Making the case for Lamar Jackson

502Buffs

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have absolutely no problem for people not wanting Jackson

As long as it isnt paroting the same tired false information or complaining that his mother is his agent.

TT was great off the football field and incred hard worker.....in the end that doesnt matter it matters what happens on the field....and frankly Jackson has been a beast.

He's been a beast alright...against Charlotte, Kent State, Murray State, Boston College, Wake Forest.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

He's been a beast alright...against Charlotte, Kent State, Murray State, Boston College, Wake Forest.....

Why do you always forget Clemson, Florida St., NCST, UNC? You're Trumpian!! With the retirement of Richie, you might need those scrawny legs to avoid the pass rush!!

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Why do you always forget Clemson, Florida St., NCST, UNC? You're Trumpian!! With the retirement of Richie, you might need those scrawny legs to avoid the pass rush!!

Officiant: John from Riverside, skycap, please join hands and turn and face your family and friends.  What love for Lamar Jackson has joined together, let not man put asunder.  <the officiant points to Lamar Jackson who stands off to the side with a microphone as the music begins to play and we hear his beautiful voice sing the words:>

15 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Lamar’s a bust. Case closed. When he speaks, it sounds like English is his second language. 

Also 13 wonderlic score. Pass

Here, take the test:

https://footballiqscore.com/

Tell us how you do and what relevance analogies and algebra have to playing QB in the NFL. 

Mahalo!  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Making the case for Lamar Jackson: Bills need a QB who can effectively run for his life for 2018 season. 

I'd laugh, but it appears to be reaching that point.

Rosen almost doesn't even look like an option to me anymore, unless McDermott says from the start he's going to sit and learn for a year rather than his consistent "competition at every position" narrative.

I still want Baker Mayfield the most and Darnold the 2nd most.  Considering my previous anxiety over Rosen in general combined with both Wood and Incognito retiring and the likelihood that we'll have to trade up to #2 to get Rosen, thus giving up draft picks we could have used to otherwise bolster the OL that would protect the statuesque UCLA product, I think I'd be happier drafting Jackson at #12 than trading into the top 5 for Rosen rather than Mayfield or Darnold.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Officiant: John from Riverside, skycap, please join hands and turn and face your family and friends.  What love for Lamar Jackson has joined together, let not man put asunder.  <the officiant points to Lamar Jackson who stands off to the side with a microphone as the music begins to play and we hear his beautiful voice sing the words:>

How old are you?

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here, take the test:

https://footballiqscore.com/

Tell us how you do and what relevance analogies and algebra have to playing QB in the NFL. 

Mahalo!  :thumbsup:

I'd laugh, but it appears to be reaching that point.

Rosen almost doesn't even look like an option to me anymore, unless McDermott says from the start he's going to sit and learn for a year rather than his consistent "competition at every position" narrative.

I still want Baker Mayfield the most and Darnold the 2nd most.  Considering my previous anxiety over Rosen in general combined with both Wood and Incognito retiring and the likelihood that we'll have to trade up to #2 to get Rosen, thus giving up draft picks we could have used to otherwise bolster the OL that would protect the statuesque UCLA product, I think I'd be happier drafting Jackson at #12 than trading into the top 5 for Rosen rather than Mayfield or Darnold.

How old are you?

Old enough to know that running QBs rarely succeed in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Maybe so. But at this point we have an offensive line featuring one player who might start on a normal team's line, and no receivers.

Our choice might be between a running QB, and a dead one. 

5 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Maybe so. But at this point we have an offensive line featuring one player who might start on a normal team's line, and no receivers.

Our choice might be between a running QB, and a dead one. 

It's a sad situation but this laughing-hysterically-gif-8.gif

Is your fault LOL.  I couldn't help but laugh at "dead one" knowing that it's more than likely true :(

Edited by NewEraBills

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good thing he also throws a lot of TDs, actually stays in the pocket TOO long at times, and actually runs most of his stuff on designed runs not run for his life scrambles.

But other then that?   Carry on we can always use more music.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Hey Dick, do yourself a favor and listen to Schopp interview with Benjamin Solak. It may change your thoughts about Jackson, but I doubt it. Video evidence doesn't persuade you, but maybe audio will seeing that you like to LISTEN to music. By the way, Dick is short for detective.

image.jpeg.fdcd9e0c9f943d787c48cdf0329e1a55.jpeg

Lamar Jackson will be our new QB.

- No trading needed to get him.

- O-line is depleted. Our QB has to be able to run given the current situation.

- Our team now has as much holes to fill as the Colts. We have to keep our picks. I don't want us fielding an XFL level team.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

13 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Lamar Jackson will be our new QB.

- No trading needed to get him.

- O-line is depleted. Our QB has to be able to run given the current situation.

- Our team now has as much holes to fill as the Colts. We have to keep our picks. I don't want us fielding an XFL level team.

If Beane and his crew are worth their salt they will fill be watching the cutout bins and PS's and will pick up some gems there.

I'm not against Lamar Jackson, although like Allen, I think a team where he could sit 1-2 years would be his best bet for long-term success. 

But I don't think we will draft based on our current OL.  If that were the concern, we really shouldn't have traded Taylor.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If Beane and his crew are worth their salt they will fill be watching the cutout bins and PS's and will pick up some gems there.

I'm not against Lamar Jackson, although like Allen, I think a team where he could sit 1-2 years would be his best bet for long-term success. 

But I don't think we will draft based on our current OL.  If that were the concern, we really shouldn't have traded Taylor.

Hapless, I'm not feeling Allen at all. He's, to me, the Caucasian EJ Manuel!! A studio QB!! Looks the part, but not very good player. His comp pct was horrible at JUCO school and Wyoming. And like the multitude of posters said about EJ, you can't teach accuracy!!

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I could see Belichick trading up to draft Jackson. He's smart enough to know the league and game are changing drastically. He saw Watson's immediate impact with the Texans. Belichick is a visionary and he would probably love to go the complete opposite of Brady and see if he can win with a running QB with crazy athletic ability. If he did pick Jackson the media (who've done nothing but criticize Jackson) would fall in love with the move.

• Haha (+1) 1