With the 12th Pick Bills select

16 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

What pick does Buffalo have to get to, to land Mayfield?

The more I read about these "top" QB prospects, the more I don't like them.  Mayfield reminds me of an annoying little kid that my wife used to babysit, so he is now off my board.  I'm starting to lean towards Roquon Smith at 12 and Lamar Jackson at 22.

On 3/13/2018 at 11:47 PM, USABuffaloFan said:

Why does everyone think Beane is so calculating he makes all these great trades for picks, then gives half away to grab a QB who is not a consensus #1 and probably not starting this year for us. Do you think he wants to lose this year? We have 19 free agents with 8 picks now. We have only about 20mil left after pick maybe 25mil. This means under the scenario we make the trade with a 2nd and 5th and 6th pick. That means all other players are under $1 mil players, scrubs basically. Good luck winning. Bills have almost $40 mil on dead money. Maybe we moved to 12 to get best player available to win now still and it COULD be a QB of the future but more likely a DT, LB or WR or CB.

Because winning this year is both unlikely and a lot less important than growing and putting themselves in position for consistent long term success.

I think he cares less about winning this year than doing that.

Why make those great trades for picks and give half away? Because it's the best move for the team. Because without a franchise QB you're simply not likely to be seriously competitive for a Super Bowl even occasionally, much less regularly.

Bottom line? Why make those great trades and give half away?

Because it's the best move.

On 3/14/2018 at 8:12 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

With AJ on board...and now some teams ahead of us maybe not taking a QB anymore, I think its plausible we could stay put at 12 and let draft fall to us.

If so...I think its either Vita or Roquan, depending whose on the board.  I think Roquan would be the guy if both are.

I'm lost, so you combine the fact we signed AJ and that some teams signed QB's ahead of us in the draft, that they might not draft a QB anymore... 

Then we'll sit there and let the draft fall to us, then, we throw the ultimate curveball and with QB's sitting there at 12 we go DT or LB?

12 hours ago, PIZ said:

It is quite possible.  No one really knows accept the Bills.  If they stay at 12 they could have their pick from one of the below.  If they pick one, I could say them trade up a little from 22 to get a QB like Lamar Jackson or possibly someone drops.....I really could see Josh Allen drop,

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Derwin James, S, Florida State

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

That's the 2004 draft, no thanks... You go and get the QB, if the QB isn't more valuable than the other positional player you're going to draft, no thanks to that QB. 

I just have this strange feeling that the Bills didn't trade up to #12 to pick at #12. Like they intend to move up as far as they can in the draft to select a QB. I know it sounds dumb but I think the Bills are not done moving up yet. 

Edited by Lfod

On 3/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

If so...I think its either Vita or Roquan, depending whose on the board.  I think Roquan would be the guy if both are.

I'm on board with a LB at 12 want Edmunds there. But I'm. Other stopping there, I'm doubling down at 22 with Vanderesch.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 12:26 PM, PIZ said:

It is quite possible.  No one really knows accept the Bills.  If they stay at 12 they could have their pick from one of the below.  If they pick one, I could say them trade up a little from 22 to get a QB like Lamar Jackson or possibly someone drops.....I really could see Josh Allen drop,

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Derwin James, S, Florida State

Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Ward has been to the Bills lately. Don't agree with this at 12 over a MLB or QB but that would depend on who is left. I personally think Bills should go defense with both 12 and 22. 

On 3/15/2018 at 1:32 PM, PIZ said:

The more I read about these "top" QB prospects, the more I don't like them.  Mayfield reminds me of an annoying little kid that my wife used to babysit, so he is now off my board.  I'm starting to lean towards Roquon Smith at 12 and Lamar Jackson at 22.

If Baker is at 12, I would take the chance then go MLB at 22 with Evans or Esch

On 3/12/2018 at 5:27 PM, USABuffaloFan said:

I am not of the feeling Bills need to trade up any farther. At 12 they can get several really good players. Drafts never go as expected and Free Agency has allot to offer in QB's. Bills will definetly get a QB in Free Agency who will play next year and maybe one more year. I think Bills will sit at 12 and expect a QB falls to them and my bet is they are counting on Allen and will also take Jackson. They want worldly athletic talent and a project with huge upside. Both these guys fit that and won't have to start. If this falls though they will get a DT or DE whoever grades out better.

Allen and Jackson are the two prospect that the Bills have been in the least contact with through the predraft process. I actually think they would take Rudolph over both of those guys.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:58 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Because winning this year is both unlikely and a lot less important than growing and putting themselves in position for consistent long term success.

