The Official List of WGR's Cringeworthy and Annoying Commercials

BuffaloRush

Man, as a Bills fan I love WGR - especially during Bills seasons.  But I cannot stand it when they go to commercial breaks because the commercials are unbearable to listen to.  It's been like this for years.  So many bad jingles and overall bad commercials.  Here's a few I can't stand:

Franco's Pizza

This is just Bulldog trying to read an advertisement but it's horrendous.  His reads are the worst and this one is no exception. He is out of speaking so fast you can hear him trying to catch his breath.  But the worst is how he changes pronunciation of the name "Franco."  Throughout the commercial he pronounces it "Frain-coes" but then when he mentions the owner he calls him "Frahn-co."  LOL did it ever occur to him that the owner named the pizza joint after himself?

Kenny Carpets

The artist who came up with "Do The Kenny" really needs to choose a new profession.  Ditto to whoever green lit that commercial to run on-air

Puccillo Fitness Gear

Awful jingle, awful concept for a concept.  P-U-C-I-L-L-O fitness gear.  There's a four letter word (followed by a three letter word) I'd like to shout at whoever wrote that commercial.

I don't hear this anymore but there was one for some roofing company which was probably the worst concept for a commercial ever.

These are just a few - but I'm sure other listeners can share their suggestions as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

My wife and I always joke about all the horrible commercials / weird jingles on WGR. It’s like being in a time warp. Seems like the national average would be about 20% of radio ads using a jingle. I think it’s like 80% on GR. 

I seriously want to know who they are using for the music.  Because it's bad...really bad.  Listen to radio in other market and you never hear music/commercials which come off sounding so bad.  I'm guessing they go through production companies for the music - but it's horrendously bad.

Glad there are at least 2 other people that agree

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Man, as a Bills fan I love WGR - especially during Bills seasons.  But I cannot stand it when they go to commercial breaks because the commercials are unbearable to listen to.  It's been like this for years.  So many bad jingles and overall bad commercials.  Here's a few I can't stand:

Franco's Pizza

This is just Bulldog trying to read an advertisement but it's horrendous.  His reads are the worst and this one is no exception. He is out of speaking so fast you can hear him trying to catch his breath.  But the worst is how he changes pronunciation of the name "Franco."  Throughout the commercial he pronounces it "Frain-coes" but then when he mentions the owner he calls him "Frahn-co."  LOL did it ever occur to him that the owner named the pizza joint after himself?

Kenny Carpets

The artist who came up with "Do The Kenny" really needs to choose a new profession.  Ditto to whoever green lit that commercial to run on-air

Puccillo Fitness Gear

Awful jingle, awful concept for a concept.  P-U-C-I-L-L-O fitness gear.  There's a four letter word (followed by a three letter word) I'd like to shout at whoever wrote that commercial.

I don't hear this anymore but there was one for some roofing company which was probably the worst concept for a commercial ever.

These are just a few - but I'm sure other listeners can share their suggestions as well.

They even spell it out for you It's Pacillo: http://www.pacillo.com/category.asp?area=3

Nothing is worse than their lame assed Progressive Commercials. 

Most annoying 

Cellino and Barnes ..... no explanation needed

" Hear More...." or whatever the hell that is. That jingle sounds like background music at a morgue 

William C Rott and Sons .... each successive edition is worse than the previous one. Hard to imagine, but it is 

whatever family Law Firm that says " we have a problem with the term " personal injury" plus other variations. All versions with the same depressing piano melody  that could be a soundtrack to suicidals slitting their wrists or jumping off bridges. 

The guy stumping for Northtown oil change service, even if you didn't buy your car from Northtown. Something about his voice makes me want to bash his face in with a shovel. 

Brotherly Love, Brotherly care ... UGH!   STFU already!!!

Hamburg Overhead door! Overdelivering!  

