44 games with Tyrod at QB - % breakdown

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This kills me. I would think ending the 17 year longest in professional sports drought would be seen as a HUGE accomplishment.  High fives around. But around here, yall just want to B word about it.

I don't like the way it ended, but it really was a great year for the Bills and their players, coaches, and fans.

Complainers gonna complain I guess.

A playoff season in spite of how bad Tyrod played.  A playoff season that almost wasn't a playoff season if Cinci didn't get that win.

Sadly this playoff season ended with the QB that only got 3 points. 3 freaking points man, not one TD, come on man this is a playoff game.

Everyone is happy the drought ended but IMO everyone wants more. To wish for another miracle like 2017 takes too many decades for us to wish for. Tyrods playoff miracle season happened too bad for him it will equal a big cut in pay.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

A playoff season in spite of how bad Tyrod played.  A playoff season that almost wasn't a playoff season if Cinci didn't get that win.

Sadly this playoff season ended with the QB that only got 3 points. 3 freaking points man, not one TD, come on man this is a playoff game.

Everyone is happy the drought ended but IMO everyone wants more. To wish for another miracle like 2017 takes too many decades for us to wish for. 

Funny that the biggest win of the year for the Bills was a win by the Bengals!

NE will be around for a few more years. Pittsburgh too. Then 1 team from both the AFCS and AFCW. That leaves 2 spots. No reason with a QB upgrade, Buffalo can't be there for years to come. 

2 hours ago, Jasovon said:

Tyrod will not single handedly lose you a game like many QBs in the league. Problem is he will also never single handedly win you a game either. This season is his ceiling, a wild card berth then out of the playoffs, good to get the monkey off our back, but not Championship Caliber.

I hear this argument all the time and it makes no sense to me.  When your QB continuously struggles to throw for more than 150 yards 1 TD and the top QBs are putting up 300 yards and 3 TDs every week, your QB is 100% losing games for you.  

1 minute ago, StevieJohnsonGOAT said:

I hear this argument all the time and it makes no sense to me.  When your QB continuously struggles to throw for more than 150 yards 1 TD and the top QBs are putting up 300 yards and 3 TDs every week, your QB is 100% losing games for you.  

This is my point, he's not winning you games with those stats but he keeps drives alive and doesn't throw interceptions. 

QBs that cost you games are guys like Winston and Cutler, throwing costly picks. 

8 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

This is my point, he's not winning you games with those stats but he keeps drives alive and doesn't throw interceptions. 

QBs that cost you games are guys like Winston and Cutler, throwing costly picks. 

No he doesn't, Bills TOP was 28:11 good for 30th.

Also if he kept drives alive, they would get yards and score points and neither one of those happened.

Edited by PeterGriffin

11 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

2 games. In 2016. Against Jacksonville and the Browns.  The only people talking out of their A$$ are you TT supports. 

Why does this matter?  A win is not a win if the D does it's job too?  We have an opportunistic D.  Is that a bad thing?  Would it better if they didn't get those "lucky" turnovers?  Figures it was Rex' 'teams that didn't get a turnover.

We can never have a good QB unless we have a bad D?  does that make any kind of sense?  To you I guess it does 

4 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

No he doesn't, Bills TOP was 28:11 good for 30th.

Does the Defense have any impact on this too, or is it only the QB?

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Tyrod is actually pretty consistent in his overall game stats.

He gives you about 190 yards passing, 1 TD, and no interceptions.

If you have the best defense since the 1985 Bears, that might be good enough.

If you don't, you need to move on.

Brutal watch.   It’s like early Steve McNair when Fisher wouldn’t let him throw.  

2 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

Sure he does by not moving the ball, not converting 3rd downs and not scoring any damn points. So yeah he does single handedly lose games.

Your excuses are old, stale and very amusing. :lol: 

He just single handedly lost a game 3 days ago ??‍♂️

Edited by Teddy KGB

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Why does this matter?  A win is not a win if the D does it's job too?  We have an opportunistic D.  Is that a bad thing?  Would it better if they didn't get those "lucky" turnovers?  Figures it was Rex' 'teams that didn't get a turnover.

We can never have a good QB unless we have a bad D?  does that make any kind of sense?  To you I guess it does 

Does the Defense have any impact on this too, or is it only the QB?

It matters because, as just proved, he cant win without help from the def.  i would rather have a QB that can win without a shutdown def. TT was never that and provd again on sunday he will never be. But keep trying to find ways to paint TT in the light you like.   And it amazing how it does not matter after the numbers where brought up. I told you, you would not like the answer. 

Edited by CircleTheWagons99

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

It matters because, as just proved, he cant win without help from the def.  i would rather have a QB that can win without a shutdown def. TT was never that and provd again on sunday he will never be. But keep trying to find ways to paint TT in the light you like.   And it amazing how it does not matter after the numbers where brought up. I told you, you would not like the answer. 

How exactly did he provd that he will never be?  Can you predict the future too?

I don't really care about the answer to your question really.  I expect the Bills to have an even better D next year so it's a nit.

I know yall think I LOVE me some Hotrod.  I do like him, true.

But here's my thing.  I've been a Bills fan since 1996 and seen us in a very similar spot 3 times before.

2000 -  We had Flutie who had taken us to playoffs 2 out of last 3 years.  Yet we were so certain that the 6' 3"" young stallion Rob Johnson was going win us multiple Lombardis so we dumped the playoff QB.  We didn't have another winning season for 4 years.

