Moving to #4

42Knuck

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

Rolling the trade that already happened with the trade that could maybe, possibly happened was a very effective way to.....muddy the entire picture. 

I know right!?! That's what makes it so interesting, and fun.  But, why not.  I know the the straight up trade value of picks for picks does not seem like enough for #4, but the Taylor addition might be enough to tip the scale?  

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We also moved down further last year, to 27. I know there is a chart, but I don’t use it :)

I hear ya.  I just think that we’re going to have to pay a premium this year.  It seems like a ots of the teams that need QBs are ready to do what it takes to secure one. Is everyone going to wait til next year?  Is Case Keenum a better option than any of those top 3 maybe 4 qb prospects?  These QBs in the draft should be in high demand.  The teams sitting in the postion to trade down out of those spots need lots of help.  If they were smart, they’d take advantage of all these qb hungry teams.  While some GMs aren’t good GMs, I believe almost all (if not all) of the GMs are to be considered smart.  I’d be looking for a ransom if I were these teams on top of the board 

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We also moved down further last year, to 27. I know there is a chart, but I don’t use it :)

The Jimmy Johnson chart is not the one to focus on anymore anyway. Based on actual trades over the past 5 years teams have pretty much moved on from it. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I just think that we’re going to have to pay a premium this year.  It seems like a ots of the teams that need QBs are ready to do what it takes to secure one. Is everyone going to wait til next year?  Is Case Keenum a better option than any of those top 3 maybe 4 qb prospects?  These QBs in the draft should be in high demand.  The teams sitting in the postion to trade down out of those spots need lots of help.  If they were smart, they’d take advantage of all these qb hungry teams.  While some GMs aren’t good GMs, I believe almost all (if not all) of the GMs are to be considered smart.  I’d be looking for a ransom if I were these teams on top of the board 

The things is I only see two teams that need to trade up. Buffalo and Arizona. The Browns, Broncos and Jets are all in pretty good spots to make sure they get a top prospect.

My opinion is, the Giants, colts and browns GMs going to tell the the Bills, broncos, jets, cardinals and anyone calling about trading up, that all the other teams are trying to trade up with them.  That puts the jets and broncos in a precarious postion.  There’s a good chance, they’ve identified the guy they want.  If not yet, come draft, there will be QBs that these guys want and QBs that they’re so so on (most likely).  In order to get the guy they want, the jets and broncos may have to move up as well.  With the top 4 picks up for grabs, someone’s gonna come a ringing.  Imo anyways.  We will see soon enough.  This is pretty exciting.  Who’s it gonna be?  I think we want Rosen.  He’s the most ready and polished atm imo,

2 hours ago, 42Knuck said:

The deal for Taylor was a great deal, but it's not over yet, and here's why. 

The Bills and Browns will announce a trade for the #4 come draft day.  This deal was already made.  The Bills will give up Taylor, picks 21 and 22, plus the third round pick they already had.  In exchange, they get the #4 overall, plus #65, and pick up $10M in Cap space.  This is a win for both teams. 

Bills will have 4 picks in the top 65.  Get to take a top QB in the draft.  Have cap space to go get a decent veteran QB, while still getting maybe 3 more quality vets  in FA. That leaves them able to get as many as 6 more quality players to fill gaps in both lines, LB and DB. Plus they can use their late round picks to get some developmental players at RB and DL.  

The Browns can get their future QB at #1, with this deal they get two more first round picks to go after more talent, which they desperately need.  Plus they get a good QB is Taylor to help mentor the new guys. 

So let it be written, so let it be done.  :o

Miss Cleo has a truckload of multi's on this board.

2 hours ago, 42Knuck said:

The deal for Taylor was a great deal, but it's not over yet, and here's why. 

The Bills and Browns will announce a trade for the #4 come draft day.  This deal was already made.  The Bills will give up Taylor, picks 21 and 22, plus the third round pick they already had.  In exchange, they get the #4 overall, plus #65, and pick up $10M in Cap space.  This is a win for both teams. 

Bills will have 4 picks in the top 65.  Get to take a top QB in the draft.  Have cap space to go get a decent veteran QB, while still getting maybe 3 more quality vets  in FA. That leaves them able to get as many as 6 more quality players to fill gaps in both lines, LB and DB. Plus they can use their late round picks to get some developmental players at RB and DL.  

The Browns can get their future QB at #1, with this deal they get two more first round picks to go after more talent, which they desperately need.  Plus they get a good QB is Taylor to help mentor the new guys. 

So let it be written, so let it be done.  :o

they are taking Barkley with the first pick.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Then why not hold back the entire deal?

My not be possible due to TT contract, but that’s just a guess.  Or the deal could be contingent on something else happening.

Edited by mannc

5 hours ago, 42Knuck said:

I dunno, maybe so they could move TT over now so he can start getting acclimated, and the Bills don't want others to know what their planning yet?  Strategery. 

Darn, didn't know that was important. 

Right.  Good scenario.  

Hey New Guy:  I never questioned your credibility because I got that you were just spouting off like every other TBD poster.  No worries.  BTW - I hope you're right!!

I'm looking into my crystal ball. It says the Browns sell #1 and the Giants sell #2. Browns suck and they know it. They took Tyrod for a 3rd round pick. They are in full panic mode. They actually really wanna be us. That #1 is ours already. They don't believe they will pick the right QB anyway because they suck. So at least they can pick a QB at #4 with even more draft capital. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kwai San said:

This off season, free agency and draft.......

CAN.  NOT.  GET.  OVER.  WITH.  SOON.  ENOUGH!

There are some really good threads with opinions and info....just not this one

• Like (+1) 1