Doug Farrar: Best Under-the-Radar Free Agents for 2018

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Richardson, Okafor and Gaines have been on my have to have list this offseason. 

See, Okafor is the only one of those three that I count as "underrated".

Richardson (Paul), as you know, has been my #1 target for the Bills since November.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Richardson (Paul), as you know, has been my #1 target for the Bills since November.

I don’t disagree with that. They had Norwell on there!!

Okafor was playing really well before he got hurt. He’s also my friend’s cousin so I kind of want him on the Bills for that reason too.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree with that. They had Norwell on there!!

Okafor was playing really well before he got hurt. He’s also my friend’s cousin so I kind of want him on the Bills for that reason too.

Oh I had quite the laugh at Norwell; he's probably going to get north of $10M AAV as a guard--underrated?!?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Alex Okafor is a guy I really would love to see brought in. Even if we draft a QB I love the idea of McCown or Keenum as the starter. I think the team could still be very competitive and their good culture guys.

Paul Richardson I'd want but I think he will end up being a bidding war and Mike Wallace could do the same for less.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I agree with you on both of those points....I think Richardson adds a dimension to the Bills WR corps that is truly needed. 

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Haven't read it yet, but guys that have been on my list include:

Brice Butler

DaQuan Jones

Justin Ellis

Anthony Hitchens

If we can't get Star from Carolina than DaQuan becomes my number 1 target in free agency, assuming we re-sign Gaines. 

To me it's gaines, then the rest.

I think he's our #1 FA priority.

The rest of the list are nice players, but we are good at safety (unless the vet Graham is willing to be a non starter/sub in for specific packages at a good price), DLine and OLine guys would be big too, but I'm still set on Gaines first

30 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I am a fan of Paul Richardson as well. It seemed like Seattle only used him as a deep ball threat but he can do a lot more. Seattle had trouble running the football this year and he was Wilsons 3rd target on offense. 

I think as a number 2 WR he could put up 65 900 9 easily.

• Like (+1) 1

Dion Jordan is an intriguing player.  Third overall pick by Miami in 2013, missed a season due to substance abuse violations.  Tremendous potential if he stays clean/ no more off-field issues.  We took a shot on Incognito and it paid off.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Brice Butler

DaQuan Jones

Justin Ellis

Anthony Hitchens

Hitchens is gonna be real good for someone,would love to see him in Buffalo.

Brice Butler

DaQuan Jones

Justin Ellis

Anthony Hitchens

Add Bruce Ellington to this list. Tre Burton  and Greg Gabriel. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Some of the guys on this list would be good targets for the Bills. 

He's got quite a few guys on this list that will get paid. This isn't no under rader list. 

Brice Butler

DaQuan Jones

Justin Ellis

Anthony Hitchens

I like both of their fits in the D.  Also, fills a couple needs.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Good article, a name I didn't know of that sounds decent is Avery Williamson maybe to replace LorAx on 1st and 2nd downs. 

I'd take Williamson for the right price, certainly.  He fits the McDermott mould - smart, versatile, grinder, some speed.  

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I am a fan of Paul Richardson as well. It seemed like Seattle only used him as a deep ball threat but he can do a lot more. Seattle had trouble running the football this year and he was Wilsons 3rd target on offense. 

I think as a number 2 WR he could put up 65 900 9 easily.

Agree 100%, he would be the most complete receiver that we have. He has run a lot of deep routes but is capable of running the whole tree. A nice fit as the #2.