Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If we assumed that this report is correct, I would imagine that Denver trades up from their 2nd round pick to take him rather than trading down from 5 to take him. They could theoretically take Nelson or Barkley at 5 and then get Rudolph at the back end of the 1st round.

Sal is usually pretty conservative if and when he does throw stuff out there like this but also with Jeremy White mentioning something the day before makes me think there's smoke where there's fire.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

Just now, DCOrange said:

If we assumed that this report is correct, I would imagine that Denver trades up from their 2nd round pick to take him rather than trading down from 5 to take him. They could theoretically take Nelson or Barkley at 5 and then get Rudolph at the back end of the 1st round.

Broncos get 12 and 22, we get 5 and a 2019 2nd. Makes sense for both sides.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

If Rosen fell past Denver I can't see why we can't out trade the Cardinals to get him, as we have more picks to play with. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PIZ said:

He is accurate and can find an open receiver.  If we had a QB that could have done that last year, we would have beat Jacksonville.

Every Oklahoma St QB from the past 10 years has been able to find the open receiver in college. 

Success for those players hasn't been very good in the NFL. 

Edited by jrober38

10 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think either of those things are particularly true. His accuracy is pretty spotty and he's generally slow in diagnosing coverage.

I think more then one team is thinking Rudolph at the end of round one and could create a battle of the trades for him.

Arizona

Pitt- Ben done within 2 years

NE-Brady done within 2 years

Miami-Tannahill

NO-Brees done within 3 years

Denver 

Bills

LAChargers

Jax

With 2019 QB draft class little to pick from and 2020 a bigger question mark IMO teams will use this draft

Edited by xRUSHx

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe they want to trade back to #22?

12 & 22 for 5, they can get a good player at 12 and Rudolph at 22.

19 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hey there was a thread about Rudolph going before Rosen, could end up being

Cleveland-Allen

Giants Darnold

Jests-Mayfield

Denver-Rudolph

Arizona(trade up)-Jackson

Miami-Rosen

Buffalo on the outside looking in again with nothing.

That ain’t happening. The Bills aren’t going to sit on their hands if these guys are sliding at all. They are going to jump up and get their guy even if it is viewed as an overpay.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

12 & 22 for 5, they can get a good player at 12 and Rudolph at 22.

Yep. Conor Williams, Mike McGlinchey, maybe even Isaiah Wynn would all be possibilities in play at #12 in that scenario.  I still think O-Line is where the Broncos would go if they are not going QB.  

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I think more then one team is thinking Rudolph at the end of round one and could create a battle of the trades for him.

Arizona

Pitt- Ben done within 2 years

NE-Brady done within 2 years

Miami-Tannahill

NO-Brees done within 3 years

Denver 

Bills

LAChargers

Jax

Pitt love him.  They have been all over him.  His pro-day was a veritable feast of yellow and black jackets, caps and assorted other Steelers staffers.  He is absolutely in play for them at #28.  

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If Rosen fell past Denver I can't see why we can't out trade the Cardinals to get him, as we have more picks to play with. 

You would think so but OBD pushes for max trade value all the time so if they think let's wait then IMO Arizona could jump just like the Jests did, just saying who thought the Jests would get that move up.

I definitely want Baker Mayfield, but Mason Rudolph, to me, would be a nice consolation prize.

Baker Mayfield:

2017…..70.5%cmp%.......43td….6int….198.9rat

2016…..71.0cmp%.......40td….8int…..196.4rat

2015…..68.1cmp%.......36td….7int…..173.3rat

Mason Rudolph:

2017…..65.0%cmp%.......37td….9int….170.6rat

2016…..63.4cmp%.......28td….4int…..158.9rat

2015…..62.3cmp%.......21td….9int…..149.1rat

Josh Rosen:

2017…..62.6cmp%.......26td….10int….147.0rat

2016…..59.3cmp%.......10td….5int…..138.9rat

2015…..60.0cmp%.......23td….11int…..134.3rat

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That ain’t happening. The Bills aren’t going to sit on their hands if these guys are sliding at all. They are going to jump up and get their guy even if it is viewed as an overpay.

I hope so man but the history of OBD says different. Very possible the baby is already delivered to a different team by the time OBD wakes up from the nap.

Edited by xRUSHx

What's not to like about Rudolph? He's a very good prospect. Great kid, ideal size, accurate passer, winner, 4-year starter, can throw the deep ball, and moves very well in the pocket. If  Rudolph didn't get hurt & played in  the  Senior Bowl, he'd be  a top 15 draft pick. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

What does the “history of OBD” have to do with this regime’s 2018 draft plans? 

OBD has done the same old thing with every staff. All it takes is the cronies at OBD to push our new staff to wait for max value just like it has with all the other staffs here. Just saying history says a good chance they miss out again pulling the trigger too late IMO.

I hope this staff is different but let's not forget they ran with Tyrod year one so anything is possible.

5 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I've been saying it for months, put Rudolph in the right system, and he will be a very good to great QB. Honestly, Steelers and Patriots make the most sense, that's where I think he would do best. 

Steelers are in win now mode trying to win a Super Bowl. They're not picking a first round pick to sit on the bench. 

Patriots value QBs with elite short accuracy (Rudolph throws the ball down the field). 

Neither is a real fit. 

Edited by jrober38

Just now, xRUSHx said:

OBD has done the same old thing with every staff. All it takes is the cronies at OBD to push our new staff to wait for max value just like it has with all the other staffs here. Just saying history says a good chance they miss out again pulling the trigger too late IMO.

I hope this staff is different but let's not forget they ran with Tyrod year one so anything is possible.

They ran with Tyrod because he was their best option. This year they have other options and ammo. Decisions aren’t made based on a franchise’s history!! Each decision is made based on the here and now. Each season and situation is different. The “same ole Bills” narrative is tired and inaccurate. They will ALWAYS make the decisions that are in the best interest of the franchise. 2018 happens to be the year that they planned to chase a QB. That hasn’t changed. 

• Like (+1) 4