....What about QB in 2019?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

In my mind this questin needs to be asked.

The QBs that will be available at 21......where do we think they will be drafted in NEXT year's draft.......

I think Lamar Jackson is a top QB prospect in next years draft

Why wait for next year what we can get at 21 this year and have the extra pick?

This is a great way to look at it.  .....but it depends also on what you think of Jackson...he WOULD be the best in the class...I'm still very unsure about what I think of him....but if your front office grades him as EJ Manual...even if he is the best of the class....that isn't a class you want any part of....if he's Mike Vick, Cam Newton or something good or better than that..you'd be all over it...NOW while you can get him.  I can't wait for this draft....NFL=CRACK.  ....and still hoping this works out for you guys...Would love to see the trade be a "win-win" for everyone.  They are the best kind of deals.  

9 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

This is a great way to look at it.  .....but it depends also on what you think of Jackson...he WOULD be the best in the class...I'm still very unsure about what I think of him....but if your front office grades him as EJ Manual...even if he is the best of the class....that isn't a class you want any part of....if he's Mike Vick, Cam Newton or something good or better than that..you'd be all over it...NOW while you can get him.  I can't wait for this draft....NFL=CRACK.  ....and still hoping this works out for you guys...Would love to see the trade be a "win-win" for everyone.  They are the best kind of deals.  

Comparisons to Mike Vick run deep

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Comparisons to Mike Vick run deep

Well....if he is Vick...that's worthwhile.  If he's Geno Smith...not so much.  I don't think he's accurate enough to win consistantly in the NFL....I would not draft him in round 1.  (I have the same concern for Allen)

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

And what QBs are coming out then?

This year has two guys that will cost a thousand picks if we could even make a move, a shrimpy punk that will cost a lot, Kyle Boller and some risks.  Take a risk?  Sure.  But nobody should have a cow if McD passes on Jackon/Rudolph/Aloha or whatever his name is/White.

Trade a 2039 6th for Cook?

7 hours ago, sven233 said:

What about 2020?

What about 2021?

What about 2022?

What about 2023?

What about 2024?

What about 2025?

What about 2026?

What about 2027?

What about 2028?

What about 2029?

What about 2030?

Look, I know at the very end of your post you said we should draft one this year instead of waiting, but to even suggest waiting is an option is awful.  But, I know that there are still a few of thise people out there that just want to use our picks and wait yet another year or 2 for a QB.

Why can't these realize you can't keep kicking the most important position in sports down the road every single year?  Do you ever want to win anything? It's time to start raising expectations around here!  Stop settling for below average to average and start expecting to win and compete for Super Bowl Championships!!!!!

We've waited 20 years to find our next franchise QB and trying to build a team around a below average to average QBs to try and win and what has that gotten us?  A 17 year Playoff drought.  How about trying something crazy like getting the 1 player on the field that matters the most and then fill in around that guy?  

Stop putting everything off!  Whatever it takes for Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield! It's time to take a swing and get a franchise guy in here.  If you swing this year and knock it out of the park, we are set to compete for Championships for years to come.  And you know what happens if the guy we get turns out to not be good enough?  There's a Draft every single year and you get to try again!  FIND THE FRANCHISE QB AT ALL COSTS AND START EXPECTING TO WIN AGAIN!!!!

Why not just do whatever it takes to trade for Wentz?  Because if 3 teams at the top are as committed to those guys as it seems, getting Wentz is equally realistic.  

Just now, T-Bomb said:

What if Beane can't find a trading partner? Is that his failure?

To me - yes it is.  If he doesn't feel good enough about a Jackson or Rudolph to hang fire and possibly take them at 21 then he has to do everything in his power to get one of the guys he does feel good about even if it is a high cost.  I don't think it is a cost that is prohibitive when we have a free additional 1st this year to chuck in.  

