ESPN's NFL Insiders: Bills Have the Most Glaring Hole of Any Team in the NFL

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not particularly surprising, but I think it underscores the need for Beane to finally address the void in an aggressive manner that I believe he fully intends to do. 

Totally agree.

No question, that has been the plan, ever since Watkins and Darby were traded, and especially since Taylor and Glenn were traded.

People will argue that the Bills should stay put, and use all those picks to fill the roster, often speaking as if it's an absolute guarantee that most, if not all will turn out to be starters or solid contributors. The problem with that is, even if they do pan out, many of those players will leave in free agency once their rookie deals are up for a "winning team", aka, team with a franchise QB, rendering that strategy ill advised, unless a franchise QB falls in the Bills' lap within the next 2-4 years.

4 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

No sht. This is why when people argue thst we arent trading up for a QB i kinda just laugh.

If we wanted Allen we wouldnt have let Tyrod walk.

So that saves us.

Chances are we trade up to 2 and take Darnold or Rosen.

Should we have to stay at 12 than we move up to spots 4-7 its prob Mayfield.

I don't get how many think that the #2 pick is available if we give up the farm.  Eli isn't getting any younger.  Who's to say Giants don't go QB. I also am wondering aloud why the Browns did not go after McCarron instead of Taylor.  What changed from last year to this year? 

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hate?  The entire NFL gave him no "respect" when he was a UFA.

That's because Cincinnati has been hiding him on their roster for years(meanwhile every team forgot about him) and the kid has no significant NFL tape.  His collage tape is as good as anyone in this years draft.  With back to back championships, there is a lot to look at too.  He got the job done in collage.  Why do you think he can't now? Everyone is assuming he is a backup but none of them have enough actual NFL tape to get a real read on the guy.  Hate is a strong word but what people do hate is what they don't know.

Edited by Rockinon

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I don't get how many think that the #2 pick is available if we give up the farm.  Eli isn't getting any younger.  Who's to say Giants don't go QB. I also am wondering aloud why the Browns did not go after McCarron instead of Taylor.  What changed from last year to this year? 

Change in general manager and offensive coordinator for the Browns.  I don't know what the Giants are going to do.  Some say they're in win now mode with Eli until he retires while others say it's time to draft his replacement when you own the #2 pick with a decent QB class.

Just now, Rockinon said:

That's because Cincinnati has been hiding him on their roster for years(meanwhile every team forgot about him) and the kid has no significant NFL tape.  His collage tape is as good as anyone in this years draft.  With back to back championships, there is a lot to look at too.  He got the job done in collage.  Why do you think he can't now? Everyone is assuming he is a backup but no none of them have enough actual NFL tape to get a real read on the guy.  Hate is a strong word but people do hate is what they don't know.

Not sure what you're talking about, but he started four regular season games and one playoff game for the Bengals.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yes I did, but I'm looking for specific names. 

Everybody and their dog thought we were tanking last year. I got better things to do with my time then search up old articles with media opinions.... That’s all they are, opinions. Until our coaches do their job and the players take the field no one persons word is really better then the others... I’m happy to give McCarron a shot instead of paying big bucks for a guy who only has 1 year of success. 

Bradford is made of glass. No one 

was begging asking Keemun to start last year just like Nick Foles. They were considered backups, just like a lot people got McCarron pegged to be. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not sure what you're talking about, but he started four regular season games and one playoff game for the Bengals.

Yep. What else? Did he play on another team? Did he at the very least play a half season? How exactly is a someone supposed to evaluate whether someone is a "Franchise QB" based on 5 games? He comes in at the tail end of a season and is supposed to lead them through the playoffs. Every team in the NFL after mid season is peaking and this kid is off the bench just getting warmed up.

Personally, I think he did pretty good under those conditions. Don't know if he can be great, but again, he did win 2 championships in collage. That ain't nothing. Just getting tired of the same echo chamber regurgitating the same tired line, "He's just a BU".  Hope he blows up camp and finally gets his shot!

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Everybody and their dog thought we were tanking last year. I got better things to do with my time then search up old articles with media opinions.... That’s all they are, opinions. Until our coaches do their job and the players take the field no one persons word is really better then the others... I’m happy to give McCarron a shot instead of paying big bucks for a guy who only has 1 year of success. 

was begging asking Keemun to start last year just like Nick Foles. They were considered backups, just like a lot people got McCarron pegged to be. 

2018 draft!

Just now, Rockinon said:

Yep. What else? Did he play on another team? Did he at the very least play a half season? How exactly is a someone supposed to evaluate whether someone is a "Franchise QB" based on 5 games? He comes in at the tail end of a season and is supposed to lead them through the playoffs. Every team in the NFL after mid season is peaking and this kid is off the bench just getting warmed up.

Personally, I think he did pretty good under those conditions. Don't know if he can be great, but again, he did win 2 championships in collage. That ain't nothing. Just getting tired of the same echo chamber regurgitating the same tired line, "He's just a BU".  Hope he blows up camp and finally gets his shot!

I think he'll be okay.  On to the 2018 draft!

6 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

QB?  If the season started tomorrow we wouldn't even put a middle linebacker on the field.  Now that's a hole.

They want Milano at MLB and even so, MLB slowly becoming an irrelevant position. It's great to have a good one, but you can get by just fine without.

5 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

They want Milano at MLB and even so, MLB slowly becoming an irrelevant position. It's great to have a good one, but you can get by just fine without.

I don't think so.  I think they want him at weakside.  I'm thinking Humber will be our next MLB.  Not because it is what is ultimately desired, but what else can we do if we are trying to land a franchise signal caller on offense?  Secondly, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that MLB is an irrelevant position.  Pretty sure McD would disagree., wherein the ideal world he could get a franchise signal caller on offense and a Luke Kuechly on Defense.

Edited by NewEraBills

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

This is a good post.  I never looked at it that way.