I think he cares less about winning this year than doing that.

Why make those great trades for picks and give half away? Because it's the best move for the team. Because without a franchise QB you're simply not likely to be seriously competitive for a Super Bowl even occasionally, much less regularly.

Bottom line? Why make those great trades and give half away?

Because it's the best move.

First you learned nothing last year how these boys run. McDermott changed QB's because he thought they could win more, changed back when he was wrong rather then develop him. They were 9-7 and went to the playoffs and you think regressing is what Bills want to do?

I am not going to argue the value of a "Franchise QB" but how you land one I will. Unless you can get Giants pick 2 then your not possibly getting "your" man for sure. If your man is picked by Cleveland then you're screwed. No way your willing to give up 4-5 picks for either 1 of 2 QB's. 

I am of a better view that multiple good choices at QB with talent to develop is the better way to go. Bills have their starter next year in VET, McCarron. I would rather have Bills get a combination of 2 QB's from; Lauletta, Falk, Rudolph, White, Litton, McGough. We have 9 picks and 6 in top 96. I would grab a QB in 2nd and 3rd round. My choice is Falk and Lauletta. Might even bring in McGough in 4-5 round. Might as well get a real up and front look at QB then weed out the losers quick or put them on your practice squad if you like a couple. 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:18 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm lost, so you combine the fact we signed AJ and that some teams signed QB's ahead of us in the draft, that they might not draft a QB anymore... 

Then we'll sit there and let the draft fall to us, then, we throw the ultimate curveball and with QB's sitting there at 12 we go DT or LB?

That's the 2004 draft, no thanks... You go and get the QB, if the QB isn't more valuable than the other positional player you're going to draft, no thanks to that QB. 

If Baker or Allen falls to 12 and that is your guy you take him, you could argue they are "High Value Franchise" types. You don't take Rudolph or Jackson there. Trade up from 22 if you really want one and looks like they will be gone. You have Smith and Edwards plus some good DT there at 12 you get them. 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:29 AM, Lfod said:

I just have this strange feeling that the Bills didn't trade up to #12 to pick at #12. Like they intend to move up as far as they can in the draft to select a QB. I know it sounds dumb but I think the Bills are not done moving up yet. 

Too many needs with limited money. Unless someone really wants Lawson and considers him a late 1st to 2nd value I don't see Bills doing this with QB's available like Rudolph, Falk, Lauletta, Litton, McGough and White. Any of these guys could be Brees, Brady, Wilson, Favre. The talent is there and Lauletta might be one of the smartest football wise in the past 20-30 years.

10 minutes ago, billspro said:

Allen and Jackson are the two prospect that the Bills have been in the least contact with through the predraft process. I actually think they would take Rudolph over both of those guys.

That could be deflection. If you bring in the guy you like 2-3 times sitting at 12 and Miami likes them then you signaling to another team they need to trade up. QB is a position another team could do stupid things to get there guy.

7 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

That could be deflection. If you bring in the guy you like 2-3 times sitting at 12 and Miami likes them then you signaling to another team they need to trade up. QB is a position another team could do stupid things to get there guy.

I doubt it, Beane put a pretty big emphasis on meeting the QBs. 

They have met with Rudolph, Mayfield, and Rosen the most. I would be shocked if we don't end up with one of those three. 

Plain and simple, Lamar Jackson isn’t good enough to make an NFL offense his against NFL defenses! 

He will be a Vick type player, flashes here and there. A couple decent seasons but that’s it...

If McDermott holds true...

Drop back QBs, then it’s Rosen, Allen in round 1. They were both in the 30% under center guys. 

11 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Plain and simple, Lamar Jackson isn’t good enough to make an NFL offense his against NFL defenses! 

He will be a Vick type player, flashes here and there. A couple decent seasons but that’s it...

You have absolutely no way of knowing this.....or even knowing if these other qbs will be any different

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You have absolutely no way of knowing this.....or even knowing if these other qbs will be any different

McNab had all the skills and CAM is a generational type QB. You don't hear anyone saying Jackson is one of those guys. Allen is much more like those two. Jackson is a tall Mike Vick. He might make it but odds are greater he won't. 

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

McNab had all the skills and CAM is a generational type QB. You don't hear anyone saying Jackson is one of those guys. Allen is much more like those two. Jackson is a tall Mike Vick. He might make it but odds are greater he won't. 

