1st Round Trade DOWN?

nikuman

10 hours ago, Pete said:

We need to upgrade  QB, DT, DE, LB, RB, WR,  C, G, T  Great players are found every round, not just the first. 

This is being over dramatic , upgrade at RB? We have Benjamin/Zay Jones now we need a speed WR not an upgrade at WR. Ryan Groy filled in admirably at C , we need an upgeade over 2nd round pick Dion Dawkins and Cordy Glenn? 

8 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

If you cant get up to get your QB. Then trade out of one of the 1stfor future 2019 1sts so you have the capital in 2019 to go get one 

It's obviously early at this point but the indicators are the 2019 class lacks the quality that the 2018 draft class is projected to have.  Solidify the team with picks in other positions.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

This is being over dramatic , upgrade at RB? We have Benjamin/Zay Jones now we need a speed WR not an upgrade at WR. Ryan Groy filled in admirably at C , we need an upgeade over 2nd round pick Dion Dawkins and Cordy Glenn? 

We need depth at RB and McCoy has a lot of mileage on him now.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It's obviously early at this point but the indicators are the 2019 class lacks the quality that the 2018 draft class is projected to have.  Solidify the team with picks in other positions.

We need depth at RB and McCoy has a lot of mileage on him now.

Depth yes, the OP, not sure if it's you or not stated we needed an UPGRADE at those positions. Depth I agree with.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Depth yes, the OP, not sure if it's you or not stated we needed an UPGRADE at those positions. Depth I agree with.

We may need a feature back sooner versus later.  How the Bills go about finding that guy is anybody's guess.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Well, we already have or had players signed. We need better players in place of them...we need to UPGRADE the quality of the DEPTH so to speak.

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Argument against. YOUR QB PLAY HAS BEEN BAD SINCE KELLY AND STILL IS. 

Get your QB already 

If the QB the Bills covet is gone and they were unable to or unwilling to part with the picks necessary to move up. It makes sense to trade down with one of your 1st rd picks if they don't have a high grade on the other QBs. We don't need another EJ Manuel situation where Buddy Nix mentioned he was going to draft a QB and they turned that into their singular focus that draft. If you are going to pay a high price to move up you better be getting the top 1 or 2 QB. I am not interested in giving up the farm for a lesser prospect like Josh Allen just because we need a QB.

11 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Way too many moving parts.  If moving back to not get a difference maker does not make sence.  If a deal can get don to trade back like last year then get it done.  

At the end of the day 1 sure thing is better than 2  maybes.....

I get your point on moving parts, but draft history proves that there's no sure thing at #22....or any position for that matter.

You don't publicly admit you're moving on at QB, which they pretty much have while talking up Tyrod, and then not draft a 1st rd QB unless you're getting a really good vet. The only vet QB on the market worth signing is Cousins, if we sign Keenum and don't draft a QB I'd be super bummed out. 

58 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Well, we already have or had players signed. We need better players in place of them...we need to UPGRADE the quality of the DEPTH so to speak.

Were in need of starters before we add depth. There is no team in the NFL who is set at every position, the top teams just hide the weakness' better.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Were in need of starters before we add depth. There is no team in the NFL who is set at every position, the top teams just hide the weakness' better.

Agree. But we also need to upgrade the quality of some of our depth players. It's really not an either/or scenario. You can do both. I mean, unless you're content with Tolbert's turkey grease covered hands touching the ball again. 

3 hours ago, nikuman said:

I get your point on moving parts, but draft history proves that there's no sure thing at #22....or any position for that matter.

I dont have any stats but would be willing to guess that a higher percentage of starters cone out of the first round than the second.  by position of coarse since some positions are not often taken the the first.  

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

If you cant get up to get your QB. Then trade out of one of the 1stfor future 2019 1sts so you have the capital in 2019 to go get one 

Not opposed to that.  Problem is, team we trade with will undoubtedly play in the super bowl next year.