Tillerson's out. Pompeo to be the new SoS

Wow!

I wonder if it was the intent all along to bring Tillerson in to cut down on the State Department bloat.  Now you won't hear "our SoS it too close to Putin".  You will hear "but Tillerson was one of the only adults in the room".

The timing, right before NKorea meeting, is interesting.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

There'd been so much talk of Tillerson being out over the past year, none of which panned out, figured he was safe through the midterms.

49 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Like snafu said above, I think it's tied to the North Korea talks. Pompeo was fully behind POTUS. Tillerson was on a trip to Africa when it all went down. 

Reminds me me of when the Mets fired Willie Randolph in the middle of a west coast road trip. 

49 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He just criticized Putin! 

I heard that spin this morning as well. Sounds like a stupid explanation. 

“Trump is a genius!  He’s trolling all the cucktards & libflakes so hard, their heads are exploding.  Man, he’s playing the MSM like a fiddle.  He totally knows exactly what he’s doing.  He’s a master political strategist.  This is all playing out precisely how he wants.”

- This !@#$ing place

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Another one bites the dust ....   

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Video)

Rex walks warily down the street
With the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machine guns ready to go

Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this? 
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? 
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

35 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

“Trump is a genius!  He’s trolling all the cucktards & libflakes so hard, their heads are exploding.  Man, he’s playing the MSM like a fiddle.  He totally knows exactly what he’s doing.  He’s a master political strategist.  This is all playing out precisely how he wants.”

- This !@#$ing place

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Cenk from the Young Turks ...

Has never said anything he wasn't paid to say by ... who? Do you know who pays the bills for the Young Turk's organization, Bob? If not, light a fatty and try tracking down the source of their funding. You'll be surprised, considering your positions.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

He just criticized Putin! 

For MONTHS you've said Tillerson was part of the Russian ploy. He got a MEDAL FROM PUTIN remember? 

Now he's fired - and it's because he was anti-Putin? 

This is why no one takes you seriously. 

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Wow!

I wonder if it was the intent all along to bring Tillerson in to cut down on the State Department bloat.  Now you won't hear "our SoS it too close to Putin".  You will hear "but Tillerson was one of the only adults in the room".

The timing, right before NKorea meeting, is interesting.

100% on nearly everything here. 

Tillerson had a job to do, he did it, now he can go. Replaced by Pompeo - who just spent the last year gutting CIA and learning who is left at State who is still compromised. Expect another bloodbath of firings over the first few weeks of Pompeo as SecState. 

The spin will be hilarious to track. All the people for months who hated Tillerson will now be his ally because if you're seen as being a victim or adversary of Trump you're the resist crowd's friend by extension. 

a corporate killer installed as SoS?

yes!

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But the replacement at CIA is what's REALLY interesting... anyone know what she spent the last few years supervising while at CIA? 

image.jpeg.08547cf4f6aa09828893641596430cf3.jpeg

hopefully building evidence on the DNC and Hillary that can be piled to the moon and back again