44 games with Tyrod at QB - % breakdown

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I explained why I don't want to out and out dump Hotrod despite his limitations.  We've done that twice before when we had QBs that could help get us to 9+ wins and had disastrous consequences.  That's my point. If you feel different that's fine.  Relax pal.  How was I attacking fans?  The FO released these guys.

It's nice that Hotrod has only won 2 games without a turnover.  Again, i don't think it's a big deal. Your do.  Fine.

Sorry I was pissy.  Didn't know that was a problem on TBD.

Just seems to me everytime we get close, we shoot ourselves in the foot QB wise. I don't wanna do that again, that's all.

I honeslty think TT was holding the Offense back, hanging on to him just becase it might get worse is not a good idea. He cannot win games for the Bills. Which is my point. 

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

This kills me. I would think ending the 17 year longest in professional sports drought would be seen as a HUGE accomplishment.  High fives around. But around here, yall just want to B word about it.

I don't like the way it ended, but it really was a great year for the Bills and their players, coaches, and fans.

Complainers gonna complain I guess.

Oh it is.    The sour taste is in how we lost that playoff game.  

3 points and (I’ll give a moderate estimate) 10 of 20 passes were bad or throw aways.  Even though I don’t think there were 10 drops  17/37.  

14 minutes ago, bobm said:

Seemed like he threw a lot of long passes out of bounds or way over the receiver's head.  Maybe he did miss Watkins/Goodwin speed.  

I might agree but the pattern of completely ignoring those two guys late in games goes back to 2015.  

1 hour ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I honeslty think TT was holding the Offense back, hanging on to him just becase it might get worse is not a good idea. He cannot win games for the Bills. Which is my point. 

Made me giggle when he called him a playoff QB then put (although limited)..lol

CTW, excellent job man, dead on in your posts, eating popcorn

5 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

I see your point. I also agree with you that we need better QB play. Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I don't want to crown Hotrod the 2018 opening day starter. But I DO want to keep him on the team in case of injury or if we can't find someone better (which is a very real possibility).

This is not like moving on from EJ or Trent. We're moving on from a p!ayoff QB this time.

One more thing, how many games do you think Kirk Cousins won this year when his D got no turnovers?

Edited by reddogblitz

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I get what you are saying - every excuse under the sun for Tyrod.  But you're missing the point that Dennison's system was not a fit for Tyrod (which should have been seen in camp), yet it was stubbornly forced on him anyway.  The results were putrid.

Tell me, what scheme is out there for Tyrod?

11 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

I want TT gone, and there's no system where he's "unstoppable"...

HOWEVER

He used to be anyway - really good throwing deep balls.

The non-imaginary scheme that suits him is the old Raiders power-run/deep pass system that relies on FAST WRs to get down the field for those bombs that force open the run. The WCO they switched to this year is pretty much the opposite of that scheme FWIW.

It's not very modern, but it's basically what (I believe) Seattle, Carolina, Baltimore, and to a degree Pittsburgh try to do.

I wouldn't stick with TT to run that scheme though - even when the Bills basically did that with Roman, Tyrod is pretty clearly the worst of all the QB's on that list who are suited to the scheme.

So, there's a "best" scheme for Tyrod, the Bills didn't run it, but even if they did, Taylor would still be the worst QB in the league running that scheme.

A lot of what you say here is absolutely true. You went overboard at the very end to hurt the overall point a bit, but really good take overall!

25 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Roman's

I'm thinking Mike McCoy could come up with one like he did for Tebow.  Think outside of the box

We were one of the least effective passing offenses in the league under Roman. Because of Tyrod. Great run scheme for McCoy though.

Tyrod will never be successful in this league. Defenses know that all you have to do is keep him in the pocket and he can't function. Regardless of scheme.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

We were one of the least effective passing offenses in the league under Roman. Because of Tyrod. Great run scheme for McCoy though.

Tyrod will never be successful in this league. Defenses know that all you have to do is keep him in the pocket and he can't function. Regardless of scheme.

Roman's offense was top 10 in scoring. The point of an offense is to score points, not put up gaudy pass stats.  

I guess it just depends on what the definition of success is. If you think winning the SB and leading the league in passing, then maybe not. I would argue that playing QB for a team that hasnt been to the playoffs in 17 years with only 2 winning seasons in that time and getting them to playoffs is successful.

By all means,let's find someone batter though.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Tell me, what scheme is out there for Tyrod?

More like the system Anthony Lynn ran last year after Roman was fired.  It was an effective system for Tyrod, as well as the rest of the offensive squad.  The offense was not the problem last year, like it was this year.

13 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Truth hurts but the COT will still point to everyone else's fault while pushing for him to stay another season.

It is sad when other teams laugh at the Bills stating they made him be a QB.

I would like to see our OC be able to have all the QBs run the same scheme not two on one scheme and Tyrod on his short bus scheme. Can not have any unity on offense when not on the same page.

It's the O-line! No, it's the OC! No...it's the HC! No...it's the receivers! No...it's the defense! No, it's the refs!

Those are the REAL reasons we lost the games we did, not the QB. 

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It's the O-line! No, it's the OC! No...it's the HC! No...it's the receivers! No...it's the defense! No, it's the refs!

Those are the REAL reasons we lost the games we did, not the QB. 

Maybe it was McCoys 1.4 ypc drop from 2016 (5.4) to 2017 (4.0)?

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No I don’t believe we know that. 

From the stories I have read scoring in the second half has been a concern for him.  

I’ve posted links to support this.  

