What comes first Egg or Chicken?

Ned Kelly

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They set this draft up perfectly with the ammo needed to do anything they needed to get their QB. 

That should be the NO1 Goal in this draft to come out with their 15 year plus guy. 

Everything else is secondary. 

Ryan Leaf

But if believe their guy is available, go get him!

Edited by KW95
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What happens next year when the rookie doens't turn out to be Rodgers.  How will the fan base handle this?  

1 hour ago, hemma said:

Get rid of Taylor.

Figure out the rest later.

Unlike the NBA, leading the league in 3 pointers is not a good thing.

That is a solid well thought argument. 

5 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

Just curious, no right or wrong answer.

Would it matter who we had as Qb with our current O line or do you pick/trade up and get the novacaine ( appease the masses) Qb?

What if first round QB ie. Rossen, Baker etc

threw 5 interceptions in their first game due to trying to work in a ****ty pocket with no protection?

Some posters seem to be obsessed with having a 1st rnd QB even if the ol and dl are rubbish. ( Madden)

I think we have an opportunity to do it the other way around. Build the Scariest D line and an impenetrable oLine 

Thoughts?

If I was Beane, my highest priority goals would be 1) trying to acquire an elite quarterback and 2) trying to build the best offensive line in the NFL.    You can address both of those priorities high in the draft within the first 3 rounds.    And free agency can help you upgrade the line as well.   

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also i see Nothing really wrong with this OL going into the season if NOTHING else changes

LT - Dawkins

LG - InCognito

C - Groy

RG - Miller (back into a power scheme)

RT - Glenn

Realistically, what are the odds they move Glenn to RT?

You know they aren't going to do it. (whether they should or not)   

And, if you are going to draft your future franchise QB, may as well get him a top notch center.

5 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

Who? They are going to be throwing from a collapsed pocket, 2 of the top 5 qbs in the draft  throw of the back foot as it is.

I'm guess I'm hoping McDermott and Beane are a little more astute than previous regimes.

Frankly I'm tired of the Bills not being enthralled with the quarterback class only to have them perform well once they're drafted. How many times are we going to pass on these guys? I've been hearing this argument since Marv Levy was the GM and said we were going to  "get better around the quarterback first."  How'd that work? The time to get a quarterback is when you see him. Go get a quarterback this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

free agency could/should throw a wrench in this whole thing. i believe the entire top half of the first round scenarios will be changed when cousins and the others find landing spots.

i think this may make it easier for us to get up to mayfield and not have to go to no.2  who knows who the broncos and jets may target in fa.

i myself would do everything to get foles from philly and build the lines. we can still identify a qb later that could have success in the league.

11 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

If I was Beane, my highest priority goals would be 1) trying to acquire an elite quarterback and 2) trying to build the best offensive line in the NFL.    You can address both of those priorities high in the draft within the first 3 rounds.    And free agency can help you upgrade the line as well.   

Realistically, what are the odds they move Glenn to RT?

You know they aren't going to do it. (whether they should or not)   

And, if you are going to draft your future franchise QB, may as well get him a top notch center.

Thats why i said if nothing changes. Right now thats your starting OL in Daboll’s scheme i think. And i dont really see anything wrong with it. 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also i see Nothing really wrong with this OL going into the season if NOTHING else changes

LT - Dawkins

LG - InCognito

C - Groy

RG - Miller (back into a power scheme)

RT - Glenn

I don't know MB, while that is a solid line up, I think they're going to trade Glenn to move up in the draft. I also think Incognito may be on the bubble as he's an 7+ million dollar hit on the cap. They might be tempted to let him go at his age and his cap hit. Plus the fact that he will age out by the time this team is ready to make a move for continued playoff runs. Likely they'll want to go to the draft and see if they can pull out another Dawkins type of steal. So I would love to see that OL lineup, I just don't think it's going to happen.

45 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

What happens next year when the rookie doens't turn out to be Rodgers.  How will the fan base handle this?  

Everyone will hope the rookie turns into a player of Rodgers quality.  Rodgers sat for a few years.  That was made easier because the Packers had Favre.  But I'm not sure what is the real import of your rhetorical question:  are you presupposing the pick is a bust?  How would anyone know that?  Does one refuse to move up for a qb because they might not turn out well?  Is a trade up for qb never justified?  Does one have to have divine foreknowledge the player will be the next Aaron Rodgers before such a trade is okay with you?

If you're only asking will the fanbase be okay if the Bills draft a bad qb, there's something jejune and cynically despairing about such a view -- and naturally, people will be disappointed.  But you can bust on any player at any position; maybe we should try to get a good one when the top of the draft has a number of promising prospects.  We passed on Watson and Mahomes, presumably to put ourselves in a position to finally address the most important position in football.  Maybe at least once every twenty-five years, you ought to try and get a good one.

What happens next year if the Bills pass once again at drafting qb early and Watson and Mahomes play well, as does Rosen and Mayfield and one or two others, eventually.  How will the fan base handle this?

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I don't know MB, while that is a solid line up, I think they're going to trade Glenn to move up in the draft. I also think Incognito may be on the bubble as he's an 7+ million dollar hit on the cap. They might be tempted to let him go at his age and his cap hit. Plus the fact that he will age out by the time this team is ready to make a move for continued playoff runs. Likely they'll want to go to the draft and see if they can pull out another Dawkins type of steal. So I would love to see that OL lineup, I just don't think it's going to happen.

I hear you. I dont think it will either. Just showing in a year they have the capital to go get their stud Rookie they can because if they have to go into the season with the current OL i dont see how it is setting any Rookie up for failure. 

This current line a power scheme and still an elite RB I dont agree that a Rookie is set up for failure 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

if you're religious, the egg

if you believe in science, the chicken

in football speak, the chicken should come first.

Well, I believe the chicken should come first, as well, though I don't see how the religion/science divide follows from your analogy.  Most fundamentalists, I would guess, suppose the chicken came first.  But the whole debate between science (under the guise of neo-Darwinism) and religion (perhaps under the rubric of Intelligent Design) share certain metaphysical assumptions that mean it is actually an internecine dispute.  Both are basically locked into an inadequate ontological understanding, imo.  Regardless, one needn't really choose between religion and science, just as one can have one's chicken and one's egg, too, especially when FA allows one to make up for "lost" draft capital used to secure the chicken (er, qb).

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I hear you. I dont think it will either. Just showing in a year they have the capital to go get their stud Rookie they can because if they have to go into the season with the current OL i dont see how it is setting any Rookie up for failure. 

This current line a power scheme and still an elite RB I dont agree that a Rookie is set up for failure 

Agree 100%. There's some outstanding QB prospects in this year's draft and we just have to get one damn it!

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

getting a qb (which in fact we do currently have one) that can get the ball out quick will shoot the ranking of our oline way up the chart. my hope is for a very good fa rt. i thought henderson would develop into that, but something has to be done there. i think we'll be fine with groy this year.