Head trainer Shone Gipson fired

Roundybout

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Outside of our run blocking and pass blocking being lousy the entire season, you make good points.

But was it?  Our pass blocking had to account for the QB holding the ball longer than any other passer in the league, and they still did a decent enough job.  I'm just not sure Castillo was as bad as he's made out to be on TSW.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

But was it?  Our pass blocking had to account for the QB holding the ball longer than any other passer in the league, and they still did a decent enough job.  I'm just not sure Castillo was as bad as he's made out to be on TSW.

That stat is stupid. Yes he held the ball too long at times but leading the league was 90% because he scrambled so much and run around and eluded guys and still tried to throw. That's also why he was sacked so much. But the majority of the dropbacks guys were on him almost immediately. Two seconds. It became five-six because he was running for his life. The blocking was horrible outside of playaction. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That stat is stupid. Yes he held the ball too long at times but leading the league was 90% because he scrambled so much and run around and eluded guys and still tried to throw. That's also why he was sacked so much. But the majority of the dropbacks guys were on him almost immediately. Two seconds. It became five-six because he was running for his life. The blocking was horrible outside of playaction. 

Im not gonna die on this hill but I didn’t see terrible fundamentals outta those guys.

7 hours ago, JM57 said:

Truthfully I'm not positive that Carpenter retired voluntarily as much as he was pushed out the door, when paired with the fact that Gipson was fired immediately after the Carpenter announcement. Basically given them option of be fired or retire with dignity and we will all put on a happy face and call it a mutual decision.

That would be my guess as well, especially since Carpenter himself said that he and the Bills "mutually agreed that now is the time" to retire/part ways. 

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wrt Castillo, again, did he do that bad of a job, really?  He had a 3rd round rookie playing well at LT.  Ducasse played probably as good as he ever did in his career.  Mills' mistakes were limited to 2-3 per game.   I'm not sure you can blame Castillo for the running game decline - that's what happens when you get rid of all of your WR talent.  

:thumbsup:

Castillo's rep preceded him here though so he's going to have to prove himself to be a positive and not just be seen as another Danny Crosshairs.....a scrub coach who needs great talent on his unit to get good results......before fans give him any respect.    

But the reality is that the Bills OL personnel is not well suited to pass blocking.  

Aaron Kromer didn't necessarily change that when he was here........the more time afforded to Tyrod and the RB's(who lead the league in yards before contact in 2015-2016) was primarily a factor of defenses having to respect the entire field.

Last year they did not have to respect the Bills awful WR corps and that allowed them to be more aggressive at the LOS.......exposing the Bills OL susceptibility to pass attacking defenses.

• Like (+1) 3

@profootballdoc May be great on twitter but he is slightly biased with this comment, since he too was canned by the Chargers. But he wasn’t unfairly canned and  I’m sure Gipson wasn’t either. NFL is a cold world, if there is anywhere that the decision makers think they can improve even slightly they will do it even if there aren’t any “problems” apparent  to the public.  Can’t coast.

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He is and was hired prior to the OC last year if memory serves me correctly. That’s odd to me. I’d think that a HC that isn’t involved on the offensive side would have the OC hire a guy that fits. Daboll runs a power style and Castillo runs a zone. It’s strange that he is still there. 

Who was the one we fired for theft? It never really got out but he was the equipment manager I think. Taking stuff and reselling it essentially

And I met Carpenter at the Carolina game because he was at Tavern on the tracks the night before

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Who was the one we fired for theft? It never really got out but he was the equipment manager I think. Taking stuff and reselling it essentially

And I met Carpenter at the Carolina game because he was at Tavern on the tracks the night before

Yep the equipment manager was fired this year 

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

It was Woody or Hojo I think. I gave the one guy’s daughter Hornets tickets and he sent her with a ton of Bills stuff. There were shorts, hoodie, gloves and a couple of t-shirts.

I think Mazurek is there now.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It was Woody or Hojo I think. I gave the one guy’s daughter Hornets tickets and he sent her with a ton of Bills stuff. There were shorts, hoodie, gloves and a couple of t-shirts.

i want to say hojo, right?

Peace to Redd Foxx, he's off to the cess spot...

22 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

For those complaining of Bills injury history..

IMO, this had more to do with McDermott and Beane wanting to get their guy in they trust rather than anything he did or didn't do.

22 hours ago, HansLanda said:

New head trainer will want his/her own team...as weird as that sounds, it's true. 

i find this hard to believe.
do you have a link, or some manipulative stats to support your deranged perspective ?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hojo got fired back in 2013 and claimed it was ageism 

kirby and i texted to confirm and avoid gossip.

it was hojo who was doing things that were shady, giving away merch, game stuff, etc.

Anyone else notice that OBD is getting a pretty thorough toilet flushing these days?

The organization has been rinsed clean, save Russ Brandon.

If only Pegula had gotten on it with Operation House Clean the moment he got control of the team....would have saved us years on the rebuild.