LSU WR DJ Chark - a player to keep an eye on (Update: Pre-draft visit 4/9)

13 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I really like Chark and Cedrick Wilson as WR's... However, Danny Etling, and Brett Rypien deserve at least some rcognition for this production as well...

Etling, IMO, is a day-3 steal in this draft.. Rypien, is playing another year at BSU, but the kid has played some great football.

Etling couldn’t play in the CFL. He is AWFUL. I would rather use a draft pick on Taro Tsujimoto than Etling.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Etling couldn’t play in the CFL. He is AWFUL. I would rather use a draft pick on Taro Tsujimoto than Etling.

Awful is complete exaggeration but whatever.. Kid played in a RB focused, pro-style offense at LSU... Didn't throw a lot... No real eye-popping stats.

Seems mature and focused... I'd like to see how he does at the combine.

17 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Awful is complete exaggeration but whatever.. Kid played in a RB focused, pro-style offense at LSU... Didn't throw a lot... No real eye-popping stats.

Seems mature and focused... I'd like to see how he does at the combine.

I’ve seen every snap that he’s taken (at least at LSU). He’s awful and that’s being generous. Etling has to have pictures on someone to get a combine invite. It’s a joke.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve seen every snap that he’s taken (at least at LSU). He’s awful and that’s being generous. Etling has to have pictures on someone to get a combine invite. It’s a joke.

Played good enough for somebody to make him a starting SEC QB...  -And get a combine invite, despite you protests....  60% completion percentage and only 2 picks his senior year... Yah, -you're definitely exaggerating.

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

Played good enough for somebody to make him a starting SEC QB...  -And get a combine invite, despite you protests....  60% completion percentage and only 2 picks his senior year... Yah, -you're definitely exaggerating.

I doubt there is a person on this board more familiar with Etling than I am. I go to about half of the LSU games, am a member on Tigerdroppings, listen to the Baton Rouge sports talk and know hundreds of alums. I see a TON of LSU. He is complete and utter trash. He couldn’t play at Purdue and that’s why he transferred. He sucked at LSU and has ZERO business being at the combine. It’s laughable. I don’t care how many picks he has; he’s awful. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I doubt there is a person on this board more familiar with Etling than I am. I go to about half of the LSU games, am a member on Tigerdroppings, listen to the Baton Rouge sports talk and know hundreds of alums. I see a TON of LSU. He is complete and utter trash. He couldn’t play at Purdue and that’s why he transferred. He sucked at LSU and has ZERO business being at the combine. It’s laughable. I don’t care how many picks he has; he’s awful. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So... a kid who couldn't play for a big 10 doormat,  can START in the SEC? -Doesn't make any sense... Not doubting your creds, but something's missing.

-Gonna need to check out his combine.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

So... a kid who couldn't play for a big 10 doormat,  can START in the SEC? -Doesn't make any sense... Not doubting your creds, but something's missing.

-Gonna need to check out his combine.

Yeah, he was third on Purdue’s depth chart so he transferred. He got a chance to play at LSU because Harris was worse (and Jennings before that). The kid coming up now, Brennan, will be a player. LSU is a weird case. They have tons of talent (always) and can’t ever find a QB. 

Chark and Guice are going to be good pros imo. There is a kid there now, Devin White (LB) that will be a star in the NFL. He’s 260 and runs 4.5ish. Put that guy on your radar. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What’s up brother! I also meet that criteria. LSU season ticket holder, 8,000+ posts on TD, listen to Mascona, Hanigriff, etc. and I agree 110% on Etling. The fact that he’s there and not Lacatoure or Gilmore is dumb!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...was LSU the alma mater of Josh Reed?.......despite his faults, he was a pretty tough kid if I remember correctly.....................

Yes and he was tough.  He became a fan whipping boy here, but he had a decent career.