Did the Jets trade screw us?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Absolutely not and the irrational panic is almost getting comical at this point

Not so sure it's irrational.

If the Giants know were desperate to move up they can basically demand whatever the hell they want.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Klaista2k said:

If the Giants know were desperate to move up they can basically demand whatever the hell they want.

Or, we can just not panic and trade up to 2.

So, there’s that.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Success said:

Or, we can just not panic and trade up to 2.

So, there’s that.

Yeah it's probably going to take a **** load of draft picks though. 

If Beane thinks the asking price is too much then were pretty much !@#$ed. 

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Just now, Green Lightning said:

In a real sense it did screw us. It's set an enormous price to move up.

The Giants have all the cards now and if we want to move up it's going to cost us big time. Can we still do it? Yep. Should we do it ? 

I'm thinking yes.

So the cost to three would have been fine but the cost for two is astronomical?  

Stop and think.  The Jets blinked.  They now get 3.  For the Bills to want to move up and get a guy, they have to have a guy they feel is well worth it.  If they do, they can offer what is needed to get ahead of the Jets and get him.

Let’s say they are screwed (it feels like it.)

it all started when the Bills decided to stick with Taylor and not bring in a Brian Hoyer or worse.  That was the one move that was a catalyst to which brought us to today.

no Tyrod...we could have not pushed Kyle to return...and still executed all the other moves.

a team with no Taylor, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Sammy Watkins...etc would have effectively delivered a 5-11 record.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

So the cost to three would have been fine but the cost for two is astronomical?  

Stop and think.  The Jets blinked.  They now get 3.  For the Bills to want to move up and get a guy, they have to have a guy they feel is well worth it.  If they do, they can offer what is needed to get ahead of the Jets and get him.

I get what you're saying OMF. I just can't help but think the Giants will be influenced by the bevy of picks the Jets gave to move up just a couple of spots. Dropping down to 12, I don't know. But I do find it hard to believe that this is a scenario that Beane wouldn't have anticipated. Also possibly the Broncos moving up to two or somebody else. So I don't know. I guess we'll see what we see. The process has its emotional ups and downs.