agrees with me or not, I've done more than my fair share of homework on these guys, and I've put my game breakdowns on this forum to back it up.

What would be really great is if someone that claims that Allen is dead money did their own breakdown instead of merely repeating what someone else says about the kid 

No offense here: It's ironic that someone would knock an Allen supporter for doing exactly what the Allen detractors do.

As I continue to say: he's my QB4 behind Rosen/Mayfiled/Darnold, and I have no trouble with him being drafted in the top 5 as a potential franchise QB 

My opinions is not that of someone else's, there mine. The links I provided are proof that it's not just me saying these things about Allen. I've been banging the table & repeating myself in threads for weeks... now I've found more people... creditable people, people that most of us listen too, to support what I've been saying all along. There's need for me to further breakdown Allen's game, when there's a TON of information out there to support it. To deny it... & say:

"What would be really great is if someone that claims that Allen is dead money did their own breakdown instead of merely repeating what someone else says about the kid"

Is pointless for anyone to do. Because basically everyone is saying the same thing. My video breakdown will look & say almost the exact same thing about Josh Allen. What else to do want a breakdown of???

5 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

So let me get this straight Chris Brown knows how bad he thinks Allen might be and destroys him. But most draft Experts have him going number 1 over all to cleveland. So he is not good enough to go in the middle of the first round or even 2nd or 3rd round. So who am I to believe The Draft experts or Chris Brown who knows nothing about drafting QB’s. I’m going to be laughing my ass off in a couple years from now when Allen becomes the best QB in the draft class 

everyone that really follows the NFL knows most of the experts are a Joke! It's the beat writers that doesn't get paid by the league to leak information. I have a new link coming up soon... great interview with Kyle Crabbs... who breakdown what you just said. Plus everyone knows... Chris Brown knows his stuff! He doesn't give you fluff... like most experts... that's probably because he's an insider beat reporter... 

Edited by Scorp83
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Sounds like you have hate in your blood!

I'm here because I love the Bills... I'm here to enlighten my fellow fans especially if they're not seeing things clearly. I don't want our beloved Bills to get laughed at for trading up assets for a project like Allen who's very limited in his game. I want us to get a legit QB...not a guy who can't throw to Rb's in the flats. I want a real QB not J.P. Losman... sorry if you were very young or wasn't around during that era... but it was the worst. 

There is nothing...& I mean nothing special about Allen other then his big arm. You know who else had a big arm? Kyle Boller, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Tebow...sorry bro...i need to Bills to succeed...not look like a dumpster fire

Your the kinda person I post these links for. Please don't go by the posts... unless someone provides a link. Like my Chris Brown Link in my OP.

Here's a few more: 

03-20 Mark Schofield of Inside the Pylon with Howard and Jeremy - http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/howard-and-jeremy

Watch "Film Room: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming Scouting Report (NFL Draft 2018 Ep. 6)" on YouTube

Watch "Film Room: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville Scouting Report (NFL Draft 2018 Ep. 5)" on YouTube

Watch "Film Room: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma Scouting Report (NFL Draft 2018 Ep. 3)" on YouTube

Granted I can sit here & give you a full breakdown... but doing so will have people misinterpret as if it's my opinion. So to give you a fast track so you don't have to sit around & watch film all weekend. Click my links... & enjoy. Trust... these dudes are legit... the breakdowns are facts! Not opinion... I approve. Scorp won't let you down!

I’d take a guess that I’m older than you are but I really don’t care about that. But you can stop talking to people like they are children. 

You act like your opinion is the only one that matters. Honestly, you sound like a snowflake liberal democrat (you stereotyped me, so I’ll do the same). 

You act like Allen is not a first round draft pick. He WILL be a first round draft pick and an early one at that. Multiple teams in the NFL will see him as that. Apparently I’m as ridiculous as NFL Gms. 

Stop thinking you and your opinions are better than anyone else’s. 

On 3/30/2018 at 6:42 PM, BigDingus said:

I'd take ANYONE over Allen, and I think the Bills brass has the same mindset (thank God).

Might as well say "I hate my job & don't want a career anymore" if you draft him.

This.    Stay far far away from Allen and Jackson.        Screw those projects 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I’d take a guess that I’m older than you are but I really don’t care about that. But you can stop talking to people like they are children. 

You act like your opinion is the only one that matters. Honestly, you sound like a snowflake liberal democrat (you stereotyped me, so I’ll do the same). 

You act like Allen is not a first round draft pick. He WILL be a first round draft pick and an early one at that. Multiple teams in the NFL will see him as that. Apparently I’m as ridiculous as NFL Gms. 

Stop thinking you and your opinions are better than anyone else’s. 

Far from a snowflake... & I back my opinions up with facts! The facts of the matter is Allen will be a 1st rd pick...i never denied that. But whoever takes him will most likely lose there job. & if this fanbase wants the Bills to succeed... you & everyone else better pray... Beane doesn't select Allen. 

7 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Far from a snowflake... & I back my opinions up with facts! The facts of the matter is Allen will be a 1st rd pick...i never denied that. But whoever takes him will most likely lose there job. & if this fanbase wants the Bills to succeed... you & everyone else better pray... Beane doesn't select Allen. 

We better pray that Bean does Draft Allen,  he will rue and day that he passed on the Goat of this QB draft class. The next great one is there for the taking. Time will tell if I’m right or wrong. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

We better pray that Bean does Draft Allen,  he will rue and day that he passed on the Goat of this QB draft class. The next great one is there for the taking. Time will tell if I’m right or wrong. 

:doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

You back your opinion up with more opinion

• Haha (+1) 1