ESPN's NFL Insiders: Bills Have the Most Glaring Hole of Any Team in the NFL

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

While I agree that QB is a glaring hole, they gave McCarron zero respect. One said that McCarron is a 3rd string QB and another said we could draft any position and they'd be the best QB on the roster.

McCarron even tho he hasn't played much doesn't deserve that type of hate. He played pretty good in his limited action

Nobody wanted him.

That's why we got him cheap, after every other QB signed.

I don't think he was a bad signing, and he might wind up being solid, but if we start 2018 with AJ mccarron, Nathan Peterman, and a low flying , late pick rookie (Mike White for example), then the front office failed at securing the #1 off-season priority: franchise QB.

Sure, one of them MIGHT turn into a decent QB, but that's a miracle, the reality is there is a higher % chance of them all being bad.

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

Rodak is so enlightening, I can't wait for him to share more of his wisdom with us.

The most glaring hole in Buffalo are the beat reporters covering the Bills.

Rodak has been getting better.  Its just a period in the season where there is little to talk about between the FA Frenzy and the Draft.  

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hate?  The entire NFL gave him no "respect" when he was a UFA.

The entire NFL also passed on Tom Brady in the early rd's.  All you can do is watch his college games and watch his playoff game against the Steelers to evaluate him. I think he is a upgrade to Taylor and he still has some upside. I think if you put talent around him like Foles has with the Eagles your looking at a 3,500 26 TD's and 11 INT's season. 

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The entire NFL also passed on Tom Brady in the early rd's.  All you can do is watch his college games and watch his playoff game against the Steelers to evaluate him. I think he is a upgrade to Taylor and he still has some upside. I think if you put talent around him like Foles has with the Eagles your looking at a 3,500 26 TD's and 11 INT's season. 

As I have posted previously he had talent all around him in CIN with AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Tyler Eifert and he put up pedestrian numbers. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We aren't talking about the draft here, we're talking about NFL players. If Brady hit Free Agency after his rookie contract you really think he'd have gotten a deal like McCarrons? That's really just a horrible example.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We aren't talking about the draft here, we're talking about NFL players. If Brady hit Free Agency after his rookie contract you really think he'd have gotten a deal like McCarrons? That's really just a horrible example.

Im talking about how many mistakes GM's have made evaluating players from the draft, or FA players who are back ups with very little playing time for evaluation. For guys like Taylor, McCarron or Jimmy G you are looking at college game tape and probably talking to the HC, OC or QB coaches of those teams for evaluation info. 

1 minute ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Oh, sorry. I saw the thread title and thought it was. Either way, not exactly earth shattering reporting.

Not particularly surprising, but I think it underscores the need for Beane to finally address the void in an aggressive manner that I believe he fully intends to do. 

• Like (+1) 1