Best recovery in music history.

njbuff

Bon Scott died on February 19,1980 and it was believed to be a crushing blow to the existence of AC/DC. 

Scott was/is one of the greatest front men in music history, no matter what genre of music and he is arguably the coolest human being to ever live.................

but the way AC/DC was able to recover quickly and be able to bring on Brian Johnson is one of, if not, the greatest quickest recovery in music history.

Point is.......... two all time front men for one band at different times is just something a marvel.

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Bon Scott died on February 19,1980 and it was believed to be a crushing blow to the existence of AC/DC. 

Scott was/is one of the greatest front men in music history, no matter what genre of music and he is arguably the coolest human being to ever live.................

but the way AC/DC was able to recover quickly and be able to bring on Brian Johnson is one of, if not, the greatest quickest recovery in music history.

Point is.......... two all time front men for one band at different times is just something a marvel.

This is something to marvel at. When Scott died it was almost like they didn't miss a step.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Stones lose Brian Jones

Pink Floyd loses Syd Barrett

Iron Maiden loses Paul Di’anno

Flaming Lips lose Ronald Jones

My Iron Maiden fanboy is showing here, but I think their recovery from the Blaze Bayley era with Brave New World was great. Going from Paul to Bruce was legendary, of course. 

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

My Iron Maiden fanboy is showing here, but I think their recovery from the Blaze Bayley era with Brave New World was great. Going from Paul to Bruce was legendary, of course. 

Unless I'm mistaken, Paul to Bruce was a choice. My understanding is that the band thought Paul's vocal range was too limited.

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Paul to Bruce was a choice. My understanding is that the band thought Paul's vocal range was too limited.

Paul became a hardcore cokehead if I remember right. I think Clive Burr was fired for similar reasons. 

24 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I’m not that familiar with the late era stuff. I might need to check it out.

5 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Never heard that....and forgot all about Clive Burr.

https://thecanyonmalibu.com/blog/3-bands-that-lost-their-front-men-to-drug-addiction/

I’m not that familiar with the late era stuff. I might need to check it out.

Their latest album, Book of Souls, is pretty good stuff. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Metallica/Cliff Burton

Hard to compare a frontman with a bass player when it comes to band continuity.

Not quite the same genre (and was never a big fan)  but Genesis went from Peter Gabriel to Phil Collins.

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wasn't doubting you, but thanks for the link. I guess what I heard was a cover story. Believable though.