Cost of Chicken Wings

Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I take it this place isn't in Buffalo :P

price is too good. I do love charred BBQ which is what I opened this thread with 

Not in Buffalo, but the owner of the place is from Buff.

Edited by JinVA

1 minute ago, JinVA said:

Not in Buffalo, but the owner of the place is from Buff.

Every pizza and wing joint that I've ever gone to down the east coast and out west was operated and owned by a Ex Buffalonian 

If there is anything that we do correctly up here it's pizza and wings ... and Tailgating 

8 minutes ago, JinVA said:

Just me, but I’ll be taking home most. I’m good for about 8.

As I posted earlier, I went for a slice and wings with a buddy. He ordered 20 to have leftovers. I had 2, there were no leftovers. WOW. AND, he just texted me 10 seconds ago about some wing joint in Atlanta (near me) that beat the Anchor Bar in some ranking. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every pizza and wing joint that I've ever gone to down the east coast and out west was operated and owned by a Ex Buffalonian 

If there is anything that we do correctly up here it's pizza and wings ... and Tailgating 

It’s almost like we have chicken wing missionaries! Sharing the good wing around the world! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

As I posted earlier, I went for a slice and wings with a buddy. He ordered 20 to have leftovers. I had 2, there were no leftovers. WOW. AND, he just texted me 10 seconds ago about some wing joint in Atlanta (near me) that beat the Anchor Bar in some ranking. 

It’s almost like we have chicken wing missionaries! Sharing the good wing around the world! 

I think it would be awesome to open up a pizzeria down south 

Only thing is EVERY Pizzeria owner will tell you it's the water up here that makes the dough and crust so good...

it doesnt turn out the same way in TX, FL, NC etc... I know someone who wanted to ship water from buffalo to his place in Florida lol

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think it would be awesome to open up a pizzeria down south 

Only thing is EVERY Pizzeria owner will tell you it's the water up here that makes the dough and crust so good...

it doesnt turn out the same way in TX, FL, NC etc... I know someone who wanted to ship water from buffalo to his place in Florida lol

I’ve only found one good (and two okay) pizza joints in all of Atlanta. The good place supposedly makes their dough in the morning, then closes when they run out. My wife says it’s the best pizza she’s ever had, but she’s never had Buffalo pizza. And I don’t care what @plenzmd1 says!   :P

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve only found one good (and two okay) pizza joints in all of Atlanta. The good place supposedly makes their dough in the morning, then closes when they run out. My wife says it’s the best pizza she’s ever had, but she’s never had Buffalo pizza. And I don’t care what @plenzmd1 says!   :P

Awesome! just go till you sell out! 

There are some places like that around here

ahh you youngins..in the Falls  in the 70's, a staple of every pizzeria was 50 wings for $5.00, delivered!

BTW, the wings at Costco are priced right, come separated, but damn they have been getting smaller and smaller last couple of years.

Dont trust @Augieon any of his food opinions, obviously the man has no taste.

And it's not Buffalo water that makes the crust(buffalo pizza crust sucks:P ) , it's NYC water that makes NYC pizza awesome. Proved out by the bagels being the best in NYC as well, both due to the water.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

ahh you youngins..in the Falls  in the 70's, a staple of every pizzeria was 50 wings for $5.00, delivered!

BTW, the wings at Costco are priced right, come separated, but damn they have been getting smaller and smaller last couple of years.

Dont trust @Augieon any of his food opinions, obviously the man has no taste.

And it's not Buffalo water that makes the crust(buffalo pizza crust sucks:P ) , it's NYC water that makes NYC pizza awesome. Proved out by the bagels being the best in NYC as well, both due to the water.

Cannoli shells too.  Fun fact, most NYC water comes from my neck of the woods.  That's the real reason NY will never separate into two states.

That all being said, I spoke to a bubbe in a jewish deli in Nassau county once who said that her bagels taste the same wherever she makes them.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Proof its the water

You have proven that the NYC guys like what they like and what they are used to...and they also think they are the center of the universe, but that’s more of a science matter.  

so listen you two fools..we all agree NYC pizza, especially the crust, is the best in the world. This proves what makes it different is the water. I understand hard for a Xavier graduate to grasp that concept, and well Levi just to young to understand much of anything in the world.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, plenzmd1 said:

so listen you two fools..we all agree NYC pizza, especially the crust, is the best in the world. This proves what makes it different is the water. I understand hard for a Xavier graduate to grasp that concept, and well Levi just to young to understand much of anything in the world.

Same with bagels.

17 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Went to Primanti Brothers for lunch yesterday and 15 wings were $14.59. Also for some reason I get annoyed at places that don't have the option of a dozen wings. I don't want 10 or 15. I want 12.

12 is a harder # to find here...

a single order is usually 10 and a double 20

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

i swear pizza delivery drivers in Buffalo make so much $$$ if your at a good spot lol

my friends kid makes almost 50 grand a year as a driver lol 

When I worked at Chevy..a fella from La Nova would have a full car load of deliveries for our 9pm lunch break. I used to always give a fin for a tip..for sheet pizzas/wing buckets..would all chip in 5 each as well...guy probably left with about a 100 bucks tax free for one stop..6 nights a week.Sure he made stops to Dunlop and Dupont as well .Tax Free baby...

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, plenzmd1 said:

That is a popular and enduring myth. 

https://slice.seriouseats.com/2010/01/does-nyc-water-make-a-difference-in-pizza-quality.html

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

^^^ that article was too long to read, but I did skim and it did not appear that Kenji used NYC water..so you can join @LeviF91and @Augie as failing to grasp a simple concept!:doh::lol:

btw, i love Kenji and Serious eats

Put on your reading glasses, old man.  The experiment was done in NYC...and he used tap water :rolleyes:

On 2/26/2018 at 3:35 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I love going to the wing fest downtown every year 

you will find amazing wings from all over the country! Not just Buffalo

Of course you can.

All MOST restaurants do is drop them in the fryer for 15 to 20 minutes.

Once done, toss them in a combination of Frank's( or a cheaper substitute) and liquid margarine.

It drives me nuts that people think there is such a difference.

Here is a hint from someone has worked in restaurants and been a Chef.

99% of the crap we throw the fryer people love because it  is just oozing with fat and terrible for you.

In Buffalo you can throw an old shoe in the fryer and people would devour it.

Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Of course you can.

All MOST restaurants do is drop them in the fryer for 15 to 20 minutes.

Once done, toss them in a combination of Frank's( or a cheaper substitute) and liquid margarine.

It drives me nuts that people think there is such a difference.

Here is a hint from someone has worked in restaurants and been a Chef.

99% of the crap we throw the fryer people love because it  is just oozing with fat and terrible for you.

In Buffalo you can throw an old shoe in the fryer and people would devour it.

Enjoy!

Well that's the thing ...

nobody Uses Franks that much except people up here

its not the same with Tabasco or other kinds

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well that's the thing ...

nobody has franks except people up here

its not the same with Tabasco or other kinds

Sorry, but Franks can be purchased by food brokers around the country. 

Edited by Bag of Milk