Our entire draft depends on the Giants pick

Yeezus

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

3 QBs are not going in the top 3 picks...this is all hype before the draft and when teams actually get down to business miraculously these QBs will start to fall because you dont pass up potential all-pro's at other positions for crap shoot QBs...

Mark my words...the talking heads like these QBs fsr more than the teams actually do

Darnold and Rosen aren’t crap shoot QBs 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

If you are going to stay in the number 2 spot and take who you want.......................you don't need a "smokescreen "

I guess they wouldn't want to show their hands as that could allow a team to trade up to #1 to get the guy they want (and the Giants want).

7 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I don't have the time or the interest in going through the fallacies in this other than to say, you are right on Roquan.  He will be a great LB for someone in picks 8-11.

Can you at least explain how our second pick is a nice sedan if we trade but it would have been a Yugo if we hadn't?

I understand the denial of the probability that the Giants are taking a QB or at least don't want to move to 12.  That is one of the seven stages.

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Remove the shoot and you have a nice description of Dave Krieg I mean Jay Clocker I mean Darnold.

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

There's a difference between being concerned and not being sure the available guys warrant trading a lot of picks to move up to get them

In addition, might not the other teams currently holding the picks be "concerned" about the position and simply unwilling to trade?  I mean if 37 picks aren't useful to us in lieu of Risen or whoever, why would they be useful to the Giants?  

Trades or no trades, those QBs are likely going at the top with the possible exception of Allen, who can barely play the position.  If it truly is QB first and everything else is tied for ninth, why would the Giants trade at any price?

12 hours ago, Yeezus said:

Really does. If Giants go QB, all 3 top guys will be possibly gone by #4. At that point I don't think it is worth trading up unless Jets take Allen and Mayfield/Rosen is there. Our only trade partner realistically left is the Browns at 4. Giants are more than likely not trading that pick away. I really think they go QB and get Eli's successor b/c when else are they going to be in that position. 

I think we strike a deal with the Browns, but on draft day. I think Beane has to wait and see what happens with picks 1-3. It is far too risky to trade up to 4 now and end up losing our guy in the top 3. 

If QBs go 123 Browns will take Barkley or Chubb at 4. If we want to get back in for Allen it will be 7-10.

10 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Both are flawed. Mayfield is the only clean QB, but he's short. If Mayfield was 6'3 he's go number 1 and analyst would claim he's the best prospect since Luck.

I really wish we lived in an alternate universe where the guys who argue for Mason Rudolph gets a Mason Rudolph led team. The guys who argue for Josh Allen get a Josh Allen led team and the guys who argue for Josh Rosen get a Josh Rosen led team and everyone can see the differences between the three

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I really wish we lived in an alternate universe where the guys who argue for Mason Rudolph gets a Mason Rudolph led team. The guys who argue for Josh Allen get a Josh Allen led team and the guys who argue for Josh Rosen get a Josh Rosen led team and everyone can see the differences between the three

Or one where the Bills are a Super Bowl winning dynasty.