Buffalo top TV market for SB

stevewin

All this shows is that Buffalo is a hard core football market. It doesn’t say anything about how much or little else there is to do in WNY.  There are plenty of other open Sundays for people to do those other things. In fact there are six months of Sunday’s all stacked up and waiting now. My guess is NOBODY in Buffalo will be watching the NFL this coming Sunday. ?

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All this shows is that Buffalo is a hard core football market. It doesn’t say anything about how much or little else there is to do in WNY.  There are plenty of other open Sundays for people to do those other things. In fact there are six months of Sunday’s all stacked up and waiting now. My guess is NOBODY in Buffalo will be watching the NFL this coming Sunday. ?

Unless NFLN decides to replay our season from Week 1 ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

well, then there is nothing else to do in New Orleans, Pittsburgh, etc.  

It’s Mardi Gras!! I take great offense!!  There were parades going on during the game. I spent Sunday afternoon parading before the game.

I’m assuming that you were being sarcastic and obviously I am not really offended.

Buffalo is an NFL town.

To wit:  the #1 TV ratings for the Super Bowl---and the better regular season attendance (those who actually go to the game) than many teams in wake of kneeling-gate.

Yet again at the Spring meetings, the league will say that Buffalo needs a new stadium to pull their weight as a partner. I hope Pegs tells them to pack sand: Buffalo does more than it's  share pulling in viewers and putting butts in seats, with ticketing and licensing revenue probably exceeding at least 4 other teams.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, boater said:

Buffalo is an NFL town.

To wit:  the #1 TV ratings for the Super Bowl---and the better regular season attendance (those who actually go to the game) than many teams in wake of kneeling-gate.

Yet again at the Spring meetings, the league will say that Buffalo needs a new stadium to pull their weight as a partner. I hope Pegs tells them to pack sand: Buffalo does more than it's  share pulling in viewers and putting butts in seats, with ticketing and licensing revenue probably exceeding at least 4 other teams.

Unless the butts happen to be in corporate luxury boxes the league doesn’t really give a ****. 

22 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I wonder how many people who claimed they weren't going to watch are in that number. I'm guessing almost all of them.

I bet you it's a lot more than you think.  I know at least 15 from different walks of life who didn't watch it.  Myself included.  I didn't even check the score. I saw it once in a Snapchat filter and then the NFL app notification. I didn't seek it out, care or want to pay attention. 

The NFL with their protests, hypocrisy, and love of NE* did me in. 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I bet you it's a lot more than you think.  I know at least 15 from different walks of life who didn't watch it.  Myself included.  I didn't even check the score. I saw it once in a Snapchat filter and then the NFL app notification. I didn't seek it out, care or want to pay attention. 

The NFL with their protests, hypocrisy, and love of NE* did me in. 

Loser. :D You missed one of if not the most entertaining and fun Super Bowls ever, it was extremely lower case patriotic, the Pats lost and didn’t get the just give it to ‘em calls they normally do, there were numerous spectacular plays, underdogs galore succeeded. It couldn’t have been much better. Your loss. 

And the Pats. 

You really showed the league, too. 

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Loser. :D You missed one of if not the most entertaining and fun Super Bowls ever, it was extremely lower case patriotic, the Pats lost and didn’t get the just give it to ‘em calls they normally do, there were numerous spectacular plays, underdogs galore succeeded. It couldn’t have been much better. Your loss. 

And the Pats. 

You really showed the league, too. 

It wasn't about the league or missing the game it was just simply that I had better things that I was more concerned with at the time that I was spending four hours of my day. It comes down to What mattered more, what I wanted to do or what I didn't find it important

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It wasn't about the league or missing the game it was just simply that I had better things that I was more concerned with at the time that I was spending four hours of my day. It comes down to What mattered more, what I wanted to do or what I didn't find it important

But you said it was about the league. :P

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s Mardi Gras!! I take great offense!!  There were parades going on during the game. I spent Sunday afternoon parading before the game.

I’m assuming that you were being sarcastic and obviously I am not really offended.

def being sarcastic :)   I enjoy all those cities I listed.  

I went with my usual plan when the Patriots are there:  I keep an eye on the score, and then if the game is close in the 4th quarter, I'll tune in.  Worked out pretty good 

this year, not so much last year.  

I do this primarily to avoid the hype and pre-packaged video vignettes that dominate everything about the Superbowl.

This year my daughter and I spent most of the game watching the Puppy Bowl, lol