1st Round Trade DOWN?

nikuman

Every single discussion of a 1st round trade that I've seen out there has the Bills moving up in the first round.  But given the number of holes we have to fill, I think we pick at #21 then see if there's anyone who wants to move up for the #22 pick.  Based on the value chart, it looks like we could pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick by dropping back 10-15 places.  Arguments for or against?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nikuman said:

Every single discussion of a 1st round trade that I've seen out there has the Bills moving up in the first round.  But given the number of holes we have to fill, I think we pick at #21 then see if there's anyone who wants to move up for the #22 pick.  Based on the value chart, it looks like we could pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick by dropping back 10-15 places.  Arguments for or against?

I'd rather move up for Rosen then get and extra pick this year.

That being said if the draft plays out certain ways we could conceivably do both. If we can't find a trade partner that will take our offer is move 21 and a 2 to possibly slide up and grab Vita Vea. Then I'd look to move 22 and get that 2nd we gave up to grab Vea or some other picks back. The focus for QB would then be on Falk/Lauletta/White unless Jackson fell back into our lap.

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, nikuman said:

You think we'd have to go as high as 13 to get Vea?

Yes, and if he shows well at the combine/pro days wouldn't shock me to see in go a smidge higher than that.

Aside from a QB I feel like the thing we HAVE to upgrade is the run defense. That Saints game still gives me nightmares. If we can't upgrade our number one need, move on and upgrade number 2. Vea would do that.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

We need to upgrade  QB, DT, DE, LB, RB, WR,  C, G, T  Great players are found every round, not just the first. 

Think you got it all covered?  5 picks in 1st 3 rounds should get some good players. I didn't say anything about just the 1st round for great players

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

We need to upgrade  QB, DT, DE, LB, RB, WR,  C, G, T  Great players are found every round, not just the first. 

We do but we need a QB most of all.  They will focus on that this year, they will patch some more holes with vet FAs like Davis on short term deals and they will draft in some of their positions of need that are deeper in this class - DT, LB, RB... possibly interior O-line though after the 3rd I think the depth there disappears quite quickly.  This isn't a draft in which to be chasing WRs and pass rushers for me.  The depth of talent in those positions just isn't there. I expect FA help in both those spots.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, nikuman said:

Argument against. YOUR QB PLAY HAS BEEN BAD SINCE KELLY AND STILL IS. 

Get your QB already 

Way too many moving parts.  If moving back to not get a difference maker does not make sence.  If a deal can get don to trade back like last year then get it done.  

At the end of the day 1 sure thing is better than 2  maybes.....