GMFB Debate: What Should the Bills Do in the NFL Draft?

Interesting, the last commentator seemed to suggest that the  bills may not take a quarterback at all in the first round! This just doesn’t seem right given all the lead up to this point. However, it’s not implausible.  Myself-Full disclosure here-I don’t have a clue as to what they are going to do. I lean towards standing pat and taking the best quarterback they can at number 12. But, if they trade up to get a quarterback, I’m behind it! 

• Like (+1) 2

I agree MoJo. I like trading up for Rosen, but the rest I'm more lukewarm over. Would Lamar be bad at 12? This seems like our floor by waiting and not giving up draft capital. I lean toward wait an see, but hard to argue against trading up for their guy.They just need to get this right as we won't get another chance for quite a while.

A few observations:

1. Why does it seem so many former players/now-commentators push for Lamar Jackson? And "tall"?

2. It is hard to fathom that the Bills won't pick a QB in the first-round because the media has hyped it up so much.

3. There are going to be potential all-pros available at #12, especially if the first four picks of the draft at the same position.

1 hour ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I agree MoJo. I like trading up for Rosen, but the rest I'm more lukewarm over. Would Lamar be bad at 12? This seems like our floor by waiting and not giving up draft capital. I lean toward wait an see, but hard to argue against trading up for their guy.They just need to get this right as we won't get another chance for quite a while.

I'm good either way.  They can stay put or trade up; the question is is Beane's guy a QB they need to trade up for?  It's possible the usual suspects aren't his guys.  I believe Darnold would be, but what if he digs Darnold and then Rudolph or Jackson after that?   

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just trade up to #2and get it over...ugh

I am confident I can't suggest what the Bills do because I don't know how they have the QBs graded out.  That dictates everything.  We have the ammo to get almost anyone.  But, depends on your grading of them vs each other and more importantly probably a 20 year sample size or more.

Come on McBean, let's get this one right!  This is why you lift all those weights!  You spent your life getting to this spot and here you go with all the ammo and 6 QBs (more than usual) available.......you got this guys!!

There are SOOO many moving parts and I feel our team is prepared for almost (if not) all of them.

Go Bills!!

I know one thing Mcbean will not draft Rosen. The guy just does not fit with the process and what we’re trying to do here. You can’t have QB’s questioning the QB coach or Offensive coordinator. 

Rosen just needs to go to a big city team that’s more his style. So i don’t think under any circumstance he will end up a Buffalo Bill. I’m ion Record that the Bills would draft Josh Allen if they had the number 1 pick in the NFL draft. 

7 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Because everybody needed to go party in Jacksonville you may not have a choice.

We would only be in slightly better position if we didn't make the playoffs, this is dumb, real issue was not trading with Houston the much better choice for a lower draft pick.

We aren't taking a QB in the first round.    Knowing what we now know about McCarron here are the QB rankings on potential as an NFL QB. 

1.  Darnold

2.  Rosen 

3.  McCarron

4.  Allen

5.  Jackson

6.  Falk

7.  Rudolph

Beanes QB wants: Height, drop back passer, winners, competitors, arm strength. 

McCarron: Check, Check, Check, Check and pretty much Check. 

There is no greater impact player that doesn't involve them trading away their draft than Hurst out of Michagan for Buffalo.  With his heart checking out he changes the whole dynamic of the DL and he also checks the boxes McBeane look for in a player.  

They Take a MLB with the 22nd, a reciever and TE in 2nd, CB and OT in 3rd, OG in 4th you have a solid roster top to bottom.  I think Beane knows there are far to many holes to fill on this team to give away his top picks to try n get a QB that have as many ? marks as the guy they already have.  Call me crazy but I think they got the guy they wanted all along, as I was the first to predict he would be our starting QB in a thread I started in season. Again he is exactly what Beane looks for in a QB.