Id like to see a link that supports the above so that I don’t make any incorrect claim.  

I got the info by both watching the games and something I read on TBD.   It was pretty obvious that when we got ahead we went into sit on the football mode.

And someone else, maybe Yolo or 26 ,posted some stats about first half vs second half.  it wasn't like Hotrod was 12 for 15 in the first half and 2 for 10 in the second. It was more like 10 for 15 in the first half and 6 for 7 in the second.  Less passing.  I'll try to find it.

I'm not sure if that's just because of his QB, or his coaching philosophy.  A lot of coaches like to sit on the lead.  I grew up in Dallas as a Cowboy fan from 1960 to 1988.  Tom Landry sat on leads sometimes.  Drove us nuts.  But we won most of the time like Coach McDermott has this year.  We'll see what he does next year he has more of "his guys".

I don't have any links, but I'd love to see yours if they still have them so that I don’t make an incorrect claim.  

Here's one example that I was thinking of: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200274-tyrod-taylor-playoff-qb/?do=findComment&comment=4798997  20 passes in the first half and only 7 in the second half with a lead.

Edited by reddogblitz

Bills fans have had their perception warped by us playing Brady twice a year that is seen by many as the minimum level of a franchise QB which is nonsense. Tyrod is like Andy Dalton or Andrew Luck, good enough if the supporting cast is excellent but if not then mediocre. 

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I got the info by both watching the games and something I read on TBD.   It was pretty obvious that when we got ahead we went into sit on the football mode.

And someone else, maybe Yolo or 26 ,posted some stats about first half vs second half.  it wasn't like Hotrod was 12 for 15 in the first half and 2 for 10 in the second. It was more like 10 for 15 in the first half and 6 for 7 in the second.  Less passing.  I'll try to find it.

I'm not sure if that's just because of his QB, or his coaching philosophy.  A lot of coaches like to sit on the lead.  I grew up in Dallas as a Cowboy fan from 1960 to 1988.  Tom Landry sat on leads sometimes.  Drove us nuts.  But we won most of the time like Coach McDermott has this year.  We'll see what he does next year he has more of "his guys".

I don't have any links, but I'd love to see yours if they still have them so that I don’t make an incorrect claim.  

Here's one example that I was thinking of: https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200274-tyrod-taylor-playoff-qb/?do=findComment&comment=4798997  20 passes in the first half and only 7 in the second half with a lead.

There is protecting the ball and then there is the inability to regain momentum.    How can a coordinator that helped produce a productive 3rd down conversion rate "forget" how to call plays?   

As to TBD members, there are very few I would give credence to as to what might happen at OBD.   

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/06/bills-offensive-struggles-sean-mcdermott/

Just two red zone appearances won’t cut it in the NFL, especially when the Bills tallied just 85 passing yards all day. Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott commented on whether or not it’s becoming obvious to him the importance of throwing the ball in the NFL.

“I think I knew that before I became a head coach [laughs], with all due respect to your question,” said McDermott to the media Monday.

“You have to be able to throw the ball in this league. That said, you just can’t become a one-dimensional team, whether it’s throwing or running. Balance is important, and being able to, at the end of the day, score points is important.”

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/27/sean-mcdermott-rick-dennison-tyrod-taylor/

Their last offensive touchdown came a mind-boggling five weeks ago when LeSean McCoy dashed 21-yards through the snow to secure a Bills’ overtime win against the Colts.

This begs the question: what is happening to the Bills after halftime?

This is a trend that needs to be reversed. While Buffalo has been able to win games despite mediocre second-half performances by their offense, Sean McDermott acknowledged that he was concerned about the lack of offensive production over the final 30 minutes of games, as he’s seen the team settle for field goal after field goal as they fail to find the endzone. 

Dennison also spoke on the issue, explaining that consistency and better execution was needed.

“Well certainly, you want to score every quarter,” the offensive coordinator said Tuesday. “We struggled earlier in the year scoring early. Now, we’re scoring early and not scoring late, so we’re trying to make adjustments, take a look at what we’ve got and what we’re not doing right. It’s going to come down to just being consistent and execute every play. I think that’s what we’ll find.”

So, based on these articles I know McDermott is well aware that playing conservative is not a good thing.  The issue is, who takes the lions share of the blame.   Rico may be at fault, but I'd lean more on the guy who touched the ball every snap and his ability to read the defense and put the ball where it needs to go through w/o over thinking.

"Tyrod needs to trust his eyes and his feet"  - Tony Romo (on 3 separate occasions). 

and no I don't think Tony has anything against TT because he was just as critical of Bortles Sunday

4 minutes ago, Billsmisery said:

Lol give it up man he's done. He would still be the same below average at best QB in a dome. I'm good with trading him to a dome team to see how he does though. 

I'm 99.999% sure what @twoandfourteen said was pure sarcasm.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

19 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i'm ready to move on from taylor and have been since last year before the draft... I think everyone basically is now.

with that being said. this thread is literally filled with the bottom of the bin when it comes to posters on this board. an all star cast of "I told you so" posters or just crappy posters in general. 

complete sludge in here.

Well that’s like...your opinion, man.

i for one am enjoying the fact that I WAS right the moment I knew the guy was a bum after the giants game a few years back.

22 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Bills fans have had their perception warped by us playing Brady twice a year that is seen by many as the minimum level of a franchise QB which is nonsense. Tyrod is like Andy Dalton or Andrew Luck, good enough if the supporting cast is excellent but if not then mediocre. 

Dude, that’s just ridiculous. Andrew luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tryhard 

• Like (+1) 2