Broncos Are Shopping Trevor Siemian - Traded to MIN

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Agree. Id be ok with Siemien as an opening day starter/ bridge. Especially at that cost. Not interested in McCarron at 18-20$m per. We still don't know if AJM is even a .500 guy or if he flat sucks. 

McCown got $10M and Bridgewater $15M. McCarron has to be in that neighborhood.

18 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Then we have a predicament on our hand... With McCarron and whoever the Rookie is. Do we trade McCarron/ let him go and hope we were right on the draft pick? Or do we just keep a top 5 rookie QB on the bench. Siemien is just a better fit for what we are trying to do. To be honest... I want our rookie QB to start day 1 and just have an experienced backup at the ready.

Isn't that better than a crappy QB and a necessity to move to the rookie? Depends on who the rookie is. Rosen is thought of as pretty NFL ready, though his body could use some bulking up. Whats the rush if we get the right guy? 

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then we disagree. I don’t think a $20M cap hit for AJ McCarron (including the dead money) is better than $8M on Siemian (including dead money). The guy that you are drafting is going to play sooner than later. Siemian has proven that he can play .500 ball. If he is 2-2 and then you plug in Rosen that is fine. I would not, under any circumstances, overpay a bridge QB.

Wait, why do we pay Siemian $8M?  $1.9M this year.

55 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Any word what they want for him?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He was one of the few QBs that Tyrod flat out beat head-to-head.

That game last year could have gone either way at the end. Tyrod was able to use his legs to move the chains on 3rd downs and extend the drives. Siemian hung in the pocket and threw it to our team twice.

No thank you.

45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just adding the dead money

Unconventional, and I'm not persuaded it's the most appropriate way to look at it?

When considering a prospective move, it seems reasonable to consider cap savings - (dead money + cost of replacement signing) to decide if it makes sense.

But once that ship has sailed and the dead money is already there, I'm not sure it adds value to consider it in comparing different moves? 

The dead money is there in any case and we need the replacement player in any case.

42 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can't imagine more than a sixth or seventh. 

Ha!  Well, most of us couldn't imagine more than a 5th or 6th for Tyrod, so.....

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unconventional, and I'm not persuaded it's the most appropriate way to look at it?

When considering a prospective move, it seems reasonable to consider cap savings - (dead money + cost of replacement signing) to decide if it makes sense.

But once that ship has sailed and the dead money is already there, I'm not sure it adds value to consider it in comparing different moves? 

The dead money is there in any case and we need the replacement player in any case.

It’s just actual cap cost. It doesn’t have to be added but it adds perspective. The dead money is there either way but should impact your decision making. Do you want $20M tied up in a bridge QB? I don’t.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He was one of the few QBs that Tyrod flat out beat head-to-head.

That game last year could have gone either way at the end. Tyrod was able to use his legs to move the chains on 3rd downs and extend the drives. Siemian hung in the pocket and threw it to our team twice.

No thank you.

Actually I just watched PTR's clips, and if "Siemian hung in the pocket and threw it to our team twice" were a good description, I'd feel better.  He got flushed out of the pocket, ran about the backfield like a headless chicken, and made two very poor decisions.  Where's Shady Bills Fan?  I may have to hunt him down to say "you were right".

But still....we need a player with more experience as a backup if nothing else.  Who do you want, who didn't just sign for ridiculous money?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually I just watched PTR's clips, and if "Siemian hung in the pocket and threw it to our team twice" were a good description, I'd feel better.  He got flushed out of the pocket, ran about the backfield like a headless chicken, and made two very poor decisions.  Where's Shady Bills Fan?  I may have to hunt him down to say "you were right".

But still....we need a player with more experience as a backup if nothing else.  Who do you want, who didn't just sign for ridiculous money?

Ok, he didnt hang in the pocket, he scrambled around like an idiot and still threw two picks. Either way, he tried to be the passer. It was the one time I remember saying to myself "It's so much better to have Tyrod who can run for those firsts". Point still stands, Siemian sucks.

I'd rather have Peterman as the backup than Siemian.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s just actual cap cost. It doesn’t have to be added but it adds perspective. The dead money is there either way but should impact your decision making. Do you want $20M tied up in a bridge QB? I don’t.

But at this point, the dead money isn't tied up in the bridge QB.  The dead money is tied up no matter what, whether we sign a bridge QB or don't sign a bridge QB.

Separate the two, and just decide whether we need a bridge QB, or at least a backup QB with more experience than Peterman.

It would be like saying, look at all this dead money we have tied up in DL from Dareus!  Do you want Star Lotulelie at $18M/yr? (4 or 5M he signed for plus Dareus)

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ok, he didnt hang in the pocket, he scrambled around like an idiot and still threw two picks. Either way, he tried to be the passer. It was the one time I remember saying to myself "It's so much better to have Tyrod who can run for those firsts". Point still stands, Siemian sucks.

I'd rather have Peterman as the backup than Siemian.

Well, there we disagree, or at least, I don't understand the basis for your preference other than some kind of blind faith. 

Whether or not you think Siemian sucks, the fact is he did manage to QB his team to a 13-11 record last 2 years, and to throw more TD than picks.  Peterman has yet to prove he can win a game or throw more TD than picks.

I am not happy at the Tyrod move.  I guess they had $6M reasons to do it, but....