Killing the Draft, Free Agency- Not so much....

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

You need to step away from the ledge and put down the can of gasoline and the matches while your at it. Free agency doesn’t even officially start until tomorrow. 

Is it as bat turd crazy as asking why haven’t we Franchise Tagged Preston Brown? :P

I think to a certain degree McBean may have out smarted themselves. 

I know they have targeted other QB's but they are losing out. Going to be hard to convinced strong free agents to sign without a QB.

They are great at recruiting former Carolina Panthers but who else?

Last years early FA and draft were Whaley's. I want to see what McBean can actually do.

Letting Dareus go for nothing was not very good.

I understand trading Tyrod but Not to bring in Matt Moore. Why is Peterman still on the team?

Good at accumulating draft picks but thats the first part of the process, now they must draft. 

I'm am far from convinced.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Is it as bat turd crazy as asking why haven’t we Franchise Tagged Preston Brown? :P

Yeah. The guy that led the league in tackles last year in a position that we are really weak at. Forget it. Pick the matches back up. I’ll throw the gas on you. 

5 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

What day of free agency did Poyer and Hyde sign last year? 

There is definitely a lot of work to be done this offseason. I'm a bit anxious to see how to QB situation will unfold. That will effectively decide whether this offseason is a success or not. None of the QB's that signed today were major difference makers (sans Cousins). Some of the money thrown to guys like Bradford could be better used to fill the roster. 

I'm ok with waiting for the dust to settle a bit and see if the price on some of these "bridge" Qb's drops to a more appropriate level. 

I thank you for your insightful response and sharing your thoughts sir. Welcome to the board

We signed 2 starting DTs.  Got in better position to draft our franchise Qb.  Colt Anderson no longer has to be on the team with the signing of Bush. It’s still day 2 of negotiations.....geez

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. The guy that led the league in tackles last year in a position that we are really weak at. Forget it. Pick the matches back up. I’ll throw the gas on you. 

You’re right! Where do I sign up to give Preston Brown 15 million per year! :D

4 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

Still going to be good players cut. We can solidify some spots then. I'm thinking interior o-line specifically. My only concern there is what appeared to be a swing and miss on Vlad

Thank you for your insight sir. 

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

You’re right! Where do I sign up to give Preston Brown 15 million per year! :D

Thank you for your insight sir. 

Yeah, except the playerbin question led the entire NFL in tackles last year and without him here we have Matt Milano left to be our one and only LB. and I did say that at that cost I wasn’t interested. 

“I will say I didn’t know the tag was $15m for him and at that price I’ll pass.”

seriously guy, don’t go over amy bridges on your way home from work. 

For the record guys, I never said I disapprove of the progress the team has made. Just a little bummed with our inactivity in FA and the less than stellar acquisitions so far though I like Davis and Kyle is always a favorite. Where in my post did I state a untruth? If you’re content with Star as our DT that’s fine, I think we could’ve done better and so do many others here from what I’ve read. We have no WRs, true or false? LBs? Are we getting excited about Preston Brown? 

TBH, I posted this topic to see if any felt similar but also to see how many insults and jabs would post over what I viewed as a mild concern. And right on cue you guys never fail to disappoint. I poke fun as much as anyone, when warranted. It’s easier to insult than share thoughts and opinions. Some get it and others want to be comedians, so be it.

It it felt amazing making the playoffs last year after such a long drought. If you have an eye on the bigger picture and understand that building a contender takes time and at times sacrifice, I agree with you. We’re not the Broncos or Giants or Seattle. Teams that have floundered but whose fan base can remain upbeat because they’ve experienced the pinnacle recently. Like every fan I want perennial success. I want FAs to say “ I’m going to Buffalo, that’s a team that gets it” ( money being equal of course). 

Wasnt trying to to come off naive, believe me I’m not. Just a passionate Bills fan that got a taste last year and doesn’t want to regress. Carry on troops, GO BILLS!,

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah, except the playerbin question led the entire NFL in tackles last year and without him here we have Matt Milano left to be our one and only LB. and I did say that at that cost I wasn’t interested. 

“I will say I didn’t know the tag was $15m for him and at that price I’ll pass.”

seriously guy, don’t go over amy bridges on your way home from work. 

Sucks doesn’t it. You feel like you have a legitimate opinion and then all the whammies rain down. I personally just let it go when I read your post, I’m not as good at comedy like many here.

BTW, whose amy bridges? 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Sucks doesn’t it. You feel like you have a legitimate opinion and then all the whammies rain down. I personally just let it go when I read your post, I’m not as good at comedy like many here.

BTW, whose amy bridges? 

She’s high and spans long distances. Kinda like your.....

forget it. Have fun 

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

She’s high and spans long distances. Kinda like your.....

forget it. Have fun 

Well done. Usually one would have to pay for this kind of entertainment.

BTW, I know FA doesn’t start til tomorrow but John Brown just agreed with Ravens on a 1 year deal for 5 mil.

Must of been too rich for Beane and Co.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I see McBeane's inactivity setting himself up for an immediate post draft firing just like Whaley, right??.....

The sarcasm is strong with this one. 

I think you give your rookie coach who delivered you from playoff purgatory another year.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Those sure are a lot of quality players acquired for an event that technically hasn’t started yet.

Seriously, isn’t anybody else worried most of the top tier FAs are already gone or is everyone confident we’ll get all we need through the draft? Especially after we give half our picks away for a QB.

Poyer & Hyde weren't looked at as "top tier" FAs last year and look how that worked out.

Trust the process