Would going into 2018 with Peterman & top rookie be that bad?

23 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Look who Peterman was being mentored from, Tyrod is no mentor. IMO Peterman will get better with development and a better mentor. Peterman will end up a solid backup IMO.

who gives a flying **** who's mentoring him, he's a grown man. He obviously didn't take a page from Tyrod's book he throws picks off his back foot for fun.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting....under contract for $915K in 2018.....McCarron probably wants n o less than $10+ mil a year though......

Why do you want to cheap charlie the most important position on the team by far?  You get what you pay for.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Why do you want to cheap charlie the most important position on the team by far?  You get what you pay for.

.....with Brady uncertainty about retirement date and Hoyer in the house for $915k this year and $2.8 next year, why would Belichick fork over large cash to McCarron?.......

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wouldn't any veteran QB cost you that much? How do you get Siemian when he's still under contract? Trade for him? Now you're wasting draft capital.

Here's an idea. Give Fitz a jingle.

Fitz is under contract by Tampa; Siemian is going to Minnesota.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Siemian would contribute as much as most of the bridge guys that we are talking about but at 10% of the cost. He’s 13-11 with 30 TDs and 24 INTs. No one thinks that he is the answer but I’d much rather pay $1.9M to Siemian than $12M to McCarron. I don’t see McCarron as 6x better.

I would really be fine with Siemian.  He'd be a backup QB who could start in a pinch if needed to start the year.  And he's immensely cheaper than McCarron.

At this point it's pretty clear that Beane's intention is to draft our long term Franchise QB.

40 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Don’t know who fits that bill currently as the options are limited.  

You post brings us back to 5 pick Nate.  It ain’t easy being QB in the NFL.   

We shouldn’t throw him to the wolves on that one bad game.   

Not intending to throw Peterman to the wolves (poor wolfies! not a lot of meat on the Peter Man) but have yet to see anything from Peterman that would make me content about going into the draft with him as our only option.  The thing that bothers me about that game, isn't the picks per se but the apparent absence of the neural circuit that flashes in a successful QB brain and says "No!  No! Throw it away!" or "No! No! You're going down, both hands on the ball, HANG  ON!"  There's a reason even inexperienced rookies haven't thrown 5 picks in a half before.

Options for experienced backup would include Matt Moore and Derek Anderson as far as I know.   Neither is very appealing as a player right now; both have historically been 500-ball players who can turn in a game or two.  Both may have fallen off.   I'm kind of thinking that you may be right and if the Bills are going "All In!" for a rookie they plan to start right away, they want a more experienced vet sitting in the room with him.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I would really be fine with Siemian.  He'd be a backup QB who could start in a pinch if needed to start the year.  And he's immensely cheaper than McCarron.

At this point it's pretty clear that Beane's intention is to draft our long term Franchise QB.

Too late, going to Minn.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nate Peterman is 25-52 for 266 yard (5.1 YPA) and has thrown 2 TDs and 6 INTs. He also fumbled at least once that I remembered and took an ogregious intentional grounding call. He accomplished all of that in about 10 drives. I try to NEVER say this on here but anyone that thinks Nate Peterman is a viable starting QB option is an idiot. There is no way around it. They are an idiot.  

We need to get DC Tom to update his bot to automatically post that on their posts.

And I thought the coaches last year were IDIOTS to go with him as only backup.  Going with one backup works only if you have a QB which history of rarely getting hurt.

13 minutes ago, ALF said:

Matt Moore was making $1.750M a year , that would be a ok bridge. If McCarron would take an incentive contract that would be better.

Siemian is getting $750K for 2018.......Hoyer is getting $950K for 2018.......Stanton just wrapped up 2 years, $6.5 mil with Cards.....certainly you may get what you pay for, but MacBeane is building through the draft with a 1st round QB and Peterman kid.....doubt he invests major money or major time in a vet presence...just a hunch.....

John Skelton is available and well rested; I am sure Buffalo Barbarian will provide a reference.

42 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How do you even know that

xRUSHx is the anti-Tyrod - crude, impolite and does not study.

He knows it for he takes every chance to bash Tyrod.

Edited by Limeaid
fixed typo

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

John Skelton is available and well rested; I am sure Buffalo Barbarian will provide a reference.

xRUSHx is the anti-Tyrod - rude, impolite and does not study.

He knows it for he takes every chance to bash Tyrod.

Show me when I when rude to anyone.......never.

If anything a select few are rude to me whenever I post. I do not bash on him just to do it I respond to someone's post or thread but the little boys that do not like when a bad thing is said about Tyrod they cry and bad mouth said poster. Nothing has changed with the select few I see.

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How do you even know that

A article was written a while back about how his teammates played in that LA game so I take it as he was the reason they did what they did. It is my opinion of him, after reading how he called the race card I have even less respect for him. As for Peterman he has some talent from what he did in college and IMO could end up a good backup here.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Show me when I when rude to anyone.......never.

If anything a select few are rude to me whenever I post. I do not bash on him just to do it I respond to someone's post or thread but the little boys that do not like when a bad thing is said about Tyrod they cry and bad mouth said poster. Nothing had changed with the select few I see.

A article was written a while back about how his teammates played in that LA game so I take it as he was the reason they did what they did. It is my opinion of him, after reading how he called the race card I have even less respect for him.

Didn’t I make a bet with you that Tyrod would make more than $10M this year and the loser would never post here again?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t I make a bet with you that Tyrod would make more than $10M this year and the loser would never post here again?

Nope not me man.

But if I am not mistaken you made a bet with me that Tyrod would still be on the team this season and if he isn't you would french kiss your dogs butt.

• Haha (+1) 1