And yet guys that were not even picked in the 1st round are starting QBs

I dont care what "anyone" says.....I care what they do when they get to the NFL.

And if for some reason Jackson was actually drafted by the bills we should PRAY that we get a taller Mike Vick.......who basically carried teams with hardly any offensive talent after being a number 1 overall pick.

I think he is def option B.......but this is a strong QB draft and Jackson is a part of it

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And yet guys that were not even picked in the 1st round are starting QBs

I dont care what "anyone" says.....I care what they do when they get to the NFL.

And if for some reason Jackson was actually drafted by the bills we should PRAY that we get a taller Mike Vick.......who basically carried teams with hardly any offensive talent after being a number 1 overall pick.

I think he is def option B.......but this is a strong QB draft and Jackson is a part of it

Well obviously what they do in the NFL is what matters but without a crystal ball we don't know this. The Bills have the analytics and know what there offense might look like next year. We can kind of look at McCarron as the type of QB they are looking for. Obviously they are not going spread or Option with McCarron. Looks like they are a standard under center 3-5 step back maybe West Coast offense. Until we see our receivers it will be hard to envision anything else. One thing I am sure is we don't want a running QB, just did that. 

9 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Well obviously what they do in the NFL is what matters but without a crystal ball we don't know this. The Bills have the analytics and know what there offense might look like next year. We can kind of look at McCarron as the type of QB they are looking for. Obviously they are not going spread or Option with McCarron. Looks like they are a standard under center 3-5 step back maybe West Coast offense. Until we see our receivers it will be hard to envision anything else. One thing I am sure is we don't want a running QB, just did that. 

Being a running qb is not why TT is not here anymore...he is not here because he wouldnt pull the trigger on throwing the ball and was rendered inneffective if kept in the pocket

Since only the lazy people look at Lamar Jackson and see those traits in him just because he has escapability......and I dont consider our bills scouting staff to be lazy I think he might still be in play....I just think he is not the number 1 option....I think they value accuracy first.

59 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Being a running qb is not why TT is not here anymore...he is not here because he wouldnt pull the trigger on throwing the ball and was rendered inneffective if kept in the pocket

Since only the lazy people look at Lamar Jackson and see those traits in him just because he has escapability......and I dont consider our bills scouting staff to be lazy I think he might still be in play....I just think he is not the number 1 option....I think they value accuracy first.

He ran for 1000 yards, that is who he is.

He ran for 1000 yards, that is who he is.

Like I said.....stop with the lazy stat watching and dig deeper

A lot of his runs were on designed runs......not from scrambling out of clean pockets...if anything he hangs in the pocket too long....its on tape...go look at it

I care about passing TDs....which Lamar (especially compared to TT) is extremely productive at

They are NOT the same player

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A lot of his runs were on designed runs......not from scrambling out of clean pockets...if anything he hangs in the pocket too long....its on tape...go look at it

I care about passing TDs....which Lamar (especially compared to TT) is extremely productive at

Jackson is not ultra-cautious with game manager as a ceiling, so as you say, not TT 2.0.  

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes very true, they are not. Tyrod is accurate, doesn't throw INT's, has a winning record in the NFL and yet he isn't good enough. You keep telling me I need to watch tape, I seen enough checking him out online. He doesn't know how to sit under Center, drop back and throw. All QB's that are consistent winners in the NFL can do this. You can't say Lamar can do this so he is at best a huge project. Losman hit 2 80+ yard passes in a Houston game coming from behind. You tell me why Lamar is worth being in Buffalo at 12 and 22, I do not see it.

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

Yes very true, they are not. Tyrod is accurate, doesn't throw INT's, has a winning record in the NFL and yet he isn't good enough. You keep telling me I need to watch tape, I seen enough checking him out online. He doesn't know how to sit under Center, drop back and throw. All QB's that are consistent winners in the NFL can do this. You can't say Lamar can do this so he is at best a huge project. Losman hit 2 80+ yard passes in a Houston game coming from behind. You tell me why Lamar is worth being in Buffalo at 12 and 22, I do not see it.

Baker Mayfield doesnt sit behind center either.....is he also a huge project?

