Report: Cousins to Vikings 27 Million per

Called this one back when Dunkirk was still feeding lies to the people like Jello shots at Happy Hour. Minnesota has always made the most sense from a team standpoint and they had the available $$$. 

5 hours ago, jdonley1180 said:

I just don't get it.... am I crazy? The Vikings have 3 serviceable QB's and Keenum literally caught fire in there system. Yet they're the team that signs the top QB in free agency..??

They obviously don't think any of them are long term..who wants a serviceable QB?

Edited by nucci

7 hours ago, Buddo said:

There's nothing at all in that article, that is any sort of evidence for 'tampering'. Let alone proof.

At this stage of the build up to FA, there probably isn't a team in the NFL, who actually isn't guilty of 'tampering', as they will all have their targets, and they will all know already a rough figure, as to what it is going to cost, to get them.

The NFL turns a blind eye to this behaviour, on two counts, one of which is how difficult it would be to get good evidence of 'tampering' taking place, and the other is that it serves their business well, by being able to have big 'splashes' all over the league, within a few minutes of FA opening.

As others have pointed out though, it would be nice if they could manage to match the rules, to reality.

Your forgetting about the legal rights of Washington. That is why they allow negotiations before signing in this free agency, to stop this nonsense. 

5 hours ago, jdonley1180 said:

I just don't get it.... am I crazy? The Vikings have 3 serviceable QB's and Keenum literally caught fire in there system. Yet they're the team that signs the top QB in free agency..??

They won't have 3 QB's next Wednesday.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Wait, I thought Cousins was going to Denver?

Wait, I thought Cousins was going to the Jets?

Wait, I thought Cousins was going to Arizona?

Oh well

Buffalo is really the only team that can go for Cousins and not jeopardize their team this year. They have crazy money to fit all this in next year and are loaded with 6 top picks to draft all needs. Buffalo has enough cap space this year to sign Cousins and only Cousins if wanted. Do a 6 year 180 million contract with 40 million signing bonus and a roster bonus of 30 million next year. First year of salaries is low with 10$ this year, signing bonus goes over the 6 years. Next years cap space takes the largest hit with Roster bonus of $30mil, $20 mil salary and $7 mil in signing bonus. We have a project cap available at $80 mil so $57 mil can go hit that. The last 4 years of the contract are $20mil each. with $7 mil signing bonus attached. $27 mill average is cheap by then, cap will be well over $200 mil. Averages $30mil with 1st year getting $17 mil but paying Cousins $50 mil, 2nd year counts $57 mil but pays $50mil, that is the guarantee portion of $100mil. Last 4 years all even with cap hits of $27 mil but $20 mil paid out meaning more cash to sign our free agents. Buffalo keeps all picks so in 4 years we can pay our guys. We still have $10-15 mil to fill holes with cuts after draft and camp. Cousins isn't worth $30/mil a year but Taylor isn't worth $18 mil either. Fitz wasn't worth the $15mil. Cousins can throw, we have McCoy for 2-3 more years, probably next year will be his peak with a good line. Go for it!!!! Why not we have 8 picks NOT TO WASTE!

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

When you have three quarterbacks, you don't have one quarterback. MN likely wants to move on with a single signal called, remove any hypotheticals or "what if we would haves" they are built to win now, with so many tremendous defensive players, many still on rookie deals 

The three QBs were a former 1st overall pick (not by them) who hasn't made it through a season without ending up on IR, a young QB who hasn't started in almost 2 years after having an injury that almost was a career ender, and a career backup who had one good season for them last year. They want an upgrade to win now while they can so they are going to grab the top veteran  QB available who's an upgrade over all 3 of the guys they have on the roster

33 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The three QBs were a former 1st overall pick (not by them) who hasn't made it through a season without ending up on IR, a young QB who hasn't started in almost 2 years after having an injury that almost was a career ender, and a career backup who had one good season for them last year. They want an upgrade to win now while they can so they are going to grab the top veteran  QB available who's an upgrade over all 3 of the guys they have on the roster

I was arguing the same thing.

People seem to be into reading and deciphering tweets to figure out where players are going.  Cousins last tweet is

5aa5cd725e468_ScreenShot2018-03-11at8_43_45PM.thumb.png.9fbb70a8d318b58a791907dee6864c03.png

I think this means Cousins wants the best cookies.  According to Google the best cookies in America are in Brooklyn.  Cousins is going to the Jets.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, Zebrastripes said:

So if this comes true Jimmy G would be making more then Cousins.  Crazy who woulda thought?

I think Jimmy G is going to be a top 3 QB, we dodged a major bullet that NE traded him for so little. For FFL purposes draft Goodwin in the 5 rd.