Hypothetical - If Peterman won the game

Virgil

https://www.yahoo.com/news/savior-alabama-never-knew-needed-tua-tagovailoa-084441084.html

Shut out at halftime and fortunate to only be trailing in the College Football Playoff championship game by 13 points, Nick Saban’s vaunted Alabama machinewas breaking down in front of a shocked national audience. The Crimson Tide were in disarray and staring defeat in the face against poised and confident Georgia. In this dire situation, Saban turned to a raw freshman and asked him to rescue Alabama’s title hopes.

On 07/01/2018 at 10:47 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think McD would have had much of a choice given the hit Taylor took, but even if Taylor was cleared you can't go back him if NP won the game today against a superior Jags team on the road.

In fact the Biggest mistake McD made was going back to Taylor after the Chargers game or we probably are advancing to 2nd round and wouldn't have needed a miracle play from the Bengals to get into the tourney to begin with.

What are you talking about, man?............you even said yourself that Peterman should have been yanked from that game and TT come back in to take over.

You also said that Peterman just wasn't ready to be a starter in this league, but now you're saying that he should have stayed in and led us to the 2nd rd. of the playoffs?

**** is wrong with you, man?............pick a side of the fence and live with it.

I think that Peterman would have played next week but that’s because of injury. Tyrod’s season was over with that hit.

Also, in 4 plays Peterman had a bobbled snap, a fumble, an intentional grounding and an INT. Do people really not recognize how incredibly bad he is? There is a decent chance that he is out of the NFL next year IMO. If you sign a vet and draft a guy early why waste a spot on him to be your 3rd? 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that Peterman would have played next week but that’s because of injury. Tyrod’s season was over with that hit.

Also, in 4 plays Peterman had a bobbled snap, a fumble, an intentional grounding and an INT. Do people really not recognize how incredibly bad he is? There is a decent chance that he is out of the NFL next year IMO. If you sign a vet and draft a guy early why waste a spot on him to be your 3rd? 

Much like Zay Jones, let's give Peterman a little longer to develop before cutting losses on them.  You could be right, but it is still way too early to come to any conclusions, in my opinion.

On 1/7/2018 at 9:42 PM, Virgil said:

If Peterman won the game after entering late, would you start him against the Pats next week?

I know some of you hate these, so feel free to ignore and move on.  

For me, if he orchestrated the game tying TD and later game winning score, I give him the keys in the final week. However, I don’t think McDermott makes that decision again. 

Thoughts?  Changing starting QB mid post season?

Belicheck eats rookie QB for lunch.  Chew-a-chew-a-chew-tooth-munch-munch-Nicey!

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Much like Zay Jones, let's give Peterman a little longer to develop before cutting losses on them.  You could be right, but it is still way too early to come to any conclusions, in my opinion.

Zay Jones is the most productive WR in NCAA history. He was a top 40 pick. That’s a guy that you have patience with. If he ends up as James Hardy or Josh Reed or Roscoe, so be it. He’s worth the time. 

Peterman BARELY completed 60% of his college passes. He’s basically Mark Asper or Kyle Calloway. No one said that those guys needed years.

Zay and Peterman aren’t the same. 

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm starting to think either you're high or a Pats fan in Bills clothing that is just messing with us.  I've been reading a lot of your posts this season and I really think you're just a pot-stirrer.  

SP inspired me to re-educate myself as to how to block people.  I feel much more peaceful now.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

with 3 games of 3 points and 3 sub 45 qb ratings ....  he also has the inability to keep us out of the playoffs too.  

and please don't take that as love for Nate.  It's that I'm "fed up with" Tay Tay 

We agree, take it easy. I do like Nate but want nothing to do with keeping TT. 

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

We agree, take it easy. I do like Nate but want nothing to do with keeping TT. 

That was a general comment and not intended to be singular. 

Sorry for the “tone” of the reply.  

I like Nate’s 3 steps and quick release. 

Its what comes after that is the issue.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zay Jones is the most productive WR in NCAA history. He was a top 40 pick. That’s a guy that you have patience with. If he ends up as James Hardy or Josh Reed or Roscoe, so be it. He’s worth the time. 

Peterman BARELY completed 60% of his college passes. He’s basically Mark Asper or Kyle Calloway. No one said that those guys needed years.

Zay and Peterman aren’t the same. 

If I had to bet on a player who would dramatically improve next year it would be him. As you noted he had too much production in college to believe that he can't be a solid pro. Although, one thing that bothered me about him this year was his inability to get much separation. I expect an offseason of diligent preparation from him so he can enter camp more confident and ready to play. 

As far as the Peterman issue if he becomes a backup qb then his selection was reasonable. He is the type of player whose ceiling is low and his impact is limited. He's a smart player with limited talent. He's the type of player who some day may make a good coach. 

11 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I am hoping Pete makes the off season jump necessary to improve this spring. That said, TT ability to protect the ball kept us in the playoffs.

NP is a hard working and is going to have a great offseason.

And regardless of whatever other QB moves are made this offseason, NP is going to be generating a lot of hype in camp and preseason when he looks even better than last summer.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

NP is a hard working and is going to have a great offseason.

And regardless of whatever other QB moves are made this offseason, NP is going to be generating a lot of hype in camp and preseason when he looks even better than last summer.

Until he throws 8 picks in his first preseason game.    And gets yanked.  

Then you will wish you had taken that offer for the bag of hammers.

Guys, I know you hate Tyrod.  That's fine, go ahead and hate him.  Knock yourself out.  But enough with the Peterman nonsense.  He's a 5th-round rookie who has looked bad every time he's played a meaningful game.  (I guess he was okay in Saints garbage time, but that wasn't exactly meaningful by then.)  He lasted till the 5th round for a reason.  Maybe he eventually won't suck.  I hope so!  But right now, he does suck.  You might as well have a hypothetical scenario where McDermott pulled you out of the stands to throw the winning TD pass.

On 1/7/2018 at 10:47 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't think McD would have had much of a choice given the hit Taylor took, but even if Taylor was cleared you can't go back him if NP won the game today against a superior Jags team on the road.

In fact the Biggest mistake McD made was going back to Taylor after the Chargers game or we probably are advancing to 2nd round and wouldn't have needed a miracle play from the Bengals to get into the tourney to begin with.

ya know what....i am with you and have shared your opinion all along. they could come out and say that going into next year, they feel good about giving nate the chance to grow in the off season and take the wheel.

they will draft a qb....maybe/hopefully rudolph with their first or second 1st rd. pick and maximize their picks throughout the draft. then they can say that they will look for a vet presence, but do not think it wise or prudent to get into some kind of bidding war for a big name.

i believe if this past year was nate's second year and he was the starter, we would have been 10-6 easily. i hope to see that next year. i really got a feeling the kid has the tools. this is just my opinion, but with an entire off season to at least compete for a starting job, i believe people will be impressed. i can't wait to see a real qb run an efficient offense for once. his presence is also the reason why i think they keep dennison.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Until he throws 8 picks in his first preseason game.    And gets yanked.  

Then you will wish you had taken that offer for the bag of hammers.

Check the stats.   I don’t think he threw an int in preseason.  

I could be wrong but I looked the other day after a conversation and none jumped out.   Incompletions under pressure was a common thing.

What should have been a red flag was the under 50 qb rating for the starter in all preseason 

IIRC approximately 30, 40 and 70. 

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I could be wrong but I looked the other day after a conversation and none jumped out.   Incompletions under pressure was a common thing.

What should have been a red flag was the under 50 qb rating for the starter in all preseason 

The preseason red flag was 1/16 for 7 yards when pressured

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It was meant to be a meaningless post - troll ish if you will.  

When you see me make a statement like that - assume there is an ulterior motive.   Take note of who I am responding to.

• Like (+1) 1