5 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Lot of NFL players think Jackson will be good.  Lots of NFL D coaches don't want him in their division.  I am not certain he will reach his potential.  Maybe he'll bust, but there must be something genuine about his ability for current players and coaches to speak highly of him.  I think he could be good Mike Vick at best.  He does need time.  Not my first or second choice, but I think he's less of a project than you surmise.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Baker Mayfield

Year Team Games Passing Rushing
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yards Y/Att Long TDs Int Sacked Att Yards Avg TD
2013 Texas Tech 8 5 228 340 64.1 2,315 6.8 60 12 9 24 88 190 2.2 3
2015 Oklahoma 13 13 269 395 68.1 3,700 9.4 76 36 7 39 141 405 2.9 7
2016 Oklahoma 13 13 254 358 70.9 3,965 11.1 88 40 8 18 78 177 2.3 6
2017 Oklahoma 13 12 262 369 70.5 4,340 11.5 84 41 5 26 97 311 3.2 5
College Totals 47 43 1,003 1,462 68.6 14,320 9.8 88 129 29 107 404 1,083 2.7 21

Lamar Jackson

NCAA collegiate career statistics
Louisville Cardinals
Season Passing Rushing
Comp Att Pct Yards TD Int Rate Att Yards Avg TD
2015 135 247 54.7 1,840 12 8 126.8 163 960 5.9 11
2016 230 409 56.2 3,543 30 9 148.8 260 1,571 6.0 21
2017 254 430 59.1 3,660 27 10 146.6 232 1,601 6.9 18
NCAA career totals 619 1,086 57.0 9,043 69 27 142.9 655 4,132 6.3 50

1 minute ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Baker Mayfield

Year Team Games Passing Rushing
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yards Y/Att Long TDs Int Sacked Att Yards Avg TD
2013 Texas Tech 8 5 228 340 64.1 2,315 6.8 60 12 9 24 88 190 2.2 3
2015 Oklahoma 13 13 269 395 68.1 3,700 9.4 76 36 7 39 141 405 2.9 7
2016 Oklahoma 13 13 254 358 70.9 3,965 11.1 88 40 8 18 78 177 2.3 6
2017 Oklahoma 13 12 262 369 70.5 4,340 11.5 84 41 5 26 97 311 3.2 5
College Totals 47 43 1,003 1,462 68.6 14,320 9.8 88 129 29 107 404 1,083 2.7 21

Lamar Jackson

NCAA collegiate career statistics
Louisville Cardinals
Season Passing Rushing
Comp Att Pct Yards TD Int Rate Att Yards Avg TD
2015 135 247 54.7 1,840 12 8 126.8 163 960 5.9 11
2016 230 409 56.2 3,543 30 9 148.8 260 1,571 6.0 21
2017 254 430 59.1 3,660 27 10 146.6 232 1,601 6.9 18
NCAA career totals 619 1,086 57.0 9,043 69 27 142.9 655 4,132 6.3 50

I am missing the part where Baker sits behind center

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Neither played under Center your the one trying to compare these QB's. I will take Baker's over Lamar's easily. Lamar is like Allen, inaccurate.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lamar's biggest issue will be his measurements and whether he can withstand NFL punishment. RGIII won't help this outlook. Noone will go out on the line and say this kid has the body for the NFL. Lots of great things to say about him but I have read 10 articles on him and they say he compares with Mike Vick and Randall Cunningham. He has play making ability but no one is sure he will stay healthy and be accurate.

"Lamar Jackson was a hell of a college quarterback, but his ability to read the complex coverage of the NFL a total unknown. And although he was able to rack up some serious numbers at Louisville, his accuracy is also in question. Jackson's not a bad guy, but he's definitely not an NFL-caliber quarterback."

"There is no getting around the fact that Lamar Jackson is rail thin (6-foot-3, 205 pounds, per school measurements). He will have to continue to add more muscle and bulk to his frame. While dialing back his rush attempts can help protect Jackson's lean frame, the hits sustained in the pocket can also be damaging if a quarterback doesn't have the build to absorb those shots. While it hasn't become a problem this season, ball security was a big concern for Jackson last year and will need to be monitored moving forward. There are still some inconsistencies with Jackson's throwing velocity, but that might be something he can improve upon with technique work. From an accuracy standpoint, Jackson has shown improvement, but he still has work to do with his short-throw accuracy. He needs to a better job of leading receivers instead of making them adjust to his throws. It will be interesting to see if Jackson's pocket poise and ability to keep from staring down targets will continue to hold up as teams get more tape on him and adjust their game plans."

"Evaluating Jackson against the NFL standards for the position will cause him to come up short. However, he has rare speed and athleticism and can single-handedly win games. Jackson's accuracy is clearly spotty and teams must decide the level of accuracy they are willing to live with relative to his ability to create explosive plays. Jackson may need to operate in an offense ready to integrate RPOs (run/pass options) along with heavy play-action. Like Deshaun Watson in 2017, Jackson has the ability to counter mental mistakes and turnovers with a high number of explosive, touchdown-making plays. He has star potential, but his success will rest heavily upon his ability to stay healthy."

