Joe B's Ranking of the Top Five QBs for the Bills

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Rosen and Darnold are skinnier than Lamar.

Darnold isn't.  He's got some bulk on his frame.  Just watch his 40 and you can see some bulk.  BTW I wouldn't classify Jackson as skinny.  He just has a low bodyfat %.  I like what Ozzie Newsome said about Lamar.  "He's a QB on our board."

6 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Darnold isn't.  He's got some bulk on his frame.  Just watch his 40 and you can see some bulk.  BTW I wouldn't classify Jackson as skinny.  He just has a low bodyfat %.  I like what Ozzie Newsome said about Lamar.  "He's a QB on our board."

Based on the Combine measurements, his BMI suggests he's relatively skinnier.

Edited by DCOrange

Just now, DCOrange said:

Based on the Combine measurements, he is.

To me skinny is based on eye test, not numbers.  Same thing with Fat.  I can look at numbers all day, but I need to see the frame.  I don't consider Darnold or Jackson skinny.  They have muscle on their frame.  Jackson more so.  Rosen, who I like most at QB does look skinny because he doesn't have a lot of muscle mass and so even though he weighs more, he looks skinnier than Jackson and Darnold.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

How 'bout never? Is that soon enuf for you?

You seem pretty worked up about this lol.  Listen, Jackson isn't good at hitting open receivers in college.  What makes people think that he is all of a sudden going to become better at that when the windows are much smaller in the NFL?  There are a lot of people on this board championing Jackson, and I would be willing to bet 90% of them have never watched one full game of his.  I have watched plenty and he is not a very good passer, plain and simple.  Also anyone who thinks Jackson would be a better fit with the Bills than Mayfield, whether it be someone on this board or Joe B., they are !@#$ing clueless.  Mayfield would be the better QB for the Bills or any other team because he is simply a far better passer and quarterback.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You seem pretty worked up about this lol.  Listen, Jackson isn't good at hitting open receivers in college.  What makes people think that he is all of a sudden going to become better at that when the windows are much smaller in the NFL?  There are a lot of people on this board championing Jackson, and I would be willing to bet 90% of them have never watched one full game of his.  I have watched plenty and he is not a very good passer, plain and simple.  Also anyone who thinks Jackson would be a better fit with the Bills than Mayfield, whether it be someone on this board or Joe B., they are !@#$ing clueless.  Mayfield would be the better QB for the Bills or any other team because he is simply a far better passer and quarterback.

Nah I'm not worked up at all. JMO.

Sounds like you've seen more of Lamar than I have, so I do credit your opinion for that. 

I've seen enuf to know that accuracy is an issue and I agree that right now he is not the passer Baker Mayfield is. So there is that.

Where we probably differ is on how he projects and how likely he is to develop as a pocket passer. To me his inaccuracy is 100% attributable to a mechanical and specifically a footwork problem. His stance is too narrow at times (less than shoulder width), shoulders/hips not always properly aligned with the target, and he has a tendency to push off his front foot instead of transferring his weight properly through his delivery - resulting in overthrows. To me this flaw is extremely fixable with coaching and if you believe that the sky is the limit for this kid as the total package and lynch pin of an innovative and productive offence. I also rely on the  upward trajectory his development has shown as a passer, a trend that I think is likely to continue at the next level. He looks to me like somebody who is willing to put the work in.

Im not married to one QB type over another. My #1 prospect is Rosen. But if I had to chose between Mayfield and Mike Vick, I'd pick Mike Vick. Not that I don't like Mayfield. He's a good prospect too and I wouldn't be disappointed if he was the pick.

2 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

...reminds me of Big Ben.....his 40 time was 4.75.................

BAKER MAYFIELD: "THE PASSION I BRING IS INFECTIOUS" (4:05)
Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield talked to the media on Friday at the Combine in Indianapolis.

JOSH ROSEN: "I THINK I'M THE BEST QB HERE" (4:41)
UCLA QB Josh Rosen talked to the media at the combine in Indianapolis.

SAM DARNOLD: "I'M ALWAYS ACCEPTING OF A CHALLENGE" (4:10)
USC Quarterback Sam Darnold talked to the media at the combine in Indianapolis.

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think in the end it will be the right decision to move up big for a QB if internally the team likes a guy. Give me Rosen as he is by far the most complete passer, a QB having a personality isn't an issue for me since I think for once we have a coach that has established a culture that could handle such a QB. Make a big move, that's why you traded down last year and traded Sammy for more draft capital. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2018 at 1:37 PM, JaCrispy said:

Mayfield

Rosen

Darnold

Jackson

No Allen!!!

Im right there with you breh.

People pining for Allen in Buffalo makes me wanna vomit in a bag, eat it, then vomit it back into the same bag. Hopefully the Browns mes up and draft Allen at #1 or #4

5 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think it is in Jacksons best interest to make the switch to WR as soon as possible. He is way to lanky, I see him breaking like a tooth pick from getting hit in the pocket or trying to get those few extra yards and getting crushed. The rules protecting QB's in the NFL is for pocket QB's, do you really think Brady would still be playing right now if he was getting pounded into the ground like a RB. Polian is 100% right that Lamar Jackson should be a WR in the NFL, if you take away his athletic ability he is just a below average passer with poor field vision and below average accuracy.

Seems to me that WRs take a bigger beat down than QBs and often while prone in the air.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When I read "you wonder if you can teach that player to harness the ability, work on his accuracy, and make sound decisions with more regularity" that does not sound like a 1st round pick to me, let alone someone to trade up for.

When I read this it reminds of the guy we already have.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

When I read this it reminds of the guy we already have.

Except for the 6'5" and the howitzer arm thing.  I was thinking more like the last 1st round pick we made, EJM

34 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Seems to me that WRs take a bigger beat down than QBs and often while prone in the air.

Yes (not sure about the prone usage, but I get your point)

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

JOSH ROSEN: "I THINK I'M THE BEST QB HERE" (4:41)
UCLA QB Josh Rosen talked to the media at the combine in Indianapolis.

I wish I could have heard the question he was responding to.  I liked the rest of the answer though, which was to the effect we're all competitors and he thinks every QB here should have the same opinion.

LOL at the bit where someone asked him what he attributes his accuracy to, and he said his parents told him coming into his crib room was dangerous 'cuz bottles would come flying out of nowhere but the ending 'kind of an ability I was blessed with' was nice.

Does anyone else think that Rosen's face looks as though it was assembled from surplus parts?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/2/2018 at 1:37 PM, JaCrispy said:

Mayfield

Rosen

Darnold

Jackson

No Allen!!!

Thank you .

I'd drop Jackson too,  inconsistent from the pocket, can't have great throws one minutes then ducks the next.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: He got a TV gig that gives him greater visibility and probably more income. He's 100% correct about Rosen. 

True but Mayfield last? That is retarded.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: He got a TV gig that gives him greater visibility and probably more income. He's 100% correct about Rosen. 

Yes, he did but talk about a face assembled from "surplus parts" lol. Guy truly has a face for radio, as the old saying goes. I can't argue with Rosen at number one, but the order of his remaining list is off imo.