• JP Losman
    • Trent Edwards
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Other

Just now, dave mcbride said:

It is truly laughable. It almost makes you think that anyone claiming such never watched the games. Bledsoe's performance in 2003 was one of the worst in team history. He was a qb who was entirely reliant on having an elite receiver, and when Moulds went down and later came back gimpy, he couldn't overcome it.  That team had seven games in which they scored 10 points or under - and this is after they scored 69 points in the first two games. Say what you will about Taylor, but his receiving corps was even worse than the Bills' corps in 2004, but he at least maintained his league average 89-90 passer rating. The Bills had 3 games with 10 or less points not including the playoff game.

At one point this year we were on a franchise record for consecutive home games with 20+ points scored.

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you said that my claim was wrong but in reality you don’t know. Basically you don’t know that the offense wasn’t top 10 in scoring? I’m pretty sure that they were and remember reading it. I will try to google it when I get out of this high level business meeting. 

There is zero evidence they were top 10. YOU claimed they were based on nothing. Burden of proof is on you.

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

After his first 8 games, Bledsoe was HORRIBLE.  In his final 2.5 seasons, his passer rating was under 75. That is hard to do unless you're really bad.

Taylor didn't play in the final game. They were 7th in points after week 16. It's an open and shut case and not debatable. 

They had very few defensive points in 2016. They had zero ST points and two TDs (Nickell Roby Coleman v the Rams and Aaron Williams v AZ).  They were 23rd in the league in generating turnovers too.

You're talking about the wrong year.

Edited by jmc12290

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It is truly laughable. It almost makes you think that anyone claiming such never watched the games. Bledsoe's performance in 2003 was one of the worst in team history. He was a qb who was entirely reliant on having an elite receiver, and when Moulds went down and later came back gimpy, he couldn't overcome it.  That team had seven games in which they scored 10 points or under - and this is after they scored 69 points in the first two games. Say what you will about Taylor, but his receiving corps was even worse than the Bills' corps in 2004, but he at least maintained his league average 89-90 passer rating. The Bills had 3 games with 10 or less points not including the playoff game.

In 03, Bledsoe was sacked 49 times, had 11 TD passes, 12 INTs, and fifteen-count-'em-fifteen fumbles.

That is more of an indictment of the OL with a statue for a QB...

In 03 our OL was 

With Jennings playing 11 games and Ruben Brown being sent home for the last game; that is a brutal bunch

Edit: Also if I need a QB to make a play with the game on the line, it sure as hell isn't Tyrod who is what 2 and whatever when being down by 4+ points or whatever it was...

Best QB is the questions, not necessarily best Offense or most points scored by an offense 

Edited by Reed83HOF

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Laughable of anyone to think Bledsoe was better than Taylor has been but that is the climate we are in.  :lol:  

I’ve said it before but Bledsoe is such a strange case. Bills fans HATE just about every Bills player since the super bowl years. We remember guys to be way worse than they were. For some reason people look back at Bledsoe and think that he was good. He was next level awful after the 1st 8 games. He may have been the worst QB after those 8 games. 

32 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

There is zero evidence they were top 10. YOU claimed they were based on nothing. Burden of proof is on you.

I think that they were. You came in and said “wrong” but you don’t actually know if it is wrong. They were 8 total points out of the top 10. Once we figure out the defensive and ST TDs we can determine which one of us is right. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

yup, I was talking about 2016. My apologies. (They were in fact seventh in points after week 16 last year, right before that abortion of an offensive performance in the final game of the season.) 

32 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

That is more of an indictment of the OL with a statue for a QB...

In 03 our OL was 

With Jennings playing 11 games and Ruben Brown being sent home for the last game; that is a brutal bunch

Edit: Also if I need a QB to make a play with the game on the line, it sure as hell isn't Tyrod who is what 2 and whatever when being down by 4+ points or whatever it was...

Best QB is the questions, not necessarily best Offense or most points scored by an offense 

He fumbled FIFTEEN times. He was terrible. 

Edited by dave mcbride

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Tyrod Taylor was the best QB of the drought

It doesnt change the fact that better is needed.....it really points to just how bad the QBs were of the time.

Bledsoe is second.....

I sort of can't believe I'm saying this, but upon looking at the meager offerings, I'd put Orton second. I'm not saying he was good. Just better than the others. I love Fitz as a person/idea, but he was a painful-to-watch turnover machine at the end of the day. 

36 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

In 03, Bledsoe was sacked 49 times, had 11 TD passes, 12 INTs, and fifteen-count-'em-fifteen fumbles.

Great post.

The only thing more pathetic than Brain Dead Drew in 2003 were the many apologists in here making excuses for his chump ass. Good times!:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I sort of can't believe I'm saying this, but upon looking at the meager offerings, I'd put Orton second. I'm not saying he was good. Just better than the others. I love Fitz as a person/idea, but he was a painful-to-watch turnover machine at the end of the day. 

You know....I was going to say Orton.....but watching him doing the crab slide 5 yards before the first down when it was needed on plays was just cringe worthy.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Kyle had 1 season and slid short because retirement was more on his mind than winning. Eff that guy. 

I went with Fitz. He had his shortcomings...like everyone else on this list, but I think he was just the best all around guy. 

In general Fritz, other than Stevie whom only he could get on page with,  did not have a lot of support.

Wish TO and him could have played more together - that throw was beautiful.

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve said it before but Bledsoe is such a strange case. Bills fans HATE just about every Bills player since the super bowl years. We remember guys to be way worse than they were. For some reason people look back at Bledsoe and think that he was good. He was next level awful after the 1st 8 games. He may have been the worst QB after those 8 games. 

I think that they were. You came in and said “wrong” but you don’t actually know if it is wrong. They were 8 total points out of the top 10. Once we figure out the defensive and ST TDs we can determine which one of us is right. 

Some people just really like parades.

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He fumbled FIFTEEN times. He was terrible. 

I chose to ignore that because that is beyond terrible. Since it was, jesus, 15 years ago, I went back to youtube to watch a few highlights - it seemed like a lifetime ago...

The OL was awful and yes he was a statue, but could still sling the ball better than TT...

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are admitting you're wrong right here!

Here's your proof.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm

12th!  Not top 10!

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

yup, I was talking about 2016. My apologies. (They were in fact seventh in points after week 16 last year, right before that abortion of an offensive performance in the final game of the season.) 

If only Kirby had your humility and grace.

Edited by jmc12290

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

Some people just really like parades.

Assuming my numbers are right after the first 8 games in a Bills uniform Bledsoe was:

18-22, completed 57.87% of his passes, threw for 191.28 yards per game, 39 TDs, 38 INTs and lost 13 fumbles. He was sacked about a zillion times too and made no plays with his feet to offset it. 

The guys was TERRIBLE. 

14 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You are admitting you're wrong right here!

Here's your proof.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm

12th!  Not top 10!

If only Kirby had your humility and grace.

That’s all that I needed to see.

No reason to have humility and grace when I am right 95% of the time. Also, we try to refrain from personal attacks around here.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s all that I needed to see.

No reason to have humility and grace when I am right 95% of the time. 

Except when you double down on being the wrongest of all time.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

LoL ...... 0% for EJ

I think EJ might've been the worst QB of the drought.  Of that, we can all agree.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Except when you double down on being the wrongest of all time.

I think EJ might've been the worst QB of the drought.  Of that, we can all agree.

Never doubled down at any point. I asked to see it and you showed it. They finished 1 TD & a 2 pt. conversion out of the top 10. That is with EJ leading them to 5 TDs in 2 games (below their average).