Pre-Draft /Free Agency Mock 2018

r henderson

To start I think the Bills will find the asking price to steep to move up. Plus with so many holes to fill, I believe they will use the draft to strengthen the roster. 

I did not draft a WR , because a lot of the bad play is due to inconsistency at the QB position

1. Da'Ron Payne*, DT, Alabama. Besides QB DT is our greatest need. Da'Ron fills the bill..

1. Donte Jackson*, CB, LSU. We go back to LSU and get another gem at CB. I'm leary of paying EJ Gaines, because of prior inability to stay healthy.

2. Sony Michel, RB, Georgia. Sooner than later Shady will start to slow down. Do you remember our back up RB last year? Enough said. Sony Michel is a stud.

2. Jerome Baker*, OLB, Ohio State. The new breed of fast LB's that are needed for covering TE's and RB's. 

3. Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina State. Will end up being the steal of the draft. Tackling machine with very good coverage skills

4. Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky. Here we go. I honestly believe Buffalo will sign a veteran QB, but we need to draft one every year until we get it right.

5.Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon. Has the potential to challenge for the RT spot day one. Came back and played very well this season, after missing the season before because of injury.  

5. Bradley Bozeman, C, Alabama. With the retirement of Eric Wood our C depth is very thin.  

I like your draft, however with the #22 pick I would take QB Mason Rudolph. I think he has all the tools and played in a Pro-style Offense. I also think we need a burner at WR to stretch the field at some point in the draft

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bigstu said:

I like your draft, however with the #22 pick I would take QB Mason Rudolph. I think he has all the tools and played in a Pro-style Offense. I also think we need a burner at WR to stretch the field at some point in the draft

Oklahoma State offense is the furthest thing from pro-style you can get.  

• Like (+1) 2

I know a lot of people are putting Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round......I would draft him with one of our 2 first round picks

You overdraft qbs...if he is a 2nd round talent take him in the 1st....taking an additional high corner to me seems like a waste given how well we performed last year in that area.   If you have a shut down number 1...which we do.....you can find a guy to fill in for the handful of games at Gaines might miss....and when Gaines is healthy the guy is an absolute stud.

12 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I know a lot of people are putting Mason Rudolph in the 2nd round......I would draft him with one of our 2 first round picks

You overdraft qbs...if he is a 2nd round talent take him in the 1st....taking an additional high corner to me seems like a waste given how well we performed last year in that area.   If you have a shut down number 1...which we do.....you can find a guy to fill in for the handful of games at Gaines might miss....and when Gaines is healthy the guy is an absolute stud.

I just don't agree.  I think you overdraft QBs at the top of the draft, if you've got a DE rated a 98 and a QB a 95, you take the QB.

I think the idea you overdraft QBs in the entirety of the draft is extremely shortsighted and there's a very limited track record of success.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I just don't agree.  I think you overdraft QBs at the top of the draft, if you've got a DE rated a 98 and a QB a 95, you take the QB.

I think the idea you overdraft QBs in the entirety of the draft is extremely shortsighted and there's a very limited track record of success.

I think it is not as simple as that

What is the plan.....is it a guy with all the tools and smarts but he is gonna hold a clipboard behind a veteran starter?

To me that is an investment for the future

29 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Oklahoma State offense is the furthest thing from pro-style you can get.  

Not to take up for Rudolph but the big issue is does he know football and can he translate what he's done into what someone else is asking him to do.  If he can do that it doesn't matter what he played in.  It's not like a drag, arrow, or slant changes from what Rudolph ran at Oklahoma State.  And it's not like NFL teams are staying away from those routes.  Is he a fast learner, can he translate what he's done?  If he can he'll be fine.  

Btw, I'm not saying we should take him or skip on him.  Just trying to throw a little water on the flames for guys that come out of those systems and it's held against them.  I understand the criticism, but it's not always a valid one.

Edited by NewEraBills

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/28/full-buffalo-bills-7-round-nfl-mock-draft-1/

as much as I want a saviour QB we are an old team and need to score on most of our picks. I don't want us mortgaging our future. I like the enclosed draft even if it doesn't include a franchise QB. I think a veteran like Smith or Cousins would be enough of an improvement for a deep playoff run

5 hours ago, r henderson said:

To start I think the Bills will find the asking price to steep to move up. Plus with so many holes to fill, I believe they will use the draft to strengthen the roster. 

I did not draft a WR , because a lot of the bad play is due to inconsistency at the QB position

1. Da'Ron Payne*, DT, Alabama. Besides QB DT is our greatest need. Da'Ron fills the bill..

1. Donte Jackson*, CB, LSU. We go back to LSU and get another gem at CB. I'm leary of paying EJ Gaines, because of prior inability to stay healthy.

2. Sony Michel, RB, Georgia. Sooner than later Shady will start to slow down. Do you remember our back up RB last year? Enough said. Sony Michel is a stud.

2. Jerome Baker*, OLB, Ohio State. The new breed of fast LB's that are needed for covering TE's and RB's. 

3. Darius Leonard, ILB, South Carolina State. Will end up being the steal of the draft. Tackling machine with very good coverage skills

4. Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky. Here we go. I honestly believe Buffalo will sign a veteran QB, but we need to draft one every year until we get it right.

5.Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon. Has the potential to challenge for the RT spot day one. Came back and played very well this season, after missing the season before because of injury.  

5. Bradley Bozeman, C, Alabama. With the retirement of Eric Wood our C depth is very thin.  

I like Payne, Michel, Baker, and Bozeman. I don't think Jackson fits though. He's small, less than 180lbs I think. I don't see him holding up with what we ask of our CB's. I don't know about Crosby either with the foot injury history. It makes me think of Glenn. Nice work though my friend. I know how much time and thought has to go into such things. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Especially with this Rudolph guy. No mason 

24 minutes ago, stuvian said:

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/28/full-buffalo-bills-7-round-nfl-mock-draft-1/

as much as I want a saviour QB we are an old team and need to score on most of our picks. I don't want us mortgaging our future. I like the enclosed draft even if it doesn't include a franchise QB. I think a veteran like Smith or Cousins would be enough of an improvement for a deep playoff run

Agreed.  There is too much potential gain to be had in this draft.  As I said in another thread just a while ago there appears to be a good match of talent to team concerning the Bills.  Let's bet the farm when it is not clear what we should do in the second and third rounds.  There are very little in the way of big contracts due in 2019 and 2020 never mind who we find this spring so we can flex our cap muscle to a free agent QB this year and next year.  

Edited by RochesterRob