Is DACA Issue Just A Dem Slight Of Hand?

3rdnlng

On 2/22/2018 at 7:01 AM, ALF said:

A bipartisan compromise on a sensible case by case basis is better then no deal at all.

What have the Dems offered to “compromise “ on?

Trump raised the number of Daca babies by a million. 

The Dems response... :F-U: smiley

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

What have the Dems offered to “compromise “ on?

Trump raised the number of Daca babies by a million. 

The Dems response... :F-U: smiley

I agree,  it will backfire on the Democrats. I could not believe they did not take that deal .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Good morning, Alf. 

Many of us are (sadly) not surprised at all. 

Theyre in #RESIST modenand think this will be a key lever for them in the midterms. i.e., it’s purely political. They refuse to give Trump ANY credit. crumbs. 

That and taking a Republican deal threatens to shut off the ongoing stream of illegal immigrants and deny most that are here a path to citizenship.  The Dems want to flood the zone with new voters want them all to be citizens.  It's better politically to wait until after both 2018 and 2020 elections in the event the the house flips or becomes closer to 50-50 and Trump loses to a Dem.  If that happens they have a shot at a broader deal or can then again blame obstructionist Republicans.  There is no downside for Dems to keep kicking the can down the road.  Status quo works for them.

Last time I saw the Cali/Arizona border there weren’t much tall grass to hide in, not sure what Pelosi meant by mowing it

and using the image of mowing grass for Illegals was quite unexpectedly comical from her

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Last time I saw the Cali/Arizona border there weren’t much tall grass to hide in, not sure what Pelosi meant by mowing it

and using the image of mowing grass for Illegals was quite unexpectedly comical from her

We could hire the illegals to do it.

Those who doubt Trump's political ability shouldn't be doing so as much now. 

He broke the dems on DACA by offering 1.8 million amnesty ... a "republican" president. And it wasn't enough. 

He's about to break the dems on gun control by offering age restrictions and banning bump stocks... a "republican" president. It won't be enough. 

He's exposing the political leadership of the left to be exactly what they are: mealy mouthed parasites who care more about political wedge issues than they do solving issues and helping Americans. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He broke the dems on DACA by offering 1.8 million amnesty ... a "republican" president. And it wasn't enough. 

He's about to break the dems on gun control by offering age restrictions and banning bump stocks... a "republican" president. It won't be enough. 

He's exposing the political leadership of the left to be exactly what they are: mealy mouthed parasites who care more about political wedge issues than they do solving issues and helping Americans. 

True, but I don't think enough voters pay close enough attention and most of the media won't report the truth. 

21 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Or...maybe not.  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/supreme-court-won-t-hear-daca-case-n851186

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

This is just the beginning of it. And it's very poorly worded, but the Supreme Court has not rejected the offer in the way that is being presented. What has happened is much different. Instead of appealing to the 9 the administration Advance the Cause right to scotus. In doing so they bypass their appeals in the 9th but are still going to appeal in the ninth circuit which will likely will against them, at that point they can appeal to the Supreme Court which is likely to take it up according to the law blogs that I've read. But it's a lot of grandstanding in these articles