Buffalo could have 2nd Shot at Cousins

Question for anyone who knows the Bills salary cap situation well...

How tight would the cap number be if they were to lock up cousins to a long term contract?

Just thinking they have a lot of dead money next year with Wood retiring, and would of course release Tyrod resulting in more dead money 

9 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Sounds like we had a GM who didn't know what he was doing.  Yes every team passed on him and Russell Wilson but not every team was in need of a QB and not a single team needed one more than us.  But let's draft niche receivers who can't catch the ball unless there is nobody within 20 yards of them.  I can't stand when people defend poor drafting with the hindsight excuse or "everybody passed no him."  Nix was a terrible GM, he knew we needed a QB worse than any team in the league, and did nothing about it until he was no his way out the door when he had to.  The worst part is he waited for a terrible QB draft and announced to the world they would be taking one.  Just a simply terrible GM.  Also CJ Spiller says thank you for drafting me at #9 with Fred Jackson and Beast Mode on the roster.  Was that hindsight?

Sorry. Those are great excuses. It is hind sight and every other team passed on him. It's a fact. Nobody thought he would be a top 10 QB.

Not to say I think Nix was a good GM. Far from it. The lack of success and talent for this team under him proves he was not good, along with Whaley. And neither of them were able to get a good QB.