Denzel Ward at 12

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Fine so Fine equals .500. Dont get my wrong they finally put TT stats on the correct contract with McCarron 

Ok, lets say we go with McCarron and end up around .500. Where do we end up if we take a rookie who doesn't make it?

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Ok, lets say we go with McCarron and end up around .500. Where do we end up if we take a rookie who doesn't make it?

Maybe with the First pick in the draft getting the top QB prospect next year. Or a top end talent to help the rookie that flashed enough ala Wentz and Goff. 

Instead of another middling decade plus between 6-10 and 9-7

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Maybe with the First pick in the draft getting the top QB prospect next year. Or a top end talent to help the rookie that flashed enough ala Wentz and Goff. 

Instead of another middling decade plus between 6-10 and 9-7

I take Darnold or Rosen in the first round if they fall to us. I don't want another Emmanuel

32 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Like how the Saints got Brees? How do you know the Bills won't go after Ryan next year?

Did Brees have significant shoulder INJ?  Did SD draft to replace his AVG play in SD?

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm the guy who said to give the Giants the #12 and Tradavious White for the #2

Yep I would give the pick that was used for a White to get a legit QB. 

See you can throw all the names at me in the world. We have had too players accross the field except QB. Maybe we should try that

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did Brees have significant shoulder INJ?  Did SD draft to replace his AVG play in SD?

Yep I would give the pick that was used for a White to get a legit QB. 

See you can throw all the names at me in the world. We have had too players accross the field except QB. Maybe we should try that

It's rolling the dice big time, but what big move isn't

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

There is absolutely no way to tell if this guy, or any guy, is going to be a hall of famer

True.  But you can't just throw darts at the wall nor can you draft only according to need.

You scout these kids as best as you can, determine your grades, and make your board.  

And then most teams blend BPA and need.  If you lean toward need too heavily, you end up drafting losers.  

If the grading process says Ward is a stud but the QBs available to us are duds, you go with Ward.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is a deep draft at DB i dont think we will waste it on the 12th pick.  WE have more needs at LB, DE, DT.  Thats not to mention QB!  i would still take the 4th QB there.

Edited by bkep32

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

True.  But you can't just throw darts at the wall nor can you draft only according to need.

You scout these kids as best as you can, determine your grades, and make your board.  

And then most teams blend BPA and need.  If you lean toward need too heavily, you end up drafting losers.  

If the grading process says Ward is a stud but the QBs available to us are duds, you go with Ward.  

If there isn’t a QB worthy of the 12th pick, there will be other “studs” to choose from. People need to be careful falling in love with these kids coming out of college. It’s real easy to get your heart broken once they get into the league. How many times have you heard “can’t miss pick” and have the player flame out. Aaron Curry was supposed to be a future hall of famer...

9 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

CB is the one position we usually do a good job of evaluating.  All of our first round corners ended up being pretty good.

I’m a huge proponent of drafting corners (and pass rushers) early and often. A lot easier once the QB is in place for fans to see the importance.

Edited by YoloinOhio

QB? We don't need to draft a QB.

We have a guy that has completed 65% of his passes at Cincinnati. That followed a college career of completing 66% of his passes. Nobody in the history of the NFL has been unsuccessful at the position if they have been able to complete passes.

Put some players around him, let him go. Get Ridley at WR, get an offensive lineman. Screw Ward. Fill up that offensive roster with high quality players to play with the best darned QB Mobile Alabama ever sent to school.

Oh wait. You said Cornerback. Well, we don't need that either.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

QB? We don't need to draft a QB.

We have a guy that has completed 65% of his passes at Cincinnati. That followed a college career of completing 66% of his passes. Nobody in the history of the NFL has been unsuccessful at the position if they have been able to complete passes.

Put some players around him, let him go. Get Ridley at WR, get an offensive lineman. Screw Ward. Fill up that offensive roster with high quality players to play with the best darned QB Mobile Alabama ever sent to school.

Yikes. He might be ok with that but beware the Gareon Conley episode from last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

The reason I started this thread is due to the fact that I don't think we will be able to draft a franchise QB.  QBs will likely go 1-3 and I don't think the other options will better than Tyrod.  If the Bills don't like the 4th or 5th best option our pick at 12 could be interesting.  It is my belief that Ward is the best option of those who might be available.  If you guys don't like Ward what non QB are you hoping for?

If Buffalo does not trade out of #12, and if they draft a position other than QB at #12, I think linebacker is the most likely pick.  It could be Roquon Smith or Tremaine Edmunds.  After that, I think defensive tackle or wide receiver is next most likely.  The tackle could be Vita Vea and the WR could be Calvin Ridley.  Cornerback is not an impossible direction, but IMO it's down the list a bit.  But then, that's just me.