The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is great... 

... But all I was thinking was, "they're still driving?!"

It's a sad state of affairs when 3 men helping an old lady get into her car is considered a special moment.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's a sad state of affairs when 3 men helping an old lady get into her car is considered a special moment.

22 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is great... 

... But all I was thinking was, "they're still driving?!"

My mom was still driving at 85,  8 years ago. Wanted to drive until 90 (wouldn't have been able to). Stopped when she saw reports of old people driving into  buildings. The way they got her in reminds me of how we have to get mom into a car to take her places today. She'll be 94 in 70 days.

Edited by Wacka
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wacka said:

My mom was still driving at 85,  8 years ago. Wanted to drive until 90 (wouldn't have been able to). Stopped when she saw reports of old people driving into  buildings. The way they got her on reminds me of how we have to get mom into a car to take her places today. She'll be 94 in 70 days.

WOW... God Bless your Mom!

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 1

Kansas man faces 1,245 years in jail after spraying town with manure

I was going to put this in the what have Dems done lately thread, but decided here was better.

According to the police report, pilot Barry Woods, 51, had a blood alcohol level of 0.48% at the time of his arrest, six times over the legal limit to drive a motor vehicle, and 12 times the limit allowed to fly a plane. Consequently, his vision was too impaired for him to realize that instead of spreading the manure over his employer's fields, he had taken a wrong turn, releasing his cargo over the town and its residents instead. “Everyone was freaking out, complaining about s**t falling from the skies, fearing a biological attack from Islamic terrorists or the Democrats,” Butler County Sheriff’s Office spokesman, Lt. John Fitzpatrick said. Emergency lines were swamped as more than 900 calls came in within five minutes of the town being crop-sprayed, but the local deputies jumped quickly to action

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

I've said before, a quake feels like you are trying to stand on a garden glider (where you sot and  move it back and forth). except it is solid land.   A 4.3 hit a mile away and my living room floor (on a slab) moved about 10 feet. I knew someone that lived about 10 miles from Loma Prieta and he said he could see the wave on the soil coming and the car in the driveway bounced about a foot.