I kinda like the Bacillo fitness gear one when the girl talks about how hard it is to work out or set up a treadmill and stuff. Just because I envision her being kind of hot and a little slutty. That said, she probably weighs 300 lbs and has a face for radio for alll I know. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Most annoying 

Cellino and Barnes ..... no explanation needed

" Hear More...." or whatever the hell that is. That jingle sounds like background music at a morgue 

William C Rott and Sons .... each successive edition is worse than the previous one. Hard to imagine, but it is 

whatever family Law Firm that says " we have a problem with the term " personal injury" plus other variations. All versions with the same depressing piano melody  that could be a soundtrack to suicidals slitting their wrists or jumping off bridges. 

The guy stumping for Northtown oil change service, even if you didn't buy your car from Northtown. Something about his voice makes me want to bash his face in with a shovel. 

Brotherly Love, Britherly care ... UGH!   STFU already!!!

Hamburg Overhead door! Overdelivering!  

I kinda like the Bacillo fitness gear one when the girl talks about how hard it is to work out or set up a treadmill and stuff. Just because I envision her being kind of hot and a little slutty. That said, she probably weighs 300 lbs and has a face for radio for alll I know. 

William C Rott and SOns!  Yes that's the annoying roofing one.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I know there’s 3-4 that make me cringe but only one I can think of right now is “hear more” 

Aurora Audiology. That jingle is horrid!

Makes me want to be temporarily deaf.  MUTE button works well enough though. 

Remember the days of Jeremy White doing Momma from Riverside Auto ?

It's Sherry's Berry's time of the year :blink:

Schopp is on his third day spa in four years.

But the award must go to hear more. Whatever those people are paying for that there getting duped by Entercom.

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

They sure do push the daylights out of that Game Time 550 beer.  Even worse is the spot where the two 'beer experts' are describing the beer's merits and characteristics. 

Also annoying is how commercials are now edited, so there's virtually no space between words.  The annoying girl who pesters me to look up Scott Caldwell for my GEICO insurance comes to mind.

Edited to add a commercial for some day spa that  ran during the holiday season in 2016 or 2017 where the ever earnest 'Buddy Schula' was describing the disappointment in his wife's face when he got her passes for a 'lesser' spa.  It was only later I discovered 'Buddy Schula' is an invented character.  Damn near hired Celino and Barnes to sue the asshat for false advertising!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Clearly the jingles work since y’all have such great recall regarding them. You know the company and what they’re offering. 

You're all complaining that the jingles are so well done you can’t forget them. Sounds like good advertising to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Clearly the jingles work since y’all have such great recall regarding them. You know the company and what they’re offering. 

You're all complaining that the jingles are so well done you can’t forget them. Sounds like good advertising to me. 

Actually not. While they may be “memorable”,  they are so annoying I tell myself that I will never purchase that company’s product even if it’s the most superior option out there. I’m a pretty vindictive shopper. 

• Like (+1) 4

The do your one thing are the worst

They are through the corporate parent of the radio station and promote false information as ways to save the environment. Sure thing such as making sure you fix a leaky faucet, using those non-energy saving bulbs that are supposed to save energy, not eating beef, and all sorts of really dumb things...

It is embarrassing

LOL this might be my favorite thread of the entire season/year/decade!! I'm glad to see that other people's lives are so mundane/empty that they too have been driven to rage by these cheeseball jingles on WGR like me!

Sometimes I picture that WGR's ad dept is run by a 97 year old man who was a guru of commercials in the 1950's. Because it is truly a timewarp to another era. There also seems to be a link to the male singer and the female singer(s) because they appear in multiple spots but always are awful.

Some of my other favourites not listed above include:

Buffalo people know how to eat and Buffalo KNOW how to have a good time!!  (cant remember the bar)

Paddock chev Golf dome (where golf dreams are made)

Lenko Lumber

Riverfront auto.....WOW

Any of the Indian Smoke shop.

Jeremy White selling his soul to tout duct cleaning

My wife patently refuses to listen to WGR for any reason in the car  but esp after she heard the Puccilo ad!!