Daniel Jeremiah's Top Ten QB Prospects of the Last Three Drafts

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Nonsense, if you read the forums then you know that none of these QB's this year are worth trading up for. We have a lot of draft experts that have high level business meetings so I respect their opinions

Wow. If Paxton Lynch is the #10 prospect then why trade up? Send a 6th to Denver and let's get him.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It's Daniel Jeremiah; he's a former NFL personnel man and does a TON of work for the draft year-round.  He's also had offers from teams to fill front office roles; you may want to re-assess your view of his work.

Seems Odd that most have Rosen above Darnold.

I would go Wentz , Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

One person's opinion.   Click bait, more clicks, more money in his pocket.

I need to get me one of those!!!

15 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's the opinion of someone who has evaluated draft prospects for a living at the NFL level for many years.  His opinions are widely respected.

He likes McCarron and you hate McCarron. I wonder who’s right?

Sorry, I’ll go with the highly respected professional who has assessed talent at the NFL level for many years.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000218525/Top-50-prospects-AJ-McCarron

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1) Sam Darnold, USC

2) Carson Wentz, North Dakota State

3) Josh Rosen, UCLA

4) Jared Goff, Cal

5) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

6) Josh Allen, Wyoming

7) Deshaun Watson, Clemson

8) Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina

9) DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame

10) Paxton Lynch, Memphis

I like DJ and respect him a lot.  He is a genuine tape analyst and tends to strip away a lot of the other "noise".  His list wouldn't quite be like mine - I put my top 10 going back to 2014 up the other day - but I have a ton of respect for his process.  

13 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Media scouts didn't like last year's QB class very much.

Nope.... and yet the league did. I was saying all draft season last year - ignore the talking heads, the league likes these guys and they are going to go early.  I said 3 in the top 10 and was widely ridiculed on these here forums..... I didn't quite get it right it was 3 in the top 12, but the league certainly liked them more than the talking heads.  

19 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He likes McCarron and you hate McCarron. I wonder who’s right?

Sorry, I’ll go with the highly respected professional who has assessed talent at the NFL level for many years.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000218525/Top-50-prospects-AJ-McCarron

His NFL performance says he's mediocre and he's being paid like a backup.  Actual personal offices didn't see him worthy of a starting job when he was a UFA.  I'll go with them. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His NFL performance says he's mediocre and he's being paid like a backup.  Actual personal offices didn't see him worthy of a starting job when he was a UFA.  I'll go with them. 

Jeremiah, who in your own words you highly admire, and Bill Polian love AJ. Beane and McDermott aren’t actual NFL personnel?

Thanks for keeping up with your McCarron hate. I need the comic relief.

Edited by Sky Diver

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Jeremiah, who in your own words you highly admire, and Bill Polian love AJ. Beane. McDermott are’s actual NFL personnel?

Thanks for keeping up with your McCarron hate. I need the comic relief.

Jeremiah projects prospects before they begin an NFL career.  You should try to keep up and stop the juvenile use of the term hate.  No one hates him as I have said that I think he'll be decent. 

59 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jeremiah projects prospects before they begin an NFL career.  You should try to keep up and stop the juvenile use of the term hate.  No one hates him as I have said that I think he'll be decent. 

Jeremiah does more than that.

You should try to keep up and stop starting juvenile flame wars because someone begs to differ with you. 

Edited by Sky Diver

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I like DJ and respect him a lot.  He is a genuine tape analyst and tends to strip away a lot of the other "noise".  His list wouldn't quite be like mine - I put my top 10 going back to 2014 up the other day - but I have a ton of respect for his process.  

Nope.... and yet the league did. I was saying all draft season last year - ignore the talking heads, the league likes these guys and they are going to go early.  I said 3 in the top 10 and was widely ridiculed on these here forums..... I didn't quite get it right it was 3 in the top 12, but the league certainly liked them more than the talking heads.  

Yep...you and I were in lockstep there--IIRC I had them going Trubisky (5)-Mahomes (13)-Watson (25) in R1 and you had them going Watson-Trubisky-Mahomes, but all in the top 10

This year I'm convinced that 4 will go in the top 10, and I'm still deciding whether I think Darnold or Allen will go #1

17 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

It's Daniel Jeremiah; he's a former NFL personnel man and does a TON of work for the draft year-round.  He's also had offers from teams to fill front office roles; you may want to re-assess your view of his work.

Kizer and Lynch though.....

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Jeremiah does more than that.

You should try to keep up and stop starting juvenile flame wars because someone begs to differ with you. 

You should stop bring up McCarron in threads that have nothing to do with him.  The only one flaming is you with comments like comic relief and hate because I don't share your zealous enthusiasm for AJM.   He's being paid like a guy who'll have a chance to compete for a job and not the great QB you expect him to be.  The Bills are looking for their next long term starting QB and they aren't expecting it to be him irrespective of your lofty view of him.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Kizer and Lynch though.....

Yeah, I didn't like either guy during my draft prep, but every guy is entitled to some bad misses.  I mean, John Elway is viewed as this great GM by a rather wide swathe of the football-watching community, and in general his drafts have been lousy.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You should stop bring up McCarron in thread that have nothing to do with him.  The only one flaming is you with comments like comic relief and hate because I don't share your zealous enthusiasm for AJM.   He's being paid like a guy who'll have a chance to compete for a job and not the great QB you expect him to be.  The Bills are looking for their next long term starting QB and they aren't expecting it to be him irrespective of your lofty view of him.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

I can't figure out why you are so bent out of shape because I have higher expectations for him than you do. Weird.

What he is being paid is completely irrelevant to how he may perform. 

Just now, Sky Diver said:

I can't figure out why you are so bent out of shape because I have higher expectations for him than you do. Weird.

What he is being paid is completely irrelevant to how he may perform. 

I'm not bent out of shape at all, but you certainly seem to be.  You're even digging up year old articles and creating irrelevant threads to support AJM before he takes a snap to make yourself look desperate for him to succeed. Relax. He'll have his chance.

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yep...you and I were in lockstep there--IIRC I had them going Trubisky (5)-Mahomes (13)-Watson (25) in R1 and you had them going Watson-Trubisky-Mahomes, but all in the top 10

This year I'm convinced that 4 will go in the top 10, and I'm still deciding whether I think Darnold or Allen will go #1

In my final mock I actually had two in the top 10 and Mahomes sliding to the Texans; Watson to the Bears at #3 and Trubisky to the Browns trading up.  But most of the draft season I was saying 3 in the top 10.  I changed that in my last mock but still got two of the right QB teams though didn't match them with the right QB.  

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

What is irrelevant is using his compensation as a basis to determine how he is likely to perform.

The fact is. no one knows how is going to perform. I think he is going to do well, and that view somehow offends you.

How about we stop talking about McCarron in this thread.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz