Case Keenum Headed for UFA - Unlikely to Return to MIN

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Why do you think that?

i see Cleveland as a soon-to- be-very-good team.  They have the 1st and 4th picks, why would they be interested in signing Keenum, who likely (IMHO) will regress to his “mean” which is not very good?

They need a bridge guy. They have 3 very inexperienced QBs on their roster, none of which have ever won an NFL game. If they draft Darnold as expected, I doubt they will want to throw him out there right away. Even if they do, they still need a vet on the roster. They just need to take baby steps out of 1-31 and win a game at some point. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I just keep feeling all the analysts are overrating Keenum...none of his skills are elite and he’s only had 1 decent year of production- under an OC who is no longer calling the plays for him...anyone can catch lightning in a bottle- remember Fitz?

I think whatever team gets him next will want to give him some kind of “prove it” deal that they can get out of fairly easy if he doesn’t pan out...I could see 3 years for $51 million, maybe $27 million guaranteed at most...anything more I will be shocked...he is just mediocre to me...reminds me of Matt Cassel.

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe the exact opposite with Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, and the coaching/system of Shurmur making him successful.  He's a journeyman who had a good year IMO. 

How about we surround our quarterback with half that talent

I do not see much more than a young Fitzpatrick when i see Keenum.  That amazing play vs NO where that defender whiffed on the game ending tackle changed Keenums life.  Before that play the narative would be how he choked away a 2 TD lead in the 4th at home.  Now he will be paid as a top Qb.  I hope Buffalo doesnt break the bank for him though i do think he could be a solid starter.

14 hours ago, Logic said:

I have ZERO interest in signing Keenum.

Sadly, I could see the Bills' decision makers disagreeing.

Yuck. Whole bunch of yuck.

Relax brother 

Dont you know to trust the protest by now? 

Marrone and Jauron are long gone 

I know the wound still feels fresh. I know it’s tough to stay optimistic after all these years. 

But take a deep breath. McBean have injected new blood and life. They are ten steps ahead like the NE coach. They won’t go for Keenum.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

15 hours ago, Buff808 said:

I will guarantee the Bill will do the wrong thing, they always do.  They should keep Taylor.

Love your guarantee. Do the wrong thing, Bills!! Do what this guy says is the wrong thing!!!

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I just keep feeling all the analysts are overrating Keenum...none of his skills are elite and he’s only had 1 decent year of production- under an OC who is no longer calling the plays for him...anyone can catch lightning in a bottle- remember Fitz?

I think whatever team gets him next will want to give him some kind of “prove it” deal that they can get out of fairly easy if he doesn’t pan out...I could see 3 years for $51 million, maybe $27 million guaranteed at most...anything more I will be shocked...he is just mediocre to me...reminds me of Matt Cassel.

I do remeber Fitz, but he never had a season like this one by Keenum.  A TD% fo 4.6 and an INT % of 1.5? When Fitz's numbers get up towards a full season and teams have the video on him, you find he has decent TD%s and poor INT%s. Same with Cassel, look at his INT percentages.

I'm not sure at all about Keenum, though I tend to like him and hope he maintains this level. I'd guess that he stays close but I really don't have any commitment behind that belief.

It's a bad year to be an FA QB with so many good FAs out there on top of the good QB year in the draft. A very bad year. But I still think Keenum gets a lot more than this. I could be wrong.

Edited by Thurman#1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Rapoport: Case Keenum Headed for UFA - Unlikely to Return to MIN
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Case Keenum Headed for UFA - Unlikely to Return to MIN

Id be nervous giving this guy any type of long term deal. 

Seems like last year could have just been a flash in the pan.

He's had 1 god season in the 6 years since he entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent. 

Im always leery of QBs with more bad than good on their resume. Especially those with only 1 good season. We've seen plenty of QBs play well for 1 season only to never be able to repeat it.

He bounced around practice squads for years and was waived multiple times by 2 different teams. Then lands in a great situation in Minnesota, the starter gets hurt, Keenum goes in and gets hot after a bit of an up-and-down first few games. His resume doesn't exactly scream "pay me big money and term" to me. 

Id be fine with him as a bridge QB though. Something like a 3 year deal at the very most, with an out after 1 or 2 and then go hard after our long term QB in the draft. 

Id be fine with most veteran QBs on the market as bridge QBs though if we draft one of the top 3 QBs in this class! lol 

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Id be nervous giving this guy any type of long term deal. 

Seems like last year could have just been a flash in the pan.

He's had 1 god season in the 6 years since he entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent. 

Im always leery of QBs with more bad than good on their resume. Especially those with only 1 good season. We've seen plenty of QBs play well for 1 season only to never be able to repeat it.

He bounced around practice squads for years and was waived multiple times by 2 different teams. Then lands in a great situation in Minnesota, the starter gets hurt, Keenum goes in and gets hot after a bit of an up-and-down first few games. His resume doesn't exactly scream "pay me big money and term" to me. 

Id be fine with him as a bridge QB though. Something like a 3 year deal at the very most, with an out after 1 or 2 and then go hard after our long term QB in the draft. 

Id be fine with most veteran QBs on the market as bridge QBs though if we draft one of the top 3 QBs in this class! lol 

I hear he's looking for a multi-year deal with a AAV north of $20M.  Not worth that IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1