If he feels good enough about those two to sit and take one at 21 then I will say fair enough.  But if he doesn't execute a trade up and then passes on what is left at 21 then in my mind they have mishandled this draft.  This draft to me is all about getting their Quarterback.  Otherwise you are going to be year 3 of a new regime without having had the Quarterback you are pinning your hopes to having taken a single snap. That is how regimes fail - when they don't address the biggest question on the field.  

If he decides to hand fire and 6 Quarterbacks (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph) are ALL gone before 21 I might have a little sympathy.  But not much.  

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To me - yes it is.  If he doesn't feel good enough about a Jackson or Rudolph to hang fire and possibly take them at 21 then he has to do everything in his power to get one of the guys he does feel good about even if it is a high cost.  I don't think it is a cost that is prohibitive when we have a free additional 1st this year to chuck in.  

If he feels good enough about those two to sit and take one at 21 then I will say fair enough.  But if he doesn't execute a trade up and then passes on what is left at 21 then in my mind they have mishandled this draft.  This draft to me is all about getting their Quarterback.  Otherwise you are going to be year 3 of a new regime without having had the Quarterback you are pinning your hopes to having taken a single snap. That is how regimes fail - when they don't address the biggest question on the field.  

If he decides to hand fire and 6 Quarterbacks (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph) are ALL gone before 21 I might have a little sympathy.  But not much.  

It is clear that Allen is Kyle Boller part two.  What if Beane sees fatal flaws I'm Jackson and Rudolph that are proven to be true over time.  Wouldn't you rather that some other team got saddled with that?  I'm not saying those flaws are there, just that our evaluators after there to evaluate reality, not unicorns and lollipops.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

And what QBs are coming out then?

IMO, it doesn't matter.  If you can't get the QB you like/want, then you pass and try again the next year.  If you take a first round QB, you are basically prevented from taking another first round QB in the next four years whether he's a hit or a miss, so make the right pick.  Only in rare cases (like Manziel) is a team going to give up on a first round QB within a year or two.  

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

are these british quotes or something? at first I thought "typo" and moved along but then you did it again lol....what the hell do they mean???

3 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Not saying he is, but he could be.

is it his infant arm that makes you think that? his penchant for throwing INTs? 

Peterman is 100% NOT the answer, nor will he ever be...unless the question is "who should our 3rd string QB be", and even then, I would look long and hard at a list of street FAs to replace him with

Edited by PaattMaann

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

are these british quotes or something? at first I thought "type" and moved along but then you did it again lol....what the hell do they mean???

is it his infant arm that makes you think that? his penchant for throwing INTs? 

Peterman is 100% NOT the answer, nor will he ever be...unless the question is "who should our 3rd string QB be", and even then, I would look long and hard at a list of street FAs to replace him with

One season doesn't make a career.

this group of QB's has been on everyone's radar for the past 2-3 yrs.  everyone has been looking forward to this draft.  THIS is the year to get a QB.  there are 0 guys on that radar for next year.  every so often there are guys that come out of nowhere and shoot up the draft board like Trubisky but that isn't a sure thing.  if Dru Lock came out this year he would have been a 3rd or 4th rounder and he's probably the top guy next year, which is embarrassing.  next year will probably be like the EJ draft where there are no good players so do you really want to chance it and wait?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

One season doesn't make a career.

I am basing the Nate Peterman Sucks mantra on him actually sucking, not based on one season. My wife can literally throw a ball with more velocity than baby arm nate, he doesn't have the physical attributes to even hold a clipboard. 

If this FO, or any other, ever go in with him being any type of legitimate option to start at QB, they need to be fired. 

Edited by PaattMaann

29 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

are these british quotes or something? at first I thought "typo" and moved along but then you did it again lol....what the hell do they mean???

Yea it is "hang fire" the second one was a typo. It means hold back. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea it is "hang fire" the second one was a typo. It means hold back. 

interesting. I've heard "hang tight" or "hold tight"....what is the origin of "hang fire"? like as in, dont shoot? So like "hold fire"? 

TRULY not poking fun but am curious to the colloquialism