2004 - We had Blue Dreadslow and went 9-7. We won 8 out of last 10.  The team had some serious mojo workin'.  But we hated Blue and had this 1st round draft pick we HAD to get in to take us all the way.  We cut Blue.  JP sucked.  We didn't have another winning season for 10 years.

2014 - Bills go 9-7 again.  Kyle quit, but fans here were ready to dump him for who knows what?  2 more years without a winning season. 

Now fans want to do the same.

Hotrod has limitations no doubt. You won't get an argument from me on that.  I just don't want us to dump a playoff QB (although limited) for a possible maybe.  If we can get Smith or Keenum and draft a QB, fine.  But there is no guarantee that we'll get a QB as good as Hotrod (although limited).

Contrary to popular belief, we can always do worse. 

I'm just a bird in hand guy.  Evidently, you're not.  That's OK too.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

How exactly did he provd that he will never be?  Can you predict the future too?

I don't really care about the answer to your question really.  I expect the Bills to have an even better D next year so it's a nit.

I know yall think I LOVE me some Hotrod.  I do like him, true.

But here's my thing.  I've been a Bills fan since 1996 and seen us in a very similar spot 3 times before.

2000 -  We had Flutie who had taken us to playoffs 2 out of last 3 years.  Yet we were so certain that the 6' 3"" young stallion Rob Johnson was going win us multiple Lombardis so we dumped the playoff QB.  We didn't have another winning season for 4 years.

2004 - We had Blue Dreadslow and went 9-7. We won 8 out of last 10.  The team had some serious mojo workin'.  But we hated Blue and had this 1st round draft pick we HAD to get in to take us all the way.  We cut Blue.  JP sucked.  We didn't have another winning season for 10 years.

2014 - Bills go 9-7 again.  Kyle quit, but fans here were ready to dump him for who knows what?  2 more years without a winning season. 

Now fans want to do the same.

Hotrod has limitations no doubt. You won't get an argument from me on that.  I just don't want us to dump a playoff QB (although limited) for a possible maybe.  If we can get Smith or Keenum and draft a QB, fine.  But there is no guarantee that we'll get a QB as good as Hotrod (although limited).

Contrary to popular belief, we can always do worse. 

I'm just a bird in hand guy.  Evidently, you're not.  That's OK too.

No sense talking to people like you. Just to be clear. I asked a question and you got all pissy, I answered my own question because of your response, then it didnt matter. Now you bring up other QBs, you are attacking the fans. I mean, what is your point?  My point is that TT cannot win games without a shutdown defense, out of his 23 victories, only 2 came from games that the defense did not force a TO. And the 2 wins where in 2016 against Jacksonville and the Browns. What is your point?

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

No sense talking to people like you. Just to be clear. I asked a question and you got all pissy, I answered my own question because of your response, then it didnt matter. Now you bring up other QBs, you are attacking the fans. I mean, what is your point?  My point is that TT cannot win games without a shutdown defense, out of his 23 victories, only 2 came from games that the defense did not force a TO. And the 2 wins where in 2016 against Jacksonville and the Browns. What is your point?

I explained why I don't want to out and out dump Hotrod despite his limitations.  We've done that twice before when we had QBs that could help get us to 9+ wins and had disastrous consequences.  That's my point. If you feel different that's fine.  Relax pal.  How was I attacking fans?  The FO released these guys.

It's nice that Hotrod has only won 2 games without a turnover.  Again, i don't think it's a big deal. Your do.  Fine.

Sorry I was pissy.  Didn't know that was a problem on TBD.

Just seems to me everytime we get close, we shoot ourselves in the foot QB wise. I don't wanna do that again, that's all.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

We all know Coach McDermott loves to sit on a lead.  So it's not surprising we weren't going up and down the field scoring a lot of points.

No I don’t believe we know that. 

From the stories I have read scoring in the second half has been a concern for him.  

I’ve posted links to support this.  

Id like to see a link that supports the above so that I don’t make any incorrect claim.  

8 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

44 total games as the Bills QB:

INTs

Games with 3 INT: 1 - 2.2%

Games with 2 INT: 0 - 0.0%

Games with 1 INT: 13 - 29.5%

Games with 0 INT: 30 - 68.1%

Passing Yards

43 games under 300 - 97.7%

38 games under 280 - 86.3%

30 games under 230 - 68.1%

23 games under 200 - 52.2%

16 games under 180 - 36.3%

7 games under 130 - 15.9%

Passing TDs

Games with 3 passing TDs: 6 - 13.6%

Games with 2 passing TDs: 7 - 15.9%

Games with 1 passing TD: 19 - 43.1%

Games with 0 passing TD: 12 - 27.2%

31 games with 1 or 0 passing TDs - 70.4%

38 games with 2 or fewer passing TDs - 86.3%

Tyrod's greatest flaw is his inaccuracy. Ball placement is everything. The better QB's in the NFL put the ball in a spot where they can make a catch and get YAC. Tyrod's guys are constantly having to slow down, contort their bodies, or fall to the ground to make the catch. He also throws the ball to one place when he should be throwing to another. Romo pointed it out on Sunday with the throw to Benjamin. Tyrod threw a fade when he should have thrown it in back shoulder. A back shoulder throw gets you a TD. It's things like these and missing the wide open guys like Thompson on the fly route which prove no matter how likeable he is, he just isn't the guy we need. 

• Like (+1) 1