Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

2 minutes ago, jumpgo692003 said:

if you believe that then you should be vocal about standing pat or trading down because Jackson will likely be available.

Why draft Jackson. Should have just kept Tyrod if they wanted a runner pretending to be a QB.

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Gotta go up to 2, and there's no reason to wait anymore. All there is to it. 

you mean this season of course. May not be two. may be three. boards are shifting after the dramatic headline move by the Jets

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You're going to have to overpay to move into the top 5 because the top of the QB class this year is that good.  The Jets understood that and now they likely have their quarterback for the next decade.  Unless they pick Allen in which case I won't stop laughing.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Having McCown and QB X (Darnold or Rosen) is a friggin amazing starting point to reverse that.

No question about that. Now thats looks why they brought Luke on board doesn't it  ;)

Assuming the Giants covet Barkley:

Then we trade up to Browns for #4. Then we flip #4 to Giants. That way we get our QB and the Giants get Barkley because it is obvious the top 3 will pick QBs. 

If the Giants just want to swap up to 12 then give them our 12,22 and 4th and next years 1. We don’t need next year’s picks as much as this year’s because we have 100 million to spend and won’t have a sunk QB cost. I would be all for dumping more picks next year than this year if possible. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Why draft Jackson. Should have just kept Tyrod if they wanted a runner pretending to be a QB.

you might be wrong.  mostly anyways. 

Besides they got a great draft pick. Good work actually

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

It almost comes down to Foles with or 22nd pick to the Eagles or Mason or Jackson? I think I would go with Foles...

I thought of Foles when this news broke (but there is the question of Wentz' readiness). The Bills could have avoided all of this by drafting Watson or Mahomes (my choice) last year.

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Assuming the Giants covet Barkley:

Then we trade up to Browns for #4. Then we flip #4 to Giants. That way we get our QB and the Giants get Barkley because it is obvious the top 3 will pick QBs. 

If the Giants just want to swap up to 12 then give them our 12,22 and 4th and next years 1. We don’t need next year’s picks as much as this year’s because we have 100 million to spend and won’t have a sunk QB cost. I would be all for dumping more picks next year than this year if possible. 

Interesting take : ) 

Thanks

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

They only got to 3 because the Giants told them their pick was already spoken for.

his comments in his press conference of not overpaying and reminding his staff to remind him of that is quite the karma

Now Gettleman holds all the cards and that's even if he will deal McBean has to have a bad feeling in his stomach this weekend  like the fans that have been  through 20 years of this

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

have they Ever developed a QB. Ever ? Pennington ?

no worries

Jests just secured themselves at QB, before this trade I did not think highly of the Jests but after this tables have turned and now players will flock to play with him.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont get it....this suprises people?

This was ALWAYS going to take 2 trade ups to get all the way from 21......and the cost to do this was going to be huge.  That is why Lamar Jackson was my fall back

yes. agreed on all counts.
Gotta keep options open no matter what occurs

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Jests just secured themselves at QB, before this trade I did not think highly of the Jests but after this tables have turned and now players will flock to play with him.

i am not quite there yet, but they do look to be drafting a little better last year

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont get it....this suprises people?

This was ALWAYS going to take 2 trade ups to get all the way from 21......and the cost to do this was going to be huge.  That is why Lamar Jackson was my fall back

Jackson is not a fall back, why bother ditching Tyrod if your only going to draft the same guy. I thought they wanted a pocket QB. Its a wash, why bother doing all this we already had  running Tyrod.

Edited by xRUSHx

18 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So what without a franchise worthy QB it really is just another crap shoot for another staff building around nothing but a backup QB. Late rounders in Peterman and another from this draft will do nothing but become backups at best. 

Maybin 2.0 anyone at 12 or how about we take another WR early, no guarantees any position will make it big in the NFL. Same old OBD cycle of not holding the QB position in a high enough regard, here we go again with another teams backup QB as the main focus.

Look out for the Jests with Rosen they will easily become the top of the East very quickly.

Last i heard, a backup QB won the SB... It's all about building a great "team" and so far this offseason, Beane has done a terrific job at managing the cap, filling in roster spots at position of need and acquiring draft picks to even add more pieces to the roster.

I'm putting my trust in Beane til he proves he's not capable at his job and this is NOT the case with Beane currently. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

KC & Houston were both playoff teams, Houston falling to the #4 pick can't really be predicted.  I also believe there were stories the Texans didn't inquire about trading up with us, they were ok waiting to see if one of Watson or Mahomes fell further, but once Mahomes went they worked the phones hard.

However, I do agree with your larger point.  The trade down was done to gather ammo for this year, the Sammy / Tyrod / Cordy / Darby trades, all more ammo for this year.  If Mahomes comes out firing the ball all over the field and makes Sammy look like a WR #1, Watson gets back to his pre-injury level and whatever rookie the Jets have at QB lights it up and we are left being sold McCarron / Mason Rudolph / Nathan Peterman, all the trust the process and drought breaking goodwill is going to dry up very very fast.

Maybe the reason that the Bills traded down is because they didn't like either Mahomes or Watson enough to draft them at #10 rather than take the extra first.   We don't know if ANY of the 2017 QBs will actually work out long term.  Between them, Mahomes and Watson have a grand total of 8 NFL starts.

Keep in mind that nobody really knows how highly NFL teams regard this year's college QB prospects.  Remember, the voices claiming this is such a great QB class and that so-and-so is going to go #1 or #3 or whatever are all from fans and media personalities.  Talking about collegiate QBs coming into the pros excites TV viewers, talking about DLers or OLers doing the same, not so much, but the teams have different agendas, and I don't think they have these QBs rated nearly as highly as the media. 

Personally, I think at least one and maybe two of the top 4 QBs will be available at #12.  Jackson might even be available at #22.  It's likely that most of the "QB needy" teams have the QBs ranked the same way, and that at least some of them have no interest in taking a first round QB who's not their top guy.  I think a team like Denver is likely to pass on a QB with both Keenum and Lynch on their roster unless they get exactly who they want.  I think that Cleveland might do the same.  I have never been of the mind that the Giants were interested in any of the 2018 QBs.  Eli is their guy, and they're looking to give him protection and weapons.  If Cleveland doesn't take Barkley, Saquan will be in a Giants uni in 2018.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Jackson is not a fall back, why bother ditching Tyrod if your only going to draft the same guy. I though they wanted a pocket QB. Its a wash, why bother doing all this we already had  running Tyrod.

still sticking your Tyrod voo doo doll I see

Jackson is NOT another tyrod.....but your such a simpleton that you cant see it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Last i heard, a backup QB won the SB... It's all about building a great "team" and so far this offseason, Beane has done a terrific job at managing the cap, filling in roster spots at position of need and acquiring draft picks to even add more pieces to the roster.

I'm putting my trust in Beane til he proves he's not capable at his job and this is NOT the case with Beane currently. 

Wentz, ever hear of Wentz, he is the QB that made the team, Foles was lucky enough to ride out the finish. I give Foles a bunch of credit but he is not the guy that made that team, he is not a franchise QB just a backup that had that once in a lifetime miracle happen at the right time. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

still sticking your Tyrod voo doo doll I see

Jackson is NOT another tyrod.....but your such a simpleton that you cant see it.

If you watch college ball you would see it. Big deal Jackson was told not to run as much this last season just so some can say see he doesn',t run all the time, he is still the same QB as before, you watch he will do the same as Tyrod, run first evwtrytime. Those skrony legs will never survive in the NFL.