"The question moving forward will be a matter of whether or not Jackson can bulk up and improve his accuracy.

Only so much can be accomplished in one offseason, but Jackson would benefit greatly from showing signs of improvement in both regards. A sturdier frame will imply that he can remain healthy in the NFL, while improved accuracy will temper some of the concerns about his arm.

Jackson has the raw ability to be one of the best players in the 2018 NFL Draft, but failing to improve in those two areas could severely damage his draft stock."

"Jackson has a ways to go to develop into a consistently accurate passer. He has a bad habit of locking out his front leg, screwing himself into the ground and falling off throws. This dramatically affects his ball placement and touch. He flashes the ability to work to Nos. 2-3 in his progression, but usually if No. 1 isn't there, he looks to run. In his defense, the pass protection at Louisville was terrible at times (see Houston game).

The other major concern about Jackson is his thin frame. He is very wiry and he'll need to add some bulk to withstand a 16-game schedule at the next level. The same things were said about Deshaun Watson early in his college career. He packed on plenty of bulk before leaving Clemson and hopefully Jackson will do the same."

30 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Neither played under Center your the one trying to compare these QB's. I will take Baker's over Lamar's easily. Lamar is like Allen, inaccurate.

Excuse me but YOU brought up the under center part.  I stated that they dont...it has absolutely nothing with productivity between the two as the offenses are different...if anything you could say that Lamar plays in a more pro ready style offense of the two.

But I dont hear you bitching about Baker Mayfield not playing under center...it seems to only be a thing with Lamar.

My first choice is Rosen......of course its gonna cost a mint to get there.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Excuse me but YOU brought up the under center part.  I stated that they dont...it has absolutely nothing with productivity between the two as the offenses are different...if anything you could say that Lamar plays in a more pro ready style offense of the two.

But I dont hear you bitching about Baker Mayfield not playing under center...it seems to only be a thing with Lamar.

My first choice is Rosen......of course its gonna cost a mint to get there.

Baker at least played the spread in shotgun and threw allot for good completion percentage, just as accurate on the run throwing. Has good size and weight for being 6'. Great yards/ catch, High TD to Int ratio, High IQ for football, Spread is used in the NFL, not many teams play the Option. Kelly played allot of spread and did shotgun, Thurman was awesome with those delayed handoffs out of that formation, see McCoy doing the same. Also no one is saying Baker can't play under center or in the pocket. Young, Elway, Favre, Rodgers all move around allot. Jackson is a GREAT athlete but at 6'3" and 200lbs and has extremely thin legs. Seems a stretch for the first round, 2-3 worth the risk.

9 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Baker at least played the spread in shotgun and threw allot for good completion percentage, just as accurate on the run throwing. Has good size and weight for being 6'. Great yards/ catch, High TD to Int ratio, High IQ for football, Spread is used in the NFL, not many teams play the Option. Kelly played allot of spread and did shotgun, Thurman was awesome with those delayed handoffs out of that formation, see McCoy doing the same. Also no one is saying Baker can't play under center or in the pocket. Young, Elway, Favre, Rodgers all move around allot. Jackson is a GREAT athlete but at 6'3" and 200lbs and has extremely thin legs. Seems a stretch for the first round, 2-3 worth the risk.

Congrats....you have managed to cover every paroted perceived weakness of Lamar Jackson while managing to avoid every perceived weakness of the QB you are championing.......you probably thought nobody noticed that.

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Congrats....you have managed to cover every paroted perceived weakness of Lamar Jackson while managing to avoid every perceived weakness of the QB you are championing.......you probably thought nobody noticed that.

John, you brought up Lamar, I said he wasn't good enough, doesn't play under center. You brought up Baker doesn't play under center so I showed you Baker and Lamar's stats and why they are different. I never brought up Baker is the guy I want picked. actually if you go back to the beginning you will see I am perfectly OK with McCarron and would like Bills to get Lauletta before NE gets him at 53 (way higher than projected but this kid is good), also suggested a strong arm candidate in Falk with 166 pick. One of McCarron, Peterman, Lauletta and Falk are bound to step out as the guy next 2 years. If not pick another next year 1-3 rounds. Keep a good number on your roster or practice squad till you get this right.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

John, you brought up Lamar, I said he wasn't good enough, doesn't play under center. You brought up Baker doesn't play under center so I showed you Baker and Lamar's stats and why they are different. I never brought up Baker is the guy I want picked. actually if you go back to the beginning you will see I am perfectly OK with McCarron and would like Bills to get Lauletta before NE gets him at 53 (way higher than projected but this kid is good), also suggested a strong arm candidate in Falk with 166 pick. One of McCarron, Peterman, Lauletta and Falk are bound to step out as the guy next 2 years. If not pick another next year 1-3 rounds. Keep a good number on your roster or practice squad till you get this right.

If this team is going to improve then the quality of the QBs has to improve.

I am a Rosen guy.....but I like a guy who improved every year of college as a plan B pick.

without knowing who is on the board, and assuming the big 4 are all gone...i will say mason rudolph. his stature, production, and character all seem to be in line with what this staff is looking for in a qb. he is also described as intelligent and coachable, and i believe he is a faith based guy as well. he seems to fit in the room, he is a pocket passer,  and he is far from flashy or exciting. these things all lead me here. but...i could be way off on this.

I think the reason their not going to select Jackson is by their actions. They met with Jackson at the combine but haven’t had him come in for a visit to the facility or privately worked him out etc. 

On the the other hand the Bills have met with Rosen, Mayfield, and Rudolph. 3 guys that have been talked about as being within the Bills range at 12. There was an article today, I can’t remember where that said Rosen is dropping in the lead up to the draft(obviously could be false).

I think the Bills haven’t privately met with Darnold and Allen because those 2 guys are out of their range. I think they have been told by teams at the top it’s not happening. 

On 3/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

Why would beane do all this work over the last year for the long game only to stop at 12 and not guarantee they get their man. 

Dont be foolish, OP. 

Stan; I get your argument that the work is not done until they get their guy, however we are all assuming who ¨their guy¨ is, so we have a bunch of  different opinions here..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

If this team is going to improve then the quality of the QBs has to improve.

I am a Rosen guy.....but I like a guy who improved every year of college as a plan B pick.

100% but what do you think of McCarron? We do need 2 more QB's for camp one way or another because you have Primary and secondary offense and defense. Competition is best and may the best player win. We need 2-3 LB's too, especially middle and at least 2 WR's. Would love to move up for Darnold or Rosen but it would ruin what the Bills did in the offseason. They can be pretty good if they fill a few holes. I am pretty sure McCarron is starting unless someone really surprises everyone.

1 hour ago, swnybillsfan said:

without knowing who is on the board, and assuming the big 4 are all gone...i will say mason rudolph. his stature, production, and character all seem to be in line with what this staff is looking for in a qb. he is also described as intelligent and coachable, and i believe he is a faith based guy as well. he seems to fit in the room, he is a pocket passer,  and he is far from flashy or exciting. these things all lead me here. but...i could be way off on this.

Just not at 12

22 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Stan; I get your argument that the work is not done until they get their guy, however we are all assuming who ¨their guy¨ is, so we have a bunch of  different opinions here..

22 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

There guy at 12 could be Smith or Edmunds at MLB. That is a huge need of theirs and limited at 21 or 22 at the time to Evans or Esch. I haven't even seen Bill bring in Evans. 

1 minute ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

YOU'RE

Damn spell check changed it, lol.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Please don't compare Mayfield to Jackson completely different players.  I realize u were trying to make a pt but its just not fair to Mayfield he's a top notch passer that's so accurate he hardly misses his target. 

Btw i got something for your argument.  QB'S have passed the ball from shotgun over 80% of the time last yr. 

10 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Please don't compare Mayfield to Jackson completely different players.  I realize u were trying to make a pt but its just not fair to Mayfield he's a top notch passer that's so accurate he hardly misses his target. 

Btw i got something for your argument.  QB'S have passed the ball from shotgun over 80% of the time last yr. 

I think Mayfield is a outstanding player (he may end up being out of our reach)

This was in response to the poster's complaint that Jackson doesnt work from behind center (even though he runs a pro style offense)

• 3 weeks later...

I now believe Buffalo with the 12th pick grabs Rudolph. Darnold is gone at 1st pick, no way Cleveland takes a chance like Manziel. Baker has too many questions at 1st overall. Jets get Rosen or Allen. Bills are serious and want 1st round talent that is Rudolph, he has really no issues and allot of production. Soft touch can be taught. He is a outstanding individual and very smart.

Edited by USABuffaloFan