Gil Brandt: 7 Teams with Biggest Super Bowl Window

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I just don’t see how Jacksonville and San Francisco are ahead of New England. Unless bellichick and/or Brady retires, they gotta be the odds on favorite. I believe Vegas agrees as well

It's about the longer window, not just 2018. Young talented roster in the case of Jacksonville. The 49ers have Jimmy G, the makings of a good defense, high draft picks, and a lot of cap room. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's about the longer window, not just 2018. Young talented roster in the case of Jacksonville. The 49ers have Jimmy G, the makings of a good defense, high draft picks, and a lot of cap room. 

He said SF will be competing for the SB this season...

As for "longer window", he picked two teams with 40 year old QBs.  

He leaves off Minnesota because....QB?  Keenum comes back and they aren't as good as the 49ers??  Or Jacksonville???

Crazy.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He said SF will be competing for the SB this season...

As for "longer window", he picked two teams with 40 year old QBs.  

He leaves off Minnesota because....QB?  Keenum comes back and they aren't as good as the 49ers??  Or Jacksonville???

Crazy.

Kyle Shanahan is an excellent coach, and I think he'll have San Francisco competing for the Super Bowl in 2018. The window is just cracking open for the Niners, but soon, it'll swing wide and stay that way for a long time.

18 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I just don’t see how Jacksonville and San Francisco are ahead of New England. Unless bellichick and/or Brady retires, they gotta be the odds on favorite. I believe Vegas agrees as well

Might need to double check this, but teams that lose Super Bowls do not usually have great next seasons I believe (or at least) not as good.

so taking that as a factor, the patriots will not go to the super bowl next season then the 2019 season would possibly see a 42 year old Brady and J. McDaniels as Head Coach.

so if that is the reasoning I could see Patriots being that low on the “SB Window”.

27 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

My understanding is long term window not short-term. I don't think anyone is betting the next year or two against Brady/BB but that train is stopping really soon. SF has a potentially franchise changing QB and JAX just needs a competent one with that defense to both have a 7-9 year window at least.

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Brandt: 7 Teams with Biggest Super Bowl Window

1) Philadelphia Eagles
2) Los Angeles Rams
3) San Francisco 49ers
4) New Orleans Saints
5) Jacksonville Jaguars
6) Pittsburgh Steelers
7) New England Patriots

Not sure how any team without a young, star QB whose realistically 5 (at least) away from retirement can make this list. 

I think Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Oakland all belong on this list before New England, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville. 

I guess in reality it depends on how long of a window we're talking about. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kyle Shanahan is an excellent coach, and I think he'll have San Francisco competing for the Super Bowl in 2018. The window is just cracking open for the Niners, but soon, it'll swing wide and stay that way for a long time.

Minnesota just blew their window wide open.  They were actually competing for the SB this year.  And they can't crack the top 7?  One of the QBs on that roster will be starting next year.  Odds are it's Keenum, in which case they are light years ahead of SF.

Where has Shanahan been "an excellent coach"?  Washington?  Cleveland?  Atlanta??---where his offense was so stacked, all he had to do is NOT F-things up.....but where he proceeded to do just that by calling the worst second half of football in NFL history?

Good ol' Gil.....