How about signing Romo AND drafting the future?

Steptide

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

With Romo being out of the NFL the last year he's had time to heal up. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him (if fully healthy) and drafting the guy for the future. Although we see it occasionally, it's not super common to have a 1st year starter and be successful. Plus you have a veteran like Romo to learn under. Maybe give Romo a 2 year deal? I dunno. Just thinking out loud here

I just can't see someone like Alex Smith or kirk cousins being the guy(s) that lead us to the promised land

Dude....search option.  The 5th "what about Romo" thread was only about a week ago.

He's not coming back...not to play for the Bills anyway.

3 hours ago, sullim4 said:

I wouldn't mind Romo as quarterbacks coach, but you'd have to be out of your mind to make him a starting quarterback.

Hell, he'd be out of his mind to do it.  He's CBS' top color guy and probably one of the best we've seen in recent memory.  No way he gives up that cushy job for a QB position.

Are you sure? I highly doubt his career ended the way he wanted it to. Yes he has a nice career in broadcasting now, but you don't think a part of him is dying to be on the field? 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Are you sure? I highly doubt his career ended the way he wanted it to. Yes he has a nice career in broadcasting now, but you don't think a part of him is dying to be on the field? 

Give it up the spin cycle of Romo threads man. Not happening.

YoungSarcasticHoiho-max-14mb.gif

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'm sure he misses playing the game. It's a rush for players being out there.

Having said that, you can hear in his voice that he is enjoying his new career.

I just get the feeling on one of his broadcasts he'll start singing....."Turn out the lights, the party's over..."

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

No doubt part of him is dying to be on the field. Hopefully the rest of him enjoys being able to walk.

9 hours ago, Steptide said:

With Romo being out of the NFL the last year he's had time to heal up. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him (if fully healthy) and drafting the guy for the future. Although we see it occasionally, it's not super common to have a 1st year starter and be successful. Plus you have a veteran like Romo to learn under. Maybe give Romo a 2 year deal? I dunno. Just thinking out loud here

I just can't see someone like Alex Smith or kirk cousins being the guy(s) that lead us to the promised land

I would take Romo in a heartbeat but doubt he wants to come back.