Practicing while wearing Headphones

Bakin

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I warmed up with music on game days. I can't be certain, but I felt it helped me both loosen up and focus. No external distractions. My coaches never complained.

Same.  Also used it to get "pumped up" if you will.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-football-players-wear-headphones-when-they-get-down-from-team-bus

Per linked article

1: They want to be focused before their match,they want to keep themselves calm.

2: They wear headphones so as to avoid any disturbances around them like press interviews or noisy fans.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Same.  Also used it to get "pumped up" if you will.

It depended on the day. I played before the Ipod/mp3 player came about and actually had a discman in a fanny pack. I would alternate music depending on the game. Bowl game was mellow because I was way too jacked up already. Laugh, as I will join you, but Phil Collins was my jam that day. Generally it was hip hop or classic rock.

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It depended on the day. I played before the Ipod/mp3 player came about and actually had a discman in a fanny pack. I would alternate music depending on the game. Bowl game was mellow because I was way too jacked up already. Laugh, as I will join you, but Phil Collins was my jam that day. Generally it was hip hop or classic rock.

I had a Sony minidisc.  Agree on the music choices though.  For soccer and swimming I used it to get pumped and baseball I used it to keep focused.

Phil is still good ****.

20 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I warmed up with music on game days. I can't be certain, but I felt it helped me both loosen up and focus. No external distractions. My coaches never complained.

...sounds reasonable and plausible......are we getting this picayune about non-issues?.......Jesus, cut some slack here.......

38 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Can someone explain this to me??

it seems ridiculous. 

or is it just brought to you by carls Junior?

During 11-on-11 or some other drill where you have to communicate, no unless they're equipment that transmits play calls etc

Otherwise, why not? 

The right music energizes you, it becomes part of a routine, it blocks out distractions, and also some use the music to time switching from one activity to another, jog during the first song clip, stretch during the second, next song high knees etc

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...did I say something wrong?......

no, you were spot on- reacting to your reaction to the earlier post. Too much time on fans hands, getting consumed with non issues.